Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a little something that I've been working on.The project is still WIP but has taken shape enough to snap a few pics to share.Any input & suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
raft001.jpg
[/IMG]
raft002.jpg
[/IMG]
raft003.jpg
[/IMG]
raft004.jpg
[/IMG]

Enaud, I would have to say "SUPER COOL" raft! What is it made of? Very, very realistic. :banana

Enaud, you are a master craftsman! I LOVE THAT RAFT!!! Bravo!!!

I love Angel's chair, too. It always brings a smile to my face when I see it.

Thanks Kfog.
It's made out of wood & MDF.At the moment it only has 1 coat of primer.My plan at the moment is to sand & apply more coats until it is really smooth.Then add a few details like the "seem banding"(on the corners of each of the sections),eyelets & rope around the upper perimeter.I've even had the thought of making the propellent tanks that are seen very breifly in some scenes......And of course ye ole stars & stripes.

Enaud, you are a master craftsman! I LOVE THAT RAFT!!! Bravo!!!

I love Angel's chair, too. It always brings a smile to my face when I see it.

Thanks Jess!

The chair is just killer....it's one of those things that is so simple but yet SO effective.I haven't even painted it yet.I have it setting on my computer with Zaius sitting in it.I'm seriously consittering about hitting him up for another one when I can free up the cash.

Here's a little something that I've been working on.The project is still WIP but has taken shape enough to snap a few pics to share.Any input & suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
raft001.jpg
[/IMG]
raft002.jpg
[/IMG]
raft003.jpg
[/IMG]
raft004.jpg
[/IMG]

I just love the raft you made...

But as Letterman always asks...

"Will it Float?"

Last night I cut out a "pattern" for a pullover hood for an ape friend of mine. This evening I cut out the stretch fabric and sewed it together with my sucky sewing machine, and I completed it! I'm going to send it to him tomorrow, and hopefully it will fit him. He is going to add ape appliances to it and create his own pullover mask.

I'm going to be doing something like that for my own Zira costume, so I could recreate Zira's hair on a pullover. I still need to purchase the wigs and wig pieces. It might be the easier thing for me to do since I won't have any helpers when it comes time for me to put on my costume.

Did I tell you guys that I also have the ape ears already in hand for the costume? My friend from South Carolina sent them to me. My costume is slowly coming together.

Now I am just waiting patiently for my neighbor to come out of the woodwork...

Thanks Kfog.
It's made out of wood & MDF.At the moment it only has 1 coat of primer.My plan at the moment is to sand & apply more coats until it is really smooth.Then add a few details like the "seem banding"(on the corners of each of the sections),eyelets & rope around the upper perimeter.I've even had the thought of making the propellent tanks that are seen very breifly in some scenes......And of course ye ole stars & stripes.

Great pictures Enaud. What a wonderful raft. It looks great. i can't wait to see the finished project. Thank you for sharing. All of us here love this type of stuff. I think some of the most talented people on this board are in this forum.

Last night I cut out a "pattern" for a pullover hood for an ape friend of mine. This evening I cut out the stretch fabric and sewed it together with my sucky sewing machine, and I completed it! I'm going to send it to him tomorrow, and hopefully it will fit him. He is going to add ape appliances to it and create his own pullover mask.

I'm going to be doing something like that for my own Zira costume, so I could recreate Zira's hair on a pullover. I still need to purchase the wigs and wig pieces. It might be the easier thing for me to do since I won't have any helpers when it comes time for me to put on my costume.

Did I tell you guys that I also have the ape ears already in hand for the costume? My friend from South Carolina sent them to me. My costume is slowly coming together.

Now I am just waiting patiently for my neighbor to come out of the woodwork...

This is very exciting news Jessica. With Halloween quickly approaching, you are right on schedule, and are going to blow us all away. I really miss dressing up and going to halloween parties. :monkey5

I'm not going to use my Zira costume for Halloween. I'm getting it ready for the San Francisco Wondercon in February, so I have lots of time for my neighbor to come out of the woodwork and not freak out...

Thanks Kfog.

You're cookin' with fire enaud! That raft looks terrific!

I was considering doing a raft and using 3/4" or a 1" dowel rod for the inside wooden frame to maintain the hexagon shape. Then I was going to cover mine in soft spongy pipe wrapping. (i.e. a black insulator foam material used for water pipes.) Then I was going to cover that in yellow rubber material using some yellow rubber gloves as the outer skin. Your method looks GREAT and seems a whole lot simpler!:angelsmil

Keep it up!

Last edited:
Enaud's take on the raft is pure genius. I would never have thought to make one out of wood and MDF. I can't wait to see it painted up in its full glory, with all the doodads attached.

Good news and bad news, guys. Bad news first: no more Apevine. The Forum of the Apes will be getting a facelift in the next few days, and this will be one of the items excised. Good news? I don't have to sweat it every Saturday to come up with a story or a continuation of. So it works out even.

I just back from goapebilly's facebook page. Wow, you gotta check it out. He has sooo many goodies. I could get lost there for days. He's got a great closeup of an ape rifle with bayonet, the ape wagon, and so many ape'o-licious items, props, collectibles, it's mind boggling. A pure delight. :D He even has his SS apes in one of the photos but you'll need to look hard for those tiny things.

P.S. Good news for you Jess.

I just back from goapebilly's facebook page. Wow, you gotta check it out. He has sooo many goodies. I could get lost there for days. He's got a great closeup of an ape rifle with bayonet, the ape wagon, and so many ape'o-licious items, props, collectibles, it's mind boggling. A pure delight. :D He even has his SS apes in one of the photos but you'll need to look hard for those tiny things.

P.S. Good news for you Jess.

Hi Stckman! How do I get to goapebilly's facebook page. Just put in his search name?:confused:

Hi Stckman! How do I get to goapebilly's facebook page. Just put in his search name?:confused:

Hey Kent. His name is Billy Simons. So if you search that name in facebook, you should see him. A little clue, he's the one the looks like General Ursus. I hope this helps buddy.

Back