Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All!
Sorry for the long delay. I have been in an out of the emergency room with mom plus on top of lossing my job, I have been bumbed!

First things first though! Ironman, I have been going through some old post and I am so sorry for the loss of your mother! My heart goes out to you my brother!

Angel, I love your new dioramas! And I am so jealous! :bow

Stickman: Keep the photos coming! I knew that your display was big, but I never realized the size of the thing until I saw the pic you posted of your brother working on it. I wish I had the talent that you and Angel has for making these things. Please you and Angel PM me or email me and let me know your secrets so I can learn from the masters on building my own Ape city.

Jess, I love the pics you posted on Holloween! No offense, but you are very beauitful! Your husband is a very lucky man! All of that beauty and to top it off, you are a Planet of the Apes lover also!!!! :woo

I also got the email for the new upcoming PF Apes. PZ, I know that this has been a wish of your for some time! But for me, I have to agree with Ironman. I was hoping for more in the 12inch figure line. Mostly due to there are so many more possibilities and also because of money. The PF's cost way more than the 12inch figures do that I may not be able to buy any of them.

Has anyone bought the new Apes Blu-ray release yet? I am curious to hear reviews since I don't have a Blu-ray player.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. I don't get time very often to check in but my thoughts and heart are always with you my friends. Please feel free to email me anytime just don't be offended if I don't answer that fast. I don't get very much time for anything else right now.

John

The coolest thing in Tim Burtons Planet of the Apes movie (to me) was "Calima". The apes spoke of "Calima" throughout the picture. Near the end of the movie, the camera very quickly panned over the dirty walls of the aging spacecraft. The only letters exposed on the wall were "Ca", "li", and "ma".

Mark Wahlberg wiped off the dirt in one quick motion exposing the words "Caged Live Animals". I really thought that was very clever. Unfortunately, it happened so quickly, I think most people missed it.

The idea of the combination of words was cool, ala ZARDOZ, but I thought it was lame that they called it that for years, and all someone had to do was brush away dust... The name should have been obstructed by something more difficult to remove....

NOOOOO. That ruined it for me too. Was he the one that said the Rodney King line. "Can't we all just get along?" Come on! No place for that in a film.... Sorry Kfog, I love ya man but bad call. :lol

Everyone jumped on that, but I didn't have a problem with it. It was the only attempt in the film to be somewhat political...

Oddly the one scene I liked the most, unlike most people I know, I liked the ending, because it was very much like the book. I guess no one in the theater read the book, because they were like, "Boo, come on ape fire fighters, and police, corny." But that's how they really were. It was later that they were made primitive do to budget restraint. Ramble, babble.:blah:blah:blah

I liked the ending as well. I don't think there could have been a better ending, everyone knew the original, and they had to do something different (I usually articulate this better, but I'm half asleep right now..) I can't believe people were so confused by it. I think its funny that Fox put a card in the dvd explaining the ending. The only figure from the burton movie I put together was the Motorcycle cop gorilla on a Harley. I was going to post a pick here, but the group is so anti- burton (myself included) I didn't want to post it... It looks really cool though...

Hasslein That would be cool to see. I don't remember much because I only watched it once, which was enough for me, but I dig gorillas, so that would be interesting to see again.

Jess, I hold you responsible for the last eight years! :balrog:archer LOL

I was thinking the makeup looked more like Janet Jackson, sometimes those two look too much a like, or used to anyways. :sick

John, Always a pleasure when you pop in. I know it's tough dealing with loved ones that are sick, so stay in the fight and keep your chin up. Sorry to hear about your job, times are really tough. Hang in there.

I wish I could film your jail. I'd hate to see how much DD would charge for that nowadays. I think their prices have skyrocketed. Here's the secret. Flour and Water.... Shhhh.... don't tell anyone.

Hey has anyone heard from Snick???? I hope he didn't lock himself in the Icarus and accidently hit the blast off button.

Hello All!
Sorry for the long delay. I have been in an out of the emergency room with mom plus on top of lossing my job, I have been bumbed!

First things first though! Ironman, I have been going through some old post and I am so sorry for the loss of your mother! My heart goes out to you my brother!

Angel, I love your new dioramas! And I am so jealous! :bow

Stickman: Keep the photos coming! I knew that your display was big, but I never realized the size of the thing until I saw the pic you posted of your brother working on it. I wish I had the talent that you and Angel has for making these things. Please you and Angel PM me or email me and let me know your secrets so I can learn from the masters on building my own Ape city.

Jess, I love the pics you posted on Holloween! No offense, but you are very beauitful! Your husband is a very lucky man! All of that beauty and to top it off, you are a Planet of the Apes lover also!!!! :woo

I also got the email for the new upcoming PF Apes. PZ, I know that this has been a wish of your for some time! But for me, I have to agree with Ironman. I was hoping for more in the 12inch figure line. Mostly due to there are so many more possibilities and also because of money. The PF's cost way more than the 12inch figures do that I may not be able to buy any of them.

Has anyone bought the new Apes Blu-ray release yet? I am curious to hear reviews since I don't have a Blu-ray player.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. I don't get time very often to check in but my thoughts and heart are always with you my friends. Please feel free to email me anytime just don't be offended if I don't answer that fast. I don't get very much time for anything else right now.

John

I picked up the Blu-Ray set yesterday. It's awesome!!! I got it at Best Buy for $100.00. Considering that the individuals sell for $40.00 each this a great buy.The book and the slip case are very sturdy. I only had time to pop in the 1st disc and it is a huge upgrade (picture/audio) from the previous DVD release. If you are an Ape fan you won't be disappointed.:banana

Hasslein, I'd love to see the motorcycle gorilla. I think if Burton's whole movie was done the way the film ended, and it being truer to Boulle's vision, it would have been much more well received.

Angel, I finished up Dr. Galen's apron. I just need to add snaps to it. I will try to work on the assistant's outfit tonight, or at least just start it.

Thank you Jessica! I'm in need of something new from you! :bow:bow:bow

Your outfits will inspire me to start making the new chimps.

Last edited:

Burke, Galen, and a few gorilla sculpts would inspire me to get back into it, too! :angelsmil

I actually started sorting out some of the pieces I think I'll need for a new idea. I don't want to jump back into it with something that someone else has already done or started (ie: wagons, Icarus, etc..) and I hope this new idea, or reimagining as it seems popular nowadays, works out well.

Hasslein, I echo Sticks and Ironman--Please post the photograph of the gorilla on a motorcycle. That would be awesome to see, even if it's from the Burton film. I am brave...I can take it in bits and pieces...

Burke, Galen, and a few gorilla sculpts would inspire me to get back into it, too! :angelsmil

I actually started sorting out some of the pieces I think I'll need for a new idea. I don't want to jump back into it with something that someone else has already done or started (ie: wagons, Icarus, etc..) and I hope this new idea, or reimagining as it seems popular nowadays, works out well.

Ironman, I can't wait to see what you come up with!! :banana

Ironman, I can't wait to see what you come up with!! :banana

Well, I hope it will be to everyone's liking. My biggest problem with most of my things is waiting for parts, heads, paintups, etc....to come back from folks. I have heads that I haven't seen in over three years. Its a friggin' nightmare.

Angel, after your outfits, I'm going to bang out all the outfits I owe Snick, which are a lot. I have them listed somewhere. :maul

I love all the stuff you come up with, Angel. So I can't wait to see your new chimps. That Caesar is looking mighty delicious!!

Well, I hope it will be to everyone's liking. My biggest problem with most of my things is waiting for parts, heads, paintups, etc....to come back from folks. I have heads that I haven't seen in over three years. Its a friggin' nightmare.

Wow! That's a very long time! But then again...life usually gets in the way of all the best made plans.

I'm kind of inspired to try to make more apes Mego scale...I need to try to sculpt Lucius because I have Enaud's Lion Rock that I traded...This will help me when it does come time to sculpt 1:6 scale. Practice practice practice!!

Angel the check is in the mail.... Sorry no personal letter included, I woke up just as the mailman was delivering the goods, so I wrote the check, stuffed it, and stamped it quickly. Away it goes... Thank your wife for me. Now I have to have another cup of coffee.

Wow! I just listed my Jungle Hut on ebay last night and allready I have 42 hits. I guess that since I put the lower discription as "Doubles as a Planet of the Apes Treehouse" that I am getting hits from two different Genre's. Now I need some actual bids!:banghead:mad:

I need a back yard so I can make a cornfield like this guy did for His Civil War Iron Brigade figure. Now kill this bananna!:gun:banana

Read what I stumbled upon last night about Tim Burton's crap:

Perhaps most interesting are his (Roddy McDowall's) comments about the possibility of a remake which would have been little more than a glimmer in Tim Burton's eye at the time of the interview (about the time Roddy hosted Behind). When asked about such a project, McDowall says, "I think a remake is the most ridiculous idea on the face of the Earth" and "There's no reason to do one just for the sake of doing one." Words of wisdom from Cornelius himself. Too bad Burton didn't get to hear them a bit sooner.

The article is found here: https://www.mania.com/behind-planet-apes-special-collectors-edition_article_28409.html

I really like how this guy paints! He made this comment on the following site about these Painted Frontline Blondie, Tuco & Angel Eyes with Hats from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

"For those interested in how I paint the sculpts. I first prime them with an airbrush with a water-based automotive primer. After the primer dries, I base coat the head with a flesh tone acrylic. The heads are then shaded with pastels and I paint the details, such as the eyes and lips with acrylics".

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73731

Back