Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone here suggested clear nail polish. Silicone or glue may be too cloudy...

Cool extra acting gig Hasslein. Yeah I hear Silicone is the best for that. They used that in Wallace & Gromit for the rain. Very Cool. Where can this be bought, and can you handle it, or do you need gloves?

I'm going to hit 3,000 posts before long... (99.999999% of all my posts are all on this Planet of the Apes thread) :woo

I may have another ape contest (of some sort) when I hit 3,000 for the faithful followers here... I'll have to think about that, as well as what I'd be willing to give away.

Wooo Hoo I hope I'm around for this one. The move to bring Ape City back starts tomorrow. :horror

Here's a photo of what I cut up for Dr. Galen's apron. There were a lot of white shirts at Goodwill, but I was particular about which one to use because although I wanted it to be thin and threadbare, I also didn't want to be able to see through it.

DrGalen162.jpg

It's the preacher's costume from Beneath. I can't wait to add the hieroglyphs on it and make it look official.

I wish I found purple wool, but the fabric is not wool. Some kind of manmade fabric. I think wool makes it look more expensive.

Sorry for the blurry photos. I didn't want to set up any extra lamps for lighting.

DrGalen167.jpg

DrGalen166.jpg

Another "woo-hoo" from me to you Jessica! Love the color you selected and the pattern you created. Don't worry about the glyphs, I'll make those myself. I just may have to start building that church scene! We could race Jess!

I would never win, Angel...How about I make it Mego scale and you make it 1:6 scale...I will never be able to fill it up with enough Sideshow gorillas...unless Sideshow decides to revive the ape line! If they do, I would probably buy two cartons.

here's what i came up with with my lighting exercise. I can't wait to do this to the Apes!
StickmansGiJoe.jpg

Back