Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool enaud! However, I'm thinking the spikes are at the wrong angle though... are they? My apoligizes if I'm wrong. :eek: Hey are you a guitarist or a bassist?:rock
You are right Angel,the angle of the spikes is off a little bit.They need to be angled a little more upward.I did realised that a little earlier in the building process.I should have corrected it then but I guess that I was too excited about how cool it was looking & coming together.There are a few things that have been brought to my attention to make it better....I plan to make a few of these so we'll just call this one a prototype.:naughty

& yes, I do play guitar....drums too.

Well I took a photo tonight. The set is still completely raw and there has been no restoration done to it since last photo.

IMG_7701.jpg

Give me a bubble caption gang!

Hey Sticks!!!!!

Those lighting experiments with the small scale figures really payed off!!!

Your lighting techniques, although great before, have improved by leaps and bounds.

That is a stunning shot.

Thank you so much!! Here are some follow up shots. I can't wait to start. I may just take stills for a while.

IMG_7725.jpg

IMG_7728.jpg

IMG_7726.jpg

IMG_7729.jpg

The last one is a little blurry huh? Hmmm I guess my eyes are going. :(

Sticks!! I really love the lighting of your first shot...and I love the blue hues of your successive shots. Really awesome. I am so glad you are back so now you can pump up Central City with your photography!!

Angel--I was going to drop off your envelope in the mailbox today but then I remembered that the post office is closed today, and I had forgotten to pack the sunglasses. I was just thinking since I have the outfit one more night, do you want me to make tiny scissors for the assistant with some Apoxie? I have silver spray-paint and it shouldn't take that long to make them...unless you want to do it.

Angel--I did a quick search. They do sell 1/6 scale paramedic scissors. I'm going to have to buy a pair!!

Ironman - did you do any work yet of your figures yet? I'm still wanting to applaud your work. :lol

Not yet. Most of my apes related work stuff is waiting for Burke head(s) and other simain sculpts/accessories. I am hoping to get back to my mutant robes soon and at least get them out of the way. I have not come up with a human "fleshtone" to my liking, yet, which is a large obstacle to starting/finishing my mass of human heads.

Angel, I really like how you are populating your Ape City with all of those sculpts of ape-pliances™...hope to accomplish the same thing too eventually. I'm starting with Megos, working my way up to 1:6 scale. Regarding those scissors--I will check out the charms section of Joann Fabrics and also Michaels. Probably cheaper than Evilbay, since I won't be paying for shipping/handling!!

Last edited:
I am still looking for a job and trying to survive. My unemployment ran out and I am told that I can ask for an extention. By the way, I am a Veteran of the USMC and thank Jess for her well wishes of all Veterans. Are there any other veteran here on this thread? I have three interviews this week! Wish me luck all!:D

Kfog – Thanks for the hair pulling adventures and fun that you’ve put me through in the past. I wish you all the luck with your new job and this great hobby.

Like I said, I need a long vacation.

Hi Mark (Angel) ! I really appreciate all of the great stuff that You had offered. I will always cherish the great sculpts that You have provided and that has made this Hobby all the more thrilling. You have really been the glue that has held this thread together with your talents. Thanks for your dedication to this great hobby, Kent.:angelsmil

Back