Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a long vacation from work. I have been here 8 years, five years too long!! BUT it does pay for fluff, so I can't complain. It's just that...I am so damned bored. I can't wait to take a class. I'll be sure to have my gorilla backpack ready before first day of class, which will be around January 15, 2009.

Kfog, good luck on your interviews! Three this week--that's swell in this economy. Hoping the best for you...and for Dr. Zaius.

Kfog, good luck on your interviews! Three this week--that's swell in this economy. Hoping the best for you...and for Dr. Zaius.

Yea, all desktop Computer Support! I was hoping to land another Quality Assurance/Software Engineer position which is also called a Software Tester that works with the Software Developers. I am one (CCNA) class and a certification test away from getting my Network Engineer Cert. also :monkey4

KFog - I stumbled upon that little 1/6 scale brain that came with that (Battle) Mutant figure you talked me into getting so long ago. Remember that little brain and the jar it came with? Dr. Zira or Dr. Galen can use that as a prop in one of your next photographs. :)

That is freakin funny! I can just picture that!:rotfl

Just got woken up by some guy in a brown suit who was knocking on my door, loudly. I didn't know who he was so I sent him away. Why was he carrying that large box I wonder? The nerve of some people.

Well Angel,I just want to thank you for all your tips, I've never entered the world of apoxie & paint, but you and Jess have inspired me to try... I hope the vacation isn't too long...

Thanks a million Angel, I love it. You are so awesome to include the wall section and the Armondo head. I will be taking pictures later tonight so make sure to check back tomorrow and see how much fun I'm having!

Jess - Two questions:

Did you get teh chance to tame C's jacket?

Are you finished with using this sample jacket and pants as a pattern? I plan on selling the Sinatra doll on eBay when I get these back from you.

:angelsmil

Whoops! I knew I was forgetting something.

Edited to say: C's jacket has been tamed into submission. The shirt you sent helped--at least the jacket wasn't slipping around his plastic body anymore...I sewed down the collar so everything should lay nice and flat...and I realized that one of the snaps had fallen off so I fixed that.

Your package will be complete now: C's jacket, the striped shirt, Sinatra jacket/pants, Dr. Galen's apron, assistant's lab coat, priest vestment, and the sunglasses.

Last edited:
Well Angel,I just want to thank you for all your tips, I've never entered the world of apoxie & paint, but you and Jess have inspired me to try... I hope the vacation isn't too long...

Hasslein, you just have to jump in there and try. Don't be shy at all. You have to start somewhere. I used to be too shy to try, but now this thread can't shut me up. :D

I have a ways to go. Here's some more test shots.
IMG_7744.jpg

IMG_7742.jpg

IMG_7753.jpg

IMG_7756.jpg

Whoops! I knew I was forgetting something.

Edited to say: C's jacket has been tamed into submission. The shirt you sent helped--at least the jacket wasn't slipping around his plastic body anymore...I sewed down the collar so everything should lay nice and flat...and I realized that one of the snaps had fallen off so I fixed that.

Your package will be complete now: C's jacket, the striped shirt, Sinatra jacket/pants, Dr. Galen's apron, assistant's lab coat, priest vestment, and the sunglasses.

Thanks so much Jessica! I'm looking forward an early Christmas! :santa:deer:deer:deer:deer:deer:deer:deer:deer

Are you still up for the trade we discussed long ago? If so, I'll have to buckle down and get you some screen captures and send you the figure I want to use. Please let me know. If you're too busy, just let me know and we'll delay it! :angelsmil

Last edited:
Thanks so much Jessica! I'm looking forward an early Christmas! :santa:deer:deer:deer:deer:deer:deer:deer:deer

Are you still up for the trade we discussed long ago? If so, I'll have buckle down and get you some screen captures and send you the figure I want to use. Please let me know. If you're too busy, just let me know and we'll delay it! :angelsmil

I'm up for a trade, definitely...but can we hold off until I finish Snick's projects I owe him? I'm also going to send Ironman a simple pattern so he can jumpstart his projects...

Jess.

It’s a sick day for me, no work. :sick

While I’m waiting for Regis and Kelly this morning, I just finished the red jockey gorilla clothing [from the TV series] and sanded down a Thunderbolt horse that is awaiting to be painted. I like to remove the plastic seams on the horse before painting it so they look less "toy like".

I was so tempted to call in sick today too...but I am here slogging away. What a fun project to do, Angel. I still have to do that with the two steeds I own.

I really should paint up my Dr. Galen, too, but I like to paint in normal light. Maybe I will paint this weekend.

I’ve been chugging away like a little train today. I've Been building up the mold for the Caesar Statue. I’ve been using real clay for the 3 hours straight. Time is zipping by for me! There’s something very satisfying in clay. I’ll get some picture of the process later tonight.

Back to work. Honestly, this doesn't feel like work 'cuz it's so much fun! :)

I’ve been chugging away like a little train today. I've Been building up the mold for the Caesar Statue. I’ve been using real clay for the 3 hours straight. Time is zipping by for me! There’s something very satisfying in clay. I’ll get some picture of the process later tonight.

Back to work. Honestly, this doesn't feel like work 'cuz it's so much fun! :)

Oh....I am so jealous....

Here's what I owe Snick:
Taylor rags
Zira underdress
Zaius undergarment
Armando jacket
Armando pantaloons
Cornelius Escape suit

I have a lot of sewing, but I know that the first three are easy. The last three not so much...

Holy crap! You'll be going back to school and carrying you new ape backpack before we get to trade! (It's okay.) Taylor rags should be really easy for you. Armando pantaloons should also very easy for you too I would guess. Those you can knock out pretty quick I'm sure. The Escape suit is going to take awhile, and so is the Armando Jacket. What is a Zira underdress & Zaius undergarment? :angelsmil

Zira underdress is a plain dark brown to replace Sideshow's light brown and sweater fabric. I will remove the A-line of her skirt, make it more slim so she doesn't look pregnant, as Hasslein pointed out...

The Sideshow Dr. Zaius brown undershirt is a tad too short...so I will redo the shirt and make it longer.

Sounds like a lot...but I plan to finish these things within two weeks. If I give myself a tight deadline, then I will bang them out and get them done.

The pantaloons should not be that difficult...I have the cute green ones you sent me a few months back. That will help a lot. So four of the six items I can probably accomplish in a day...

Back