InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming the base and horse are separate pieces that maybe key together? With a metal rod and slot? Like typical polystone statues? If so, I'm hopeful some enterprising base-makers around these parts might offer up some better options....
That is just what I am hoping. Much prefer rod and hole fix than the horse to be glued, which in itself might create issues. People have commented on the horse been glued to the base - is this speculation or fact?

There's lots of Youtube tutorials out there on how to make a convincing dirt road base. Boylei Hobby Time is a good one to watch for techniques.

And I'm sure Cocoboloby/Display Heroes will offer something as well.
Sure i also did some myself already. Will do it for sure :)

FWIW I ordered a Mantis through them and they just shipped it a couple days ago, which isn't that terribly long after I saw other sites release it.
After the shocking pricing on this and Legolas I was relieved to just say I'm only getting Legolas and move on. Almost looking for reasons not to order Nazgul, like the deluxe would certainly go on top of a detolf given the size. Likely a dust magnet up there. :lol

Certainly feels like a mistake for them to have released both for pre-order on the same day.

certainly go on top of a detolf given the size. Likely a dust magnet up there. :lol

I can confirm after years and years of my Nazgul on Steed atop my detolf that it is indeed a dust magnet. The cloth Nazgul and the velvet horse -- ugh!

That said, some dust settling in crevices and wrinkles actually adds to its filthy and ragged appearance.

I still can't decide what to do.

It's really the price of the Nazgul itself. Almost $400 is just do damn high. The steed is about $300 on top, which is roughly what I was expecting.
So if I get him, I should go for the deluxe as I wanted - I feel it wouldn't make sense to only get the single.

But $720 (OSK, with sword) is just so much. I realized I've never spent that much on a single release. I've customized and upgraded figures where the sum of the parts was more in the end, but it was never in a single payment like that.

But as you said @davejames, the Nazgûl on steed will have so much presence. I love the look, and it would be a real eye catcher on my display.

But do I love the look and character that much to spend this amount of money on?

Yeah, I'm getting nowhere no far. :lol

Ok after checking out some Wonder Festival videos, I'm starting to think I might need one of these after all. The size of the horse is looking a lot better from a distance, and it gives you a better idea of how much presence this would have next to other figures and in a display.

View attachment 730695

View attachment 730698

Anyone order from kit but received no confirmation email? My account shows the order along with Legolas (which did get an email). Just thought it was odd.

..for now.

I do have an ace in the hole... so the choice was simpler...

Wor-Gar Nazgul + Steed 2.jpg

I still can't decide what to do.

It's really the price of the Nazgul itself. Almost $400 is just do damn high. The steed is about $300 on top, which is roughly what I was expecting.
So if I get him, I should go for the deluxe as I wanted - I feel it wouldn't make sense to only get the single.

But $720 (OSK, with sword) is just so much. I realized I've never spent that much on a single release. I've customized and upgraded figures where the sum of the parts was more in the end, but it was never in a single payment like that.

But as you said @davejames, the Nazgûl on steed will have so much presence. I love the look, and it would be a real eye catcher on my display.

But do I love the look and character that much to spend this amount of money on?

Yeah, I'm getting nowhere no far. :lol
Yeah the price of the Nazgul himself doesn't seem worth it at all to me. So it's either get the deluxe or skip this altogether.

Popcultcha does seem like the cheapest option for me at $585 shipped... but that still seems like a lot for a black robed guy on a horse. Lol

Yeah the price of the Nazgul himself doesn't seem worth it at all to me. So it's either get the deluxe or skip this altogether.

Popcultcha does seem like the cheapest option for me at $585 shipped... but that still seems like a lot for a black robed guy on a horse. Lol

With your talent, I would think you could build your own Nazgul on steed quite nicely from the available parts around right now for half the price or less.

Interesting. I do wonder how the InArt would look alongside the Asmus.

I'm sure no contest, InArt would win in its details.

But then... do you really need another for $600+...? Tough call.
Yep.
I have the Nazgul and steed, I also have asmus' Witchking.
I have been a customer of asmus since the early days.. that's why I am so very disappointed and give them hard criticism when they start to be shady, and eventually stop purchasing their products. Fortunately, not long after that, InArt came to life.. and boy, what a joy.

And this InArt Nazgul n steed.. I agree with you, it will be no contest. InArt would definitely win.
Even though the bar is high. Asmus' steed is still one of their best products, IMHO. I love that steed.
It even works well with Knightmare Batman!
461849774_1035952811605146_5302214052175741221_n.jpg

To have them side by side would be interesting. Asmus' steed will be positioned a bit behind, of course, being all black and shadowy.
But the price, yes.. My only problem is that I choose Legolas, the Ghostbusters and the Samurai Predator, over Nazgul.

..for now.

And I imagine they would sculpt the steed with another pose for the eventual InArt Witchking.
..or maybe.. InArt Fellbeast?! (prepare to sell your kidney!)

Last edited:
Back