Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel remember how your hands felt like they froze into claws when you were working on the wagon? I'm all knitted out. I am so tired of this freaking baby blanket. I have grown it to about 24 inches since Saturday. I have 24 more inches to go and need to complete it by this coming Friday. At this rate I won't have time to bang out a baby outfit. My coworker's baby is not due until late May, so I have some time to make a baby outfit before then...

Sleep tight you simians. Gotta wake up early to take the kids to piano practice...and then hang out in San Francisco the rest of the day. I'll be sure to bring the blanket since I've got a LOT of knitting left.

This is so very beautiful...but I'm not rushed to get it because reading the fine print, they can recreate it again...so it's not the last time it will be up on Evilbay.

PLANETAPES.jpg
[/QUOTE]

PZ--I may have beat you to the punch. I type 70 words per minute without mistakes. Comes with the territory when you are a trained monkey.

I am still of the "hunt and peck" variety of typist. Sad, I know. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I really regret not jumping on that Amazon POTA Blu-Ray special. :banghead:banghead:banghead

I need a higher paying job. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am still of the "hunt and peck" variety of typist. Sad, I know. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I really regret on jumping on that Amazon POTA Blu-Ray special. :banghead:banghead:banghead

I need a higher paying job. :rolleyes:

See! I told you guys I was a terrible typist! I typed "on" instead of "not" in my last post! :rolleyes:

Error corrected. :D

Here is what has been consuming most of my free time. I started this blanket last Saturday, and I have been feverishly working on it for the past 9 days. Look how damned big it is. Incidentally, Dr. Zaius is topless because it's 85 degrees in the house. (Actually he's still topless since I haven't bothered to clothe him after I removed his Nehru jacket I made for Snickertown so many months ago).

gini022.jpg

Here's some more fun photos:
gini020.jpg

235....236....only a few more pushups to go....

gini017.jpg

No photos, Jess...I'm gonna kill you!!

...if any of you are familiar with resin garage kits I also sculpted both the Long Live The King and the Escapeonaughts for Model Prisoners here in Indy.

The sculpt for 'The King' is the best I've seen on a 1/6th kit.

As we all know Ape characters do not all look alike to us humans - something I think some producers fail to fully appreciate (When David Watson stood in for McDowall in 'Beneath' the producers were confident that no one would notice!)

On the sculpt for the "The King' you can somehow actually see Roddy McDowall beneath the simian features. I believe it's just been re-released and it comes highly recommended.

Dave

Funny you mention it but I used to sculpt apes replacement heads for Snickertown...if any of you are familiar with resin garage kits I also sculpted both the Long Live The King and the Escapeonaughts for Model Prisoners here in Indy. I need to get back in touch with Snickertown as he's wanting me to sculpt some of the human characters from the Apes T.V. run, I think. Talk to you all soon.

Great work! And welcome to my little section of the POTA universe. I don't suppose you ever considered selling the head sculpts from those kits seperately, for those of us non-modelbuilding ape fanatics? I've tried a few times over the years to get ahold of Jeff Yahger regarding his POTA models and seeing if he would be willing to do the same, but have hit dead ends each time.

Funny you mention it but I used to sculpt apes replacement heads for Snickertown...if any of you are familiar with resin garage kits I also sculpted both the Long Live The King and the Escapeonaughts for Model Prisoners here in Indy. I need to get back in touch with Snickertown as he's wanting me to sculpt some of the human characters from the Apes T.V. run, I think. Talk to you all soon.

If you have the time duralumin, post some pictures of your work. I'd love to see this work you've done.

:banana

Yesterday I went through two craft stores trying to find myself one more skein of yarn to finish up that gigantimous mongo blanket that is almost done. Someone has been after the yarn I have been using!! :maul

Today, I went to Micheal's near the slavemines where I toil all day...and I found the last skein of yarn in the color I want! :banana The only reason why nobody purchased it was because it didn't have a label. :banghead I saw it last week but thought I had enough so I left it there...:banghead

and it was waiting patiently for me today to pick it up. :banana I am sooooo glad. I was going to have to make it work if I could not find additional yarn, and I was going to take a pair of scissors and whack off bits of the beginning of the blanket to make the end match. Whew!!

Jessica - I just picked up a super duper deal!

Brand new Taylor & Nova (still in the box) shipped right to my door for a whopping $7.99. That's it! Total cost $7.99! These 2 humans will end up on the blood transfusion tables for sure!:cool:

Congratulations, you lucky monkey!!! :banana That is AWESOME!!! Someday I want to be able to nab a deal like that....

I'd love to see you make those operating tables and do that diorama in 1:6 scale.

Last edited:
I wanted to share some pictures of my recent trip to the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle.

copyofimg0605xx5.jpg
copyofimg0613ni8.jpg

A blast from the past! PZ, I just found out from Bri at Apemania that the only costume replication they provided for Cornelius on this display is the hieroglyph. Cornelius sports Wright King's (Dr. Galen: 1st Film) pants, Sal Mineo's (Dr. Milo: "Escape") brown undershirt, a generic tunic, and generic shoes. Pretty cool, huh?

A blast from the past! PZ, I just found out from Bri at Apemania that the only costume replication they provided for Cornelius on this display is the hieroglyph. Cornelius sports Wright King's (Dr. Galen: 1st Film) pants, Sal Mineo's (Dr. Milo: "Escape") brown undershirt, a generic tunic, and generic shoes. Pretty cool, huh?

That is VERY cool info, Jess. It's amazing that all the costumes pieces can be tracked back to particular actors.

I hear that original chest gyphs are VERY hard to come by... so it doesn't surprise me that the chest glyph is a repro. On the other hand, originial sleeve glyphs are, though rare, much easier to obtain than the chest glyphs... heck, I have a pair. I wonder why there is such a discrepancy between the two glyph types? :confused:

And I'm looking to re-visit the exhibit again this summer. The museum will also be hosting a traveling Jim Henson exhibit starting next month. I cannot miss that... I'm a HUGE Muppet fan. :banana:banana:banana

Jessica - Did you ever make the mutant robe with the large turtleneck for Billy's six-foot mannequin?

What's up with that new wig of yours? Is it still going to be done in time for your next WonderCon?

Currently, I'm painting up another Caesar statue. I promised the customer that it would be mailed by this Saturday so I'm painting that, and some other ape projects.

Talk to you later, time to watch some NHL playoff games. :)

...if any of you are familiar with resin garage kits I also sculpted both the Long Live The King and the Escapeonaughts for Model Prisoners here in Indy.

The sculpt for 'The King' is the best I've seen on a 1/6th kit.

As we all know Ape characters do not all look alike to us humans - something I think some producers fail to fully appreciate (When David Watson stood in for McDowall in 'Beneath' the producers were confident that no one would notice!)

On the sculpt for the "The King' you can somehow actually see Roddy McDowall beneath the simian features. I believe it's just been re-released and it comes highly recommended.

Dave
That remark absolutely makes all of the hard work that went into the Ceasar piece worth it. The proprietor of Model Prisoners and I went into the "King" project in hopes of making what we'd always wanted in model kit form, and up until that time, had not been delivered: an "Apes" movie accurate prosthetic likeness...especially in regards to Roddy. Hard to believe that kit was initially released ten years ago! Ironman: I'd love to sell individual head sculpts from those kits, but Russ at Model Pris. holds the rights and it would be his call. He's a great dude and I know he would at the very least entertain inquiries. I'll get some pics up of those pieces as soon as I can. BTW...I'm a sneaky mother...I just found out from my wife's sister that she's just ordered a slew of Sideshow 1/6 apes for me for my birthday. I'm very fortunate my wife allows me to indulge in this sweet sickness!

Back