Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some fun POTA images can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/698673@N21/

Funny enough, PZ, I DO know Steve, the admin for that group. :rolleyes:

It is a sad thing, but we apes are a dying breed. The simians who frequent the ape circles are the same simians the world over. In fact, I would be surprised if they have at this point not heard of me yet. I travel all the ape circles and am pretty vocal and active and tenacious little chimp.

Last edited:
Found some red hot monkey love going on here.

:monkey4 :naughty :lol

I'll be surprised if Steve adds this to his Planet of the Apes pool.

1396214591_8732cbcb9b.jpg

Last edited:
According to this weeks newsletter, all three Hot Toys Apes are sold out. Interesting.

That was kind of sudden. Which begs the question: how the sales of these figures really doing? Overall, are they considered a success by Hot Toys? :confused:

I had to cancel my Sideshow order of these Apes and re-ordered them through Alter Ego. The savings was too big to ignore.

Hi Proto! Can You do me a favor and send that link to me! I would like to save some money also and not have to use Sideshow Toy. As it is now, I will have to cancel them:cool:. Thanks, Kent.

Hi Proto! Can You do me a favor and send that link to me! I would like to save some money also and not have to use Sideshow Toy. As it is now, I will have to cancel them:cool:. Thanks, Kent.

Here's the link to the Alter Ego POTA ordering page:

https://www.alteregocomics.com/store/catalog/Planet_of_the_Apes-p-1-c-200.html

I have ordered from them before and have nothing but high praise for them. You can also request to have all of the figures sent to you at one time to save on shipping.

Hope this helps you score some apes!

seems like forever ago the Hot Toys line was announced... i can't wait to see who will be announced next.

Great deal ! Too bad the seller doesn't ship to Europe...

Are Cornelius and Soldier Ape the only characters of this "new" line ?

Here's the link to the Alter Ego POTA ordering page:

https://www.alteregocomics.com/store/catalog/Planet_of_the_Apes-p-1-c-200.html

I have ordered from them before and have nothing but high praise for them. You can also request to have all of the figures sent to you at one time to save on shipping.

Hope this helps you score some apes!

Hi Proto! I need to find out where they are located. I have Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety in Mesa and Phoenix Arizona here with me.

PZ are you very far from Portland? I need someone in Oregon to investigate a 1:1 scale General Ursus in all his glory.

Great deal ! Too bad the seller doesn't ship to Europe...

Are Cornelius and Soldier Ape the only characters of this "new" line ?

They also made Dr. Zaius and Zira as well. As to whether they make anymore, it is anyones guess. When I go to SDCC this year, I'll ask around and see what I find out.

PZ are you very far from Portland? I need someone in Oregon to investigate a 1:1 scale General Ursus in all his glory.

It's within spitting distance. :D

My house is right on the city line between Portland and Tigard. What this about an Ursus? It is located at some theater?

It's within spitting distance. :D

My house is right on the city line between Portland and Tigard. What this about an Ursus? It is located at some theater?

Yes. Bri at Apemania is trying to get me the exact details of his current location, and I don't have it yet. I was wondering if you could swing by and gorilla photograph the General Ursus and post his photos...when you can find some spare time. Bri said that it is a theater/museum in the Portland Oregon area.

Yes. Bri at Apemania is trying to get me the exact details of his current location, and I don't have it yet. I was wondering if you could swing by and gorilla photograph the General Ursus and post his photos...when you can find some spare time. Bri said that it is a theater/museum in the Portland Oregon area.

Once you have the specs, I'll see what I can do. I'm curious myself. :naughty

Hi Angel! Yes, need to resurrect my 1:6 apes...was looking at my updated Zira last night, just admiring her. She's so beautiful.

I was also looking at Ironman's Burke...just studying that.

Yesterday was a LONG HARD DAY at the slavemines...only to rush to daycare, rush to McDonald's to get some JUNK FOOD, and then rush to piano lessons...I didn't get home until 8:45PM. Piano teacher wants to teach during the weekdays in the summertime. Wednesdays are going to SUCK for me. Lessons start at 6:30 PM, but he was running late and we didn't start until 7PM. Got a lot of knitting done, though.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Angel. Painting really does take a very long time. It's peaceful though, and I love it.

Regarding Snickertown...I was working on his Taylor blanket a few nights ago. The fabric I got is perfect in color, but it's too thick to work with the scale. Tomorrow I have a dental appointment, so I am going to check out the used fabric store to see if I can find that right shade of brown in a thinner fabric, so I can make his blanket. I was also lamenting the loss of my tiny Gingher shears....FOUND them last night. They had been traversing in my handbag this whole time!! YAY. Now when I find the right fabric, getting the blanket done will be much easier. Definitely no photos of this blanket because it SUCKS EGGS!!

It's the end of the day at the slavemines. YAY! Angel, I am wondering how your painting turned out...do you do several heads at one time or do you just concentrate on one? I notice that I am starting to concentrate on just one head before I go to another. I use a blowdryer to speed the paint drying process. I'm sure that's not the way it's supposed to be done, but that's how I have been doing it.

Back