Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I am still holding onto your Burke...I'll clean him up and send him to you when I come back from the Forbidden Zone, IM.
Not worried jess. Relax and enjoy your trip. Hopefully it won't be 3085 when you land. :lol:
Kfog I think your Virdon looks pretty good, better than who I snagged up. I think he just needs a rehair and a good paint job. I prefer Ironman's Burke to the one you found.
The base figure for Burke is what I was trying to show him. Its a Dragon Erich from the WWII machine gun team.
IM--those Apejoe figures...did they really cost THAT much?
Ummm, can I take the 5th on that one? :rolleyes:

Kfog I think your Virdon looks pretty good, better than who I snagged up. I think he just needs a rehair and a good paint job. I prefer Ironman's Burke to the one you found.

Actually, the features on Virdon are really close and the eyes are dead on! I have been doing some research on the TV Series shows and have been looking closely at the facial features. I believe that the Burke is really close. Once they are haired up, I will put their pictures back on and let everyone make their comments again. Thanks to all for being honest and straight up!

I also need to get some pictures of the Apes in Jumpsuits that I promised Angel. I am staying in cramped quarters at the moment and am unable to spread my collectibles out without interfering with other peoples things in the household. I will be so glad to get back into my own place soon. :monkey4

Good luck to you, Kfog, regarding your own space.l I forgot to say that Angel is also using the same Dragon guy for his Burke.

:horror
Good luck to you, Kfog, regarding your own space.l I forgot to say that Angel is also using the same Dragon guy for his Burke.

I think that He makes a good looking Burke also and I may even have Him, but I would like to try this newer one. I also have my eye on another potential Dodge!:horror

HEY!!
In honor of the POTA films being on this past weekend, the SDCC coming up (which I have to miss again) and the :banghead conspiracy offer how about, just for fun, everyone post a pic of the favorite simian in your collection?

O.K. Here's one of mine. :monkey5

IMG_3111.jpg

Thanks Jess, I found the Conspiracy! Unfortunately I don't have the funds at this time. Those HT Apes have me strapped for a bit.

I'm bushed and need to head to bed soon.

Night All

Kfog, I look forward to seeing your versions with the proper POTA hair. I've stared at the pix but I can't see Pete or Alan in there. I wish that Dr. Shrinker/Enlarger would have gotten back to me when I contacted him. I would have enlarged the Mego versions, amongst others.
Want to get to those robes today but there's painting to do (house, not figures) so that may take my time away from that. I'll be in and out of here while its drying.
TTYL

Holy crapadoodle, you guys!!! I just got an e-mail about an item from Hong Kong being shipped which should be in my damned dirty paws soon. I thought WTH? I didn't order anything...and then it dawned on me it must be my apes!!!! :banana :banana :banana

6760_102346186777_657566777_2176092_2838119_n.jpg

Bow down to the Lawgiver!! Scott at the MegoMuseum did a bangup job on this one. I have asked him for a price quote, and how large it could be printed, because I think it would look wonderful matted and framed.

Holy crapadoodle, you guys!!! I just got an e-mail about an item from Hong Kong being shipped which should be in my damned dirty paws soon. I thought WTH? I didn't order anything...and then it dawned on me it must be my apes!!!! :banana :banana :banana

Hello Jess! Which site did you use for the Hot Toys Apes? Thankeeeeww!:cool:

Saw some SDCC HT apes pix: very nice. One does look a bit over haired and nothing new shown yet. :(

Do you have a link ?

Concerning the hair of the top, me and others will need advice from the great customers here to fix them well.

Here's a very old photo that I forgot about. Sorry it's not any of the Hot Toy apes, but these Sideshow gorillas still hold a very special place in my heart.

Julius032.jpg

Who else thinks that Sideshow will only release that one 1/4 scale figure?

Back