Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sanded the new backpacks down and I also drilled them to accommodate the straps. I'm now in the process of painting them. It's about time to start making some straps. I hope to have these on the troops by tonight! Invade! Invade! Invade!

Did you guys see the photos posted of Jeff B. and his friend Lacey as Zira from SDCC? Someone asked Lacey (in Zira costume) if she was Jess. Isn't that funny?

Besides KFOG has anyone else ordered the HT Apes?

PZ our PF DR.Z exclusives ship soon. :woo
I think it's safe to say that he will be the one and only POTA PF figure SS creates :monkey2

But we all already know that they never did handle this license properly from the beginning. For those that were unable to see my new video for SS you can see it on my FB page. I'd love to hear what you think of it. It isn't ape related but everything was handmade except the figures. Another one to add to my portfolio.

I hope everyone has had a chance to enjoy this weekend, it sure was hot.

What's wrong with this site? Things are getting really sloppy and timing out, duplicating, and crashing. Well - I'm not sure if things ever went through, I hope everyone is well and had a great time this weekend. Take care.

Sorry, for the double post. I'll delete it when it will let me. I can't see anything past Jessica's last post, and can only see new posts by clicking 'Reply'. Looks like things are back to normal.

I haven't taken the Captain out of the box yet. When the hell are they finally going to discard the twistie ties from the packaging?

The face is excellent. Superb, and the hair is good except the material line is really obvious where face meets hair. Some may not like the hair, but I find it adds so much realism to the finished product. It's great to have it drape down over the back front and shoulders and not restict head movement what so ever. The hair sits fairly flat straight out of the box. If you think it's too boofy then I don't think plastering it with some kind of product is even going to help. What you see in the photo's is accurate to what you get.

Hot Toys is still using that cheap velcroe to fasten the tunic, holster cover, which is so small it's practically useless and it's not going to last long before it doesn't work at all. It's on his back pack, but only on the top, they've used a press stud on the strap. The individual pouches are held onto the belt by the loops over them, which are sewn into place on the belt, and they have velcroe holding their flaps down too. The belt, no buckle, just velcroe.

The tunic is plastic, and lined with material that is also, plastic. :lol Probably a nylon material, or possibly polyester. Who knows?

The loop on the man catcher could have been bigger. It's only big enough to go over four fingers of a 1/6 hand. It's much bigger on the site pics. Maybe they used the soldiers mancatcher for the pics. The rifle magazine is removeable and the reloader is spring loaded.

Do I need to take pics? It looks just like the ones you've seen already.

Overall a great figure to add to your PotA collection.

What is it with PotA that manufacturers have to crank so many of them out at one time, and why is it that these are sold so, relatively, cheaply, when comparing them with other licences?

Hi Creecher! Can I get the site of where you bought your Hot Toys Apes from? I would appreciate it! Thanks, Kent.:monkey1

Wow...how exciting! The gorillas are on the march!!!!!

Mine better get here tomorrow or Tuesday...or else I won't be able to play with them.

I was traversing the Hasslein Curve earlier today. Kind of frustrating, but it made me get off the computer and start preparations for my long journey. I have tried to pack light. So far, one suitcase completely done. It's hot pink (nobody better mess with it!) and it only weighs 50 pounds.

I have four more suitcases to pack. We may end up lugging six suitcases...not sure. The 50 pound weight limit is such a restriction.

Hi Creecher! Can I get the site of where you bought your Hot Toys Apes from? I would appreciate it! Thanks, Kent.:monkey1
I got mine from ABC in Hong Kong.

That should mean you'll be getting yours soon Jessica. I hope you do get it in tomorrow or Tuesday, but I'm in Australia so I'm much closer. ABC sent me a tracking number, which only told me that an item had been sent, not any info on where it was or that it had been received by the delivery centre. It only took 5 days to get here, which is quick really. Even now the tracking hasn't been updated to show it as being delivered.

I'm excited for all of you who are getting these HT gorillas! I'm just an old fuddy duddy who would prefer to get something unique. (i.e maybe some more custom sculpts by Jessica?) My money is too tight for HT. However, I know I'd like to get a gorilla head from Jessica in time. That would be cool. I forget, did you sculpt 1 or 2 gorillas?

I'm going to finish up my pack packs. I ran out of hot glue sticks last night and couldn't finish. But I will this morning! :cool:

I'll post pictures of my gorilla hoard wearing them soon. :joy

BTW - If anyone is up for any trades please let me know.

Some things I could trade right now:

Custom Gorilla back packs (painted or unpainted)
Sideshow Astronaut back packs
Caesar statue (painted or unpainted)
Custom Gorilla heads (like Marcus - see pictures of his head that I posted with the last few days. Post# 13440) (painted or unpainted)

Things I'm after:

SS Cornelius with clothes and monkey feet
SS Ceasar with clothes and monkey feet
SS Zira/Boots only
SS Cornelius/monkey feet only

Big trades or little trades. Ask. Never hurts to ask. :)

Last edited:
Sticks, I viewed your video. Great job! As always. Still think you should have snuck an ape or two in the background, but very good nonetheless. LOL. Love the cannon blast!

edit: I just watched the other videos. Admittedly I didn't read up on the video rules but wouldn't actually having figures play a prominent part be important to collecting?

Last edited:
Just finished dyeing some orangutan pants green this morning for Dr. Galen. I also learned that I shorted myself with straps for the gorilla backpacks. Had to create a few more this morning. Hope to post some pix soon.

Angel--I think I have 4 or 5 gorillas now. 2 are not done. But I am sure there will be more to come just because there needs to be more.

Sticks, I viewed your video. Great job! As always. Still think you should have snuck an ape or two in the background, but very good nonetheless. LOL. Love the cannon blast!

edit: I just watched the other videos. Admittedly I didn't read up on the video rules but wouldn't actually having figures play a prominent part be important to collecting?

Thanks IM!

Yeah, but I have a serious side to collecting, and that is what I went for. I think it rocks and am glad you enjoyed it. With my new project for the GI JOE Film festival I get to be more flexible with the story, I'm having a lot of fun with this one, as I get to clash many universes together. Would you mind leaving a little comment for the clip? I'd really appreciate it.

Angel and anyone else interested, I have a few Cornelius, Zira, and Dr. Z figures for trade/sell. I'm mainly looking for any SS or Dragon DML, even DiD figures that are bearded. My collection is steering towards the American Civl War era. If no one is interested I will be putting some figures on Ebay in lots of 3. If I can't sell/ trade these I'll have to cancel my HT apes as I just can't justify spending over $600 for 5 figures. :horror

especially in these tough times. Luckily there was nothing new that SS announced this year that I'd be interested in, and their prices are just getting out of control. I haven't been happy with their Promethues bodies or the new cartoonish headsculpts. Indiana Jones - Toht was a complete disaster IMO so I'm cutting back on their current 1:6 figures.

Last edited:
Back