Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have two more working days in the slavemines before I trudge out into the Forbidden Zone. The Hot Toys gorillas may not arrive in time before my departure. I was hoping to be able to welcome them with open arms from the long journey they have undertaken.

HEY!!
In honor of the POTA films being on this past weekend, the SDCC coming up (which I have to miss again) and the :banghead conspiracy offer how about, just for fun, everyone post a pic of the favorite simian in your collection?
Right now this one is still my fave. That may change once the HT's hit though.

mycustom-Urko07.jpg

Ironman - I can't pick just one favorite simian.

However, Frank & Zira are my faves!

Frank.jpg

Zira.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my favorite simian, and she's not complete yet. Someday, I suppose. I'm going to reconstruct her entire outfit when I find the time. She is going to be as movie accurate as I can make her.

IMG_5787.jpg

Did you guys ever seen Snicks Sideshow Zira? She all haired up and looks like the real Zira. I know you've seen his haired up Cornelius. He's posted pix of him here in the past. Cornelius is also another thing of 1/6 beauty!

I have peeked at Snick's Zira. She's quite a beauty!! Hopefully he'll post her photo for everyone to see.

Hi Jess! That French toast looks great and I am a bacon lover! I love Chicago and am a Cubs fan since I can remember. I grew up in Illinois and have visited Wrigley field a couple times. I also won a trip to the Institute/Technology building back in 1976. I flew back to central Illinois back in early August of 2000 and you should have seen the beautifull green fields with rows and rows of corn and soybeans. I remember detassling corn when I was a kid at 12 years old. I could just imagine the Apes cornering the humans in the corn. Pretty cool Jess! Later, Kent.:peace

That's pretty exact in my eyes! What'cha gonna make with that?

BTW - My daughter just picked out a new little calico kitten yesterday. She's calling it Milo. Not after the apes movie, but after the movie Otis & Milo. I'm happy with that name for obvious reasons. :)

Angel, that's exciting about Milo!!! How very sweet. We went to visit my friend's baby rabbits. He wants us to adopt one, but I don't think I would be able to take care of it. They felt so wonderful, just like my fur collars.

I'm going to make Zira's Escape outfit for me to wear, to a con someday. Not sure if it will be ready for Wondercon 2010. Kinda wanted to wear the green jacket since I will be with my boys dressed up as gorillas. Plus I've got sooo many projects I owe everyone that I have to finish those before I start my Escape costume.

Here's my list:
7 mego repaints
Snick's Armando outfit and Cornelius Escape suit
Kfog's Taylor blanket
Angel's costume when he sends me the fabric

I hope I'm not forgetting anyone.

Last edited:
Jess- You're going to make the Escape clothes for you!? That's soooo awesome! I wasn't even thinking about that when you showed us the new blouse material.

It turns out that I just located a big ziplock bag full of recycled silicone "chunks". In that ziplock was the undestroyed silicone mold for the ape backpacks! I really thought I destroyed it. Whew! Now I'm just going to have to make a couple more gorilla backpacks for a few more apes.

I'm off to take care of that. :)

Jess- You're going to make the Escape clothes for you!? That's soooo awesome! I wasn't even thinking about that when you showed us the new blouse material.

It turns out that I just located a big ziplock bag full of recycled silicone "chunks". In that ziplock was the undestroyed silicone mold for the ape backpacks! I really thought I destroyed it. Whew! Now I'm just going to have to make a couple more gorilla backpacks for a few more apes.

I'm off to take care of that. :)

Now, that IS good news!!

Back