SDCC 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they will check ID's randomly...
Just like they did last year checking the badges with UV lights...
They didn't do it with everybody though... it would be impossible to do!

Yes, I thought I'd read that it would just be random spot checks on ID. And I thought I saw that if they catch someone they'll ban whoever gave them the ID too - if not for this year, then future years.

I need to talk to bodie the cursed. If anyone has his phone number...call him and tell him to message me here. I may have a ticket for him.

Jeez some lady gets killed over camping in line for a stupid twilight panel. These people don't know what they're doing and shouldn't be allowed to behave like this. Put this twilight crap someplace offsite and away from everything else where they can't get hurt. And lock away that eye stabbing jerk too.

Yes, I thought I'd read that it would just be random spot checks on ID. And I thought I saw that if they catch someone they'll ban whoever gave them the ID too - if not for this year, then future years.

They really are overprotective of their tickets, aren't they?

The panel being related to Twilight had nothing to do with the fact that she crossed the street when the signal was red. Doesn't matter if it was for Pacific Rim or The Hobbit or, hell, even the next Blade Runner movie. You don't risk your life for a freaking panel at Comic-Con. Despite our obsessive nature over pop culture, most geeks thankfully have a little thing called presence of mind. Some just lack logic to the point where it's almost akin to disorder or sickness. I feel bad that she died, but the story is disturbing.

The panel being related to Twilight had nothing to do with the fact that she crossed the street when the signal was red. Doesn't matter if it was for Pacific Rim or The Hobbit or, hell, even the next Blade Runner movie. You don't risk your life for a freaking panel at Comic-Con. Despite our obsessive nature over pop culture, most geeks thankfully have a little thing called presence of mind. Some just lack logic to the point where it's almost akin to disorder or sickness. I feel bad that she died, but the story is disturbing.

Only the twilight people are neurotic beyond belief. Experienced people can deal with losing 150 places in line, it's not a big deal. People like her have no comprehension about these things. She freaked out because she didn't know how to behave in the situation and it cost her.

Also, 50+ years old is too old to be camping out for a frigging twilight panel. I'm sorry to have to say it, but it's the truth and everyone knows it.

Also, 50+ years old is too old to be camping out for a frigging twilight panel. I'm sorry to have to say it, but it's the truth and everyone knows it.

Most would argue 20 or 30+ is too old to be collecting toys. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I would've been critical no matter what the panel was for.

Aaaaaaand only one day to go! :panic::panic::panic:

all about timing... Sidel someone going in as a shield and pretend youre on the phone..

thanks to darth cruel i don't need to worry about this anymore.. hope they catch some of you riff raff...

Most would argue 20 or 30+ is too old to be collecting toys. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I would've been critical no matter what the panel was for.

Well, it probably is, and if you're over 50, you should probably learn how to contain your enthusiasm to a degree that you don't run in front of oncoming traffic for the newest batman exclusive. If that happened, I'd be critical of them too. But it didn't, it happened to an old lady camping out in high heat for a twilight panel. The fact can't be ignored.

I don't understand why they should care. The ID is paid for.

Not if it's a fake. The lights only show if it's got the proper watermarking. I've had mine scanned but they never asked to see my id or anything, just to make sure it was a legit pass.

Back