Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie it’s actually so much more than what was in those horrible trailers which is actually a good thing when you think about it.

In a way the Mandarin in this movie is almost like Frank Castle whereas he’s super happy with his family and then the mob (literally) comes knocking at his front door to **** **** up.

Just like Castle he was a warrior before getting married and having kids.

He takes it one step further and tries to make his son into the Punisher himself and
he actually succeeded which you learn with the big reveal that Shang went ahead and completed the revenge murder that his father requested of him!
IMO the trailers don't do much. Just looks like another martial arts movie. (I skipped the spoiler tho even tho I sort of know what happens LOL. But it's the details that count)

Well see, I just look past that stuff for the good. Like Wanda and Quicksilver, first appearance of Ultron, the interaction between Tony and Cap, Vision, the creepy Widow scene, Hulkbuster.

It's not my favorite MCU film but it doesn't suck IMO.
There is no convincing JAWS he is suffering from post DUCKY PTSD.

Not when you feel the film is in the bottom five of the MCU.

So much potential wasted… ugh!

I mean AOU was basically the blue print for JW’s Justice League:)
:lol
I get it, you don't like the movie but come on - there's no way ANY movie was the blueprint for taking Synder's 4 hour behemoth and frantically trying to whittle it down/transform it into something that could be digested in half the time. That was a colossal mistake, but one without precedent.

Does it have several cringeworthy moments? Most definitely. But I find it easy to look past those because in terms of character introductions (SW, Vision, Barton's family), fan service (Hulk vs. Hulkbuster) and laying the groundwork for much of what was to come it was both successful & essential.

:lol
I get it, you don't like the movie but come on - there's no way ANY movie was the blueprint for taking Synder's 4 hour behemoth and frantically trying to whittle it down/transform it into something that could be digested in half the time. That was a colossal mistake, but one without precedent.

Does it have several cringeworthy moments? Most definitely. But I find it easy to look past those because in terms of character introductions (SW, Vision, Barton's family), fan service (Hulk vs. Hulkbuster) and laying the groundwork for much of what was to come it was both successful & essential.
IW/EG have put AOU in a better light the movie has certainly benefited from what came later.

I find it to be a very solid offering and while it does not feel a part of the MCU, I don’t think that’s a bad thing. If the Hulk CG was Avengers level it would possibly be my 2nd fav.

Norton is the better Banner accept for MR’s portrayal in Avengers.

There are many moments ripped out of the comics in this one also. Underrated for sure but I am never sure if it’s my Hulk bias or if the film is really that good lol
Tih to me is better than the hulk we have now. That hulk and avengers hulk don’t feel the same at all. 08 hulk was brutal and smart while 2012 hulk is just a stupid simple minded gorilla who runs from enemies.

give me that representation of hulk.
Also it doesn’t feel canon to the mcu at all. Stark comes in and says he’s putting a team together then the next film he’s basically forgotten and dying. Doesn’t make sense .

God I am so tired of people asking Simu Liu what’s it like for Asian kids to finally have their first Asian superhero to look up too holy crap enough with the superhero title there’s been so many Asian action stars that this is just utterly ridiculous now.

Remove the stupid rings and he’s every other Asian in a martial arts movie grrrr.

His SF Giants first pitch back flip was cool though lol

God I am so tired of people asking Simu Liu what’s it like for Asian kids to finally have their first Asian superhero to look up too holy crap enough with the superhero title there’s been so many Asian action stars that this is just utterly ridiculous now.

Remove the stupid rings and he’s every other Asian in a martial arts movie grrrr.

The fact that they think this movie represents all Asians is very shallow considering how many countries and ethnicities there are in Asia. The only 'Asians' that might feel represented by this are those who are ethnically Chinese, as I'm sure Indians, Thai, Indonesians, Japanese, Filipinos etc don't feel remotely connected to this movie nor represented. Don't get me wrong, it's great this movie was made, but 'Asian' representation it is not.

It is very annoying. Like when black panther came out and people kept saying they finally have someone on screen that looks like them. It just shows most of these Twitter people or celebrities wanna use fluffy words to get good points from minorities. It’s actually insulting

He turned JL into AOU. Even used some of the same jokes. Just awful.

Hulk vs Hulkbuster and Cap vs Ultron on Truck is about the only thing I find entertaining in the film.

He turned JL into AOU. Even used some of the same jokes. Just awful.

Hulk vs Hulkbuster and Cap vs Ultron on Truck is about the only thing I find entertaining in the film.
Actually, WB hoped he could turn JL into AoU, but given that he wasn't allowed to scrap it completely and start over he failed and they got what they deserved lol.

Agree to disagree on AoU. It has its faults, but IMO it's a better written movie than CW. Zemo's plan to get a few minutes alone with Bucky in Berlin was nonsensical and laughably convoluted, and the "war" at the airport was completely devoid of any suspense, knowing that none of them were in any real danger. And no I'm not forgetting Rhodey, whose injuries had no lasting impact going forward. Compare that to how Pietro's death (combined with Vision's in IW) is still fueling Wanda's story today.

Actually, WB hoped he could turn JL into AoU, but given that he wasn't allowed to scrap it completely and start over he failed and they got what they deserved lol.

Agree to disagree on AoU. It has its faults, but IMO it's a better written movie than CW. Zemo's plan to get a few minutes alone with Bucky in Berlin was nonsensical and laughably convoluted, and the "war" at the airport was completely devoid of any suspense, knowing that none of them were in any real danger. And no I'm not forgetting Rhodey, whose injuries had no lasting impact going forward. Compare that to how Pietro's death (combined with Vision's in IW) is still fueling Wanda's story today.
I disagree as well. Zemo played them all along to make them think there was a big threat but just wanted Bucky, Cap and IM in the same room to drop the truth on Stark. Create a division where there is no going back. That ultimately lead to their split and that's how Thanos won.

Ultron just wanted the ultimate body of Vision and to save humans is by killing them. First one was fine, save humans by killing them has been played out. The CGI wasn't great either. QS was killed cause I know there was a backroom deal to let Fox have QS and Marvel SW. Ultron being the jokester was just a bad angle to play. Everyone was in my theater was bored to death with the Hawkeye farm.

I agree with you but Zemo did split them which eventually lead to their downfall down the road.

Hence why I say that CW AND AOU are both pivotal and quality entertainment.

ZSJL is its own thing lol

QS was killed cause I know there was a backroom deal to let Fox have QS and Marvel SW. Ultron being the jokester was just a bad angle to play.
Actually, I don't believe that is accurate at all. I believe the story was Feige/Marvel wanted Whedon to make some changes and add some stuff to his script/story that he was unhappy with and the only way he'd agree to them was if they let him kill off Quicksilver. Whedon is known for killing off characters and his "no one is safe philosophy".

So, Whedon is the reason Quicksilver died. The crap Fox Xverse had nothing to do with it.

Actually, I don't believe that is accurate at all. I believe the story was Feige/Marvel wanted Whedon to make some changes and add some stuff to his script/story that he was unhappy with and the only way he'd agree to them was if they let him kill off Quicksilver. Whedon is known for killing off characters and his "no one is safe philosophy".

So, Whedon is the reason Quicksilver died. The crap Fox Xverse had nothing to do with it.
I heard they filmed QS living and the tussel was over teasing the Infinity Stones and Joss would only do it if they kept in his farm stuff, which the producers wanted cut. The tussel clearly lead to his dismissal.

The QS theory for me just makes sense looking at the timing both were using QS and SW and both just happened to use the other one going forward.

I disagree as well. Zemo played them all along to make them think there was a big threat but just wanted Bucky, Cap and IM in the same room to drop the truth on Stark. Create a division where there is no going back. That ultimately lead to their split and that's how Thanos won.
I agree with you but Zemo did split them which eventually lead to their downfall down the road.
Yes, he divided them but, as much as I enjoy the film, some of the plot details don't hold up under scrutiny. For instance, it never made sense to me why/how Zemo came to be so certain that Bucky had murdered Tony's parents. We're to assume that he combed through the Hydra files that BW dumped onto the web in CA:TWS and made the connection, but even if one accepts that premise how did he locate the video evidence of the deed? Was that in the Hydra files on the web too? If so surely someone else would have also found it and broke the story for all the world to see. If it wasn't & Bucky brought it back with him it seems unlikely that Hydra would leave it at the missile silo in Russia. IDK, to me eliminating any evidence of the assassination seemed more in line with what would have been Bucky's mission parameters, not bringing it back with him. And even if he did, there's the whole wiping of his mind and being a popsicle between missions that makes Bucky's memories unreliable intel lol...

Don't get me wrong, I still love CW. It's just that we can nitpick any/all of these films if that's the goal.

Last edited:

Superhero’s fighting each other will always be better than Superhero’s fighting worthless robot drones. :lol

Looking at your name I see why you are defending AOU so much ;)

IMO CW is just a better written and directed film. It meant something to me to see hero’s at odds and that final fight between Buck Cap and IM was better than anything in AOU to me.

Plus CW had a way better film score. :)

Back