SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Shows what I know... My 10 year old likes it... But 1954 is his fav Godzilla film and Suit.

He thinks it's creepy and likes the teeth...

That Godzilla face looks awful...

He looks like someone taped a googly-eye to a mound of crap.

tumblr_lpht1g1ksP1qmtorgo1_500.jpg

I see a demented looking scary as all hell Godzilla ready to kick some ass.

Has anything been mentioned if this is going to be a CGI godzilla or a man in a suit godzilla?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I believe all cgi, although i'm hoping for a few shots of a suit just because it would be a damn shame if they don't.

It's not Godzilla. It is lacking that certain something that makes Godzilla special.
Namely being anthropomorphic looking dinosaur creature. :lol
Keloid skin texture and spikes are the only Godzilla traits this thing has so far.

This is just an ugly monster.
Yep.

Kardashian butt Godzilla. :lol

I just can't get myself to say anything bad about a new TOHO Godzilla movie. :(

Its been 11 years since Final Wars!

That Godzilla face looks awful...

He looks like someone taped a googly-eye to a mound of crap.

View attachment 228402

They are trying to give it that 1954 look with the eyes... It looks silly in this creature though...

I think my biggest issue is the mouth is too damn big... It goes back too far... Someone with good photoshop slills should make the mouth shorter and give him more reptilian eyes.... I bet that would improve the look a lot.

With the wide/long/big mouth + the eye gave him a "cookie monster" Muppet look

fixed the issues and while not perfect I think it looks much better.

23643967175_8933134a74_b.jpg

This design beats the 2014 for me already.

Gave him more nose, less bottom jaw, and smaller mouth... from a distance I think he looks pretty good.

SRjovMJ.jpg

Definitely helps, the actual design just isn't scare to me, I'll admit elements of it look deformed or grotesque, but the overall, at least in this image, does look almost kid-friendly, he looks like a Sesame Street version of Godzilla almost. The teeth or the eye by themselves could be very scary, but the way they're used together just isn't working.

I'm really hoping that other shots are more favorable or that the overall look is so good and helps you get past the head, there are plenty of Godzilla movies where bad human elements can be ignored to enjoy him, but if I can't enjoy him, I don't have much interest in the movie.

Hey Maulfan!!!

A great film with great effects could help save this thing.... Perhaps some huge plates on his back and an extra long tail will help

he looks like a Sesame Street version of Godzilla almost. The teeth or the eye by themselves could be very scary,
I'm really hoping that other shots are more favorable or that the overall look is so good and helps you get past the head, there

I see we agree :)

:exactly: :goodpost:

It's very clear they were taking the original concept for Godzilla and putting a twist on it, but they changed too many features.

27961d72b9c171bdd664b74097b6a9f6.jpg

The deep mouth works ok here, but the overall head shapes are very different, the position of the eyes and heigh of the brows relative to the head are lower, if they took the exact shape of the maquette and applied the very rough skin and the teeth and everything, it would have been right on track I think.

So, now that we have an official look at his face, it looks like what seemed exaggeration due to the sketch quality wasn't in this image.

23556237062_250095e07f_o.jpg

Might be a good estimate of his overall figure and proportions.

Back