SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

If that's the legit design, I'm out, that is the worst looking Godzilla in the franchise, GINO looks more like Godzilla than that thing, the teeth look like ****, the anatomy is awful, the texture is bed.

It's the most terrifying Godzilla and the thing of nightmares for sure, but not in a good way, wow, it's like Toho is trying to help boost Legendary sales with Godzilla 2.

Official teaser trailer...

LMAO what the hell was that! We know what this film is, it's godzilla, this isn't cloverfield, and atleast cloverfield built some kind mystery into it's teaser trailer, this was just people running around.

I like what I see so far. Looks like a twisted version of the '54.

Last edited:

Maybe it's just a lousy picture, I just get too much of a cheesy 80's puppet vibe from it.

Screen+shot+2013-02-02+at+8.28.13+PM.png

If they had stuck closer to the '54 concept art they were inspired by, I'd be okay. But it's clear what their real influences were.

eie5ovpmvedaodoyzsku.png

attack-on-titan-live-action-movie.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

I can even see him lumbering around like a digitally-imposed zombie drenched in CG effects and post-production lighting. Everything has to look like an anime film these days...

Lord these movies sucked so hard. I like the Godzilla design , he looks rather scary with those teeth.

I think he will deliver the goods once we see him in full 3D motion.

His mouth is finally ferocious looking!

Wow... this looks REALLY bad.

If that's the legit design, I'm out, that is the worst looking Godzilla in the franchise, GINO looks more like Godzilla than that thing, the teeth look like ****, the anatomy is awful, the texture is bed.

It's the most terrifying Godzilla and the thing of nightmares for sure, but not in a good way, wow, it's like Toho is trying to help boost Legendary sales with Godzilla 2.

I agree... that is one awful looking Godzilla.

Japanese people running! Omg no way :panic:

At least they seem genuinely freaked out, some of the other films, it almost feels too rehearse, like, ok, now everyone run in this direction, single file, single file.

Why does his mouth extend soooo far past his eye, or conversely, why is his eye so close to the tip of his nose? This looks so unnatural.

EDIT Is it possible he has a whole bunch of dirt sitting on his head? Don't understand this shape. If they are going for mutated horror, they probably nailed it.

g16.jpg

I kinda like it.

I don't like that it doesn't have gums though, it looks uncomfortable.

Why does his mouth extend soooo far past his eye, or conversely, why is his eye so close to the tip of his nose? This looks so unnatural.
View attachment 228162

I noticed that too. Obviously it's a mutant fantasy monster so they can do whatever they want but it still looks "weird" to me with how deep into his head his mouth recedes.

Last edited:

I think no gums is part of my issue with the mouth, I think I'm feeling thrown because it doesn't feel like a mouth, almost like rocks with spikes coming out, the almost seems like porcupine quills more than teeth.

I think part of what's not working for me too is the shape his mouth is making, there's a curve from where his jaws meet to the front of his mouth, it almost looks like a hand puppet would loo.

I think what's ruining it for me is that it just doesn't feel like a creature you would actually see anywhere, ever, and if that's on purpose to sell the whole mutation thing, it just isn't work in my book, it looks like they just had a B level creative team that couldn't get the job done.

It also looks like his lower jaw is fatter at the front and thins out as it leads into his neck, a very strange look.

I think the the way the high point on the head is point right over the eye and doesn't curve into the neck looks weird.

I understand other angles and lighting could really favor this design, but that also makes me scratch my head, this is your big unveil and that's the best image you could come up with to use?

maxresdefault.jpg

Back