SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

I don't think they were trying to use the best image possible. I think they were going for "let's leave them guessing because we screwed up". This is shades of G98 all over again. When the first image (sketch) came out and people screamed foul, they swore it wasn't a legit image. Then we didn't see anything again until the movie.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

While the art proved to not be 100% accurate, it was close enough, a comparison of our first looks.

23014800474_02049c5744_o.jpg

Oh man, Crites are gorgeous, I love them! You leave my fur balls out of this!

Found footage Godzilla movie. :lol

Dude, you know what literally just happened? I had an episode of "Fresh Off the Boat" playing on the DVR and when it ended my satellite dish cut back to live TV. Well what is on? A news story saying "New York is under attack!" with people running around in a panic. My heart literally sank and I was all, "holy ******, what did ISIS do?" and then that damn Cloverfield monster appeared. Son of a *****.... :cuss

This fan art shows that the face could actually be pretty badass, so maybe, MAYBE, if other angles make the rest of the body work better, it might not be so bad.

SRjovMJ.png

Last edited:

Didn't realize I forgot to add the image, updated my last post.

So I get there is supposed to be a 1954 look to this Godzilla (especially the eye) but overall it's just awful. It's not Godzilla. It is lacking that certain something that makes Godzilla special. this is just an ugly monster.

A great film with great effects could help save this thing.... Perhaps some huge plates on his back and an extra long tail will help... But this.... this.... this is not Godzilla..

I am afraid to show it to my 10 year old... He is going to be angry and upset.

Back