SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No dialogue in that trailer. :lol
But there was a piece of paper, at 0:43, written in English. Somehow I feel that was not in the original cut. :rotfl

It is, it's papers presented to the Japanese by the U.S. representative, it's American documents.

I can't even buy tickets yet. The theater doesn't know what time they're going to be showing the damn thing! :lol

Love this shot.

5iapvR1.jpg

Oh wow, I just noticed that the one theater in my area showing Godzilla Resurgence next month is having 80's Retro Month *right now* and for the rest of September is playing Batman 89, Back to the Future, Top Gun, and Beverly Hills Cop. Nice! :rock

Oh wow, I just noticed that the one theater in my area showing Godzilla Resurgence next month is having 80's Retro Month *right now* and for the rest of September is playing Batman 89, Back to the Future, Top Gun, and Beverly Hills Cop. Nice! :rock

Wow, that would be amazing. I did see BTTF 2 in the theater back in the day, but not the original nor Batman and I was born in 83 so Beverly Hills Cop would have been a no lol.

Just bought me some cracking man-in-suit Godzilla pins to pay tribute to Haruo Nakajima :rock

Gutted this won't get released in UK cinemas!

image.jpeg

Am I right in thinking certain shots are back to practical effects, man-in-suit, like the shot below?

image.jpeg

Nope, Godzilla is 100% CGI in this movie, they built a waist up puppet that doesn't even completely look like the final design, but it wasn't used for the film.

Ahhhh ok. Thanks for that. They have obviously gone for a very practical effects looking Godzilla then. When watching the trailer, certain shots look totally practical to my eye.

From what i've seen so far I think the cgi is passable, especially with him.

I'm thinking their method of making him look more like a man in suit involved keeping his movements to a minimum and slowing him down when he does move.

Military stuff looks phenomenal as do the close up destruction shots.

But some of the medium wide destruction shots of buildings collapsing don't look so good.

Oh well these movies were never about perfection and most would agree that what makes these movies great is the low tech approach, practical or otherwise.

Never understood why Japan's cgi was so horrible compared to us. They could make some great movies if the cgi wasn't so horrid.

Back