SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, that was awesome.

Great tension build up thru the editing with that military escalation and execution.

Japan has always used their military to defend themselves from Godzilla but you can see in that clip how they're using their recent constitutional changes to drive the subplot-plot of this movie.

The atomic breath scene is sick.

Last edited:
Not the best CG but not the worst...
The film looks better then anything the Millennium Series offered IMO.
I'm not judgin' the CGI tho. All the vehicles are CG and they look great.
It just feels (camera work, editing, music) too much like anime and it's hard for me to take it seriously.

Some publicity materials posted by Sci Fi Japan, some are old shots but higher resolution.

shingodzilla-catchplay01.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay02.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay03.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay04.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay05.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay06.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay08.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay09.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay10.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay11.jpg

shingodzilla-catchplay15.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not judgin' the CGI tho. All the vehicles are CG and they look great.
It just feels (camera work, editing, music) too much like anime and it's hard for me to take it seriously.

Oh..... I never watch Anime so I don't see that at all.... Perhaps the music now that you say that... I have seen a trailer or two of anime and I can see where you are coming from there.

See you on October 11th Bio! :yess:

Us NY/LA boys are always near the fun. :lol

I may have to take my kids on their first trip to NYC to see this :)

Will this be the first one to be released in the USA in Japanese with English sub?

Possibly, seems strange, the Philippines "trailer" shows some dubbing exists, unless they just made up those few lines themselves, so why go subtitles. I don't care, I'm just psyched to see this on the big screen, haven't seen a Godzilla in a theater since Godzilla 2000.

Back