Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I've decided to stick with the order... I really want to see this figure in-hand. In the end though, either this guy or the Medicom will be for sale :lol

I sticking with this, it looks great to me. I'll judge it once in hand. Pictures vary in color from monitor to monitor, in hand is the real deal.

Like do you really need to be able to slide the helmet over your figures head repeatedly to be satisfied with it?
:rotfl

I'm fine having separate heads... instead of a helmet that fits over a head. Seems all of the figures I've had with a helmet that fits over the head either the portrait is too small or the helmet is too big. This just makes it easier.
Yeah exactly. If you want accuracy this is the way to go unless the head is made of a spongy material.

I'm fine having separate heads... instead of a helmet that fits over a head. Seems all of the figures I've had with a helmet that fits over the head either the portrait is too small or the helmet is too big. This just makes it easier.

I prefer them to be separate myself. Great for customizing. By the way GB I've been checking out your YouTube videos on painting head sculpts and its been a great help. Thank you for posting them.

I prefer them to be separate myself. Great for customizing.

They did this with a lot of clone troopers and it works out great.

By the way GB I've been checking out your YouTube videos on painting head sculpts and its been a great help. Thank you for posting them.

:exactly: It something I've wanted to do and it's given me the incentive to try it because I feel I know what to do step by step, so Thank you GB. :hi5:

Thanks guys, I need to finish the last two segments on hair and finishing touches... they're not too hard to figure out, but I'd like to have the series finished :lol

Thanks guys, I need to finish the last two segments on hair and finishing touches... they're not too hard to figure out, but I'd like to have the series finished :lol

Yes, that would be nice. :impatient:

Actually, who am I kidding, I'll probably need to repaint my first one multiple times before I get to that point. :lol

Medicom also had not paint texture to get rubbed off by doing so... I dont understand people who want remivable helmets when you achieve all the same poaing options with the two heads? Its as crazy as someone wanting iron mans armor to be removable on a true type while maintaining thr same posibility? Its just senseless

Like do you really need to be able to slide the helmet over your figures head repeatedly to be satisfied with it?

I'm sorry. If you were quoting my post to talk directly to me I must have missed the part where I said I wouldn't be satisfied with it. I was merely stating a fact and not an opinion.

However your opinion of my comment is misinformed. I'm fine with it not being able to go on his head. I just simply stated the fact that if a company like MEDICOM and Hasbro can achieve this why can't SS?

All that would be necessary to preserve the paint is to put a bit of soft foam on the inside of the helmet. It looks over sized already so why not?

No worries. You don't have to understand it. Comprehension is not a prerequisite for cooperation.

Just the new ones from Sideshow. I wonder if they will have any details on the underside of the helmet like they did with Boba? The soft cloth that closes the gap between the helmet and the neck seal was a nice touch.

I'm sorry. If you were quoting my post to talk directly to me I must have missed the part where I said I wouldn't be satisfied with it. I was merely stating a fact and not an opinion.

However your opinion of my comment is misinformed. I'm fine with it not being able to go on his head. I just simply stated the fact that if a company like MEDICOM and Hasbro can achieve this why can't SS?

All that would be necessary to preserve the paint is to put a bit of soft foam on the inside of the helmet. It looks over sized already so why not?

No worries. You don't have to understand it. Comprehension is not a prerequisite for cooperation.

My initial comment was directed at you (lack of paint to be rubbed off) the rest was loosely addressed to those wishing SS did a removeable helmet, sorry for not conveying that better.

Sideshow definitely COULD do it, but why would they? removable helmets have never looked good, simply because they arent 1:1 scale, it just doesnt look as good, or function as goo as having swappable.

Not directed at you specifically : If you want Jango unhelmeted, have him hold the helmet, if not pu the helmet on by swapping it, why is it necessary to have the head sculpt under the helmet? does it excite people when they look over at their shelf and think "yeah, his heads under there! oh yeah! so cool"

My initial comment was directed at you (lack of paint to be rubbed off) the rest was loosely addressed to those wishing SS did a removeable helmet, sorry for not conveying that better.

Sideshow definitely COULD do it, but why would they? removable helmets have never looked good, simply because they arent 1:1 scale, it just doesnt look as good, or function as goo as having swappable.

Not directed at you specifically : If you want Jango unhelmeted, have him hold the helmet, if not pu the helmet on by swapping it, why is it necessary to have the head sculpt under the helmet? does it excite people when they look over at their shelf and think "yeah, his heads under there! oh yeah! so cool"

Hahahahahahhahahahahhaha that's hilarious and so true. It's always cooler to reveal than swap. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

And I've decided to stick with the order... I really want to see this figure in-hand. In the end though, either this guy or the Medicom will be for sale :lol
I can't even sell my Medi. It crumbled at three different places and the joints were irreparable. :/

This release is a godsend, as this is my second favorite villain from the films, but I refuse to shell out for another medicom version. The rest of my 1/6 Star Wars figures are from Sideshow anyway. Here's hoping this guy is gold!

armor is a little too low on the vest (there should be no gap between it and the collar)... exact same issue the Medicom had.

Looks good to me.

star-wars-jango-fett-sixth-scale-sideshow-2149-06.jpg

star-wars-jango-fett-sixth-scale-sideshow-21491-01.jpg

:lol at the spoiler warning at the bottom
star-wars-jango-fett-sixth-scale-sideshow-2149-13.jpg

Looks like this turned out pretty good. Not a Jango fan, but the colours and accessories would seem to make this figure pretty cool on display. Nice pics by Sideshow.

Back