Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I've also contemplated cancelling this, I can't see Hot Toys ever making a Jango Fett figure. Between the OT and the new Disney sequel trilogy and the stand alone spinoffs there's gonna be so much material that I highly doubt Hot Toys will anytime soon visit the prequel trilogy if ever at all due to all the non-love it receives. :lol The movies definately left a lot to be desired but there were an awful lot of cool character designs and creations too. So this might very well be the best Jango available to buy for a very very long time. So for me he's too cool to pass up. I'll be happy with him next to Boba for now. Father and son together. :)

At last ! Final Production Gallery--> Jango Fett Sixth Scale Figure ? Final Production Gallery | Sideshow Collectibles

2149_press05.jpg

2149_press09.jpg

2149_press11.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the final product has too big of a helmet?
6ce674edafa7b8463dda069a49f26bfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got notification, will be charged Thursday, so might receive by Wednesday. Fingers crossed that it meet expectations.

Whoosh....I'm generally not one to moan about the shipping, but dayum! $20+! Geez, I ship everyday for my company...some boxes bigger and more weight than this to the west coast cheaper. Quite the jump from the Scout Trooper (Eight bucks more)....granted, I'm on the other coast but...okay, enough of my whining. :slap

Still looking forward to this one....and can't wait to see some "in hand" shots from some of the folks getting theirs sooner than me....c'mon post those pics!

Am I the only one who thinks the final product has too big of a helmet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it has to fit over the headsculpt, i.e. the helmet doesn't look to have its own dummy head/neck joint connection inside.

The Hasbro Jango achieved it by making the headsculpt (relative to other Hasbro heads - meaning it's actually about true 1/6) a little undersized, maybe SSC had to slightly oversize the helmet to make it work.

Not sure it's possible to have a properly sized helmet and properly sized headsculpt that fits beneath.

I hated cancelling. Waited for this one for 18 months. It's just not worth the money to me anymore. For that price i want it to be perfect. Before Sideshow was the only game in town with SW but now HT are making them too i feel no need to drop this kind of cash on a figure unless it's damn near close to perfect. Sideshow will still get my money, just not as big a cut since they will be the HT figures.

I am looking forward to Maul though. Hope they get him right at least.

MEDICOM achieved this as well. Had a head with a helmet that fit over too. Albeit the head and helmet were undersized but SS should have been able to tackle this. I think they were just unwilling.

Removable helmets are fine if the portrait's durable enough to take that kind of 'play'. Medicom were / are certainly pricey, but not exactly high end either. :lol

The separate head / portrait thing is obviously a deliberate choice on SSC's part. I dare say that they're at least trying to aim above the dept store action toy market.

MEDICOM achieved this as well. Had a head with a helmet that fit over too. Albeit the head and helmet were undersized but SS should have been able to tackle this. I think they were just unwilling.

Medicom also had not paint texture to get rubbed off by doing so... I dont understand people who want remivable helmets when you achieve all the same poaing options with the two heads? Its as crazy as someone wanting iron mans armor to be removable on a true type while maintaining thr same posibility? Its just senseless

Like do you really need to be able to slide the helmet over your figures head repeatedly to be satisfied with it?

I'm fine having separate heads... instead of a helmet that fits over a head. Seems all of the figures I've had with a helmet that fits over the head either the portrait is too small or the helmet is too big. This just makes it easier.

Back