Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I dislike Jar Jar, he was such an important character in TPM that I would like a figure of him. I would not want kid boba.

Why is it the middle film of each trilogy has this colour issue? Han blue/brown Hoth jacket and now Jango purple/blue jumpsuit😯

Were there two different suits used? As I've seen promo shots and seen both colours!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It rhymes, like poetry!

Actual costume color and perceived color on film are very different. On film you have so many factors going into it... form the type of camera/film stock used to the filters on the camera to the visual effects compositing to the final Color timing of the film... With Jango being predominantly in composited visual effects sequences there is definitely a lot of color manipulation going on just to get the "green spill" or reflected light bounced off of the green screens out (which by default with shift things into a more magenta realm).

His costume changes from environment to environment based on the ambient light of that scene. In the Hoth sequence my guess is that they needed to use certain filters in order for the reflective snow environment to expose correctly and the they additionally applied a final "look" to the sequence in the finishing process (final Color Timing, now referred to DI or Digital Intermediate process unless still shot and then finished on film).

jango_01.jpg
He looks fairly purple here while laying down on the ground (not compositied into a virtual environment)

jango_02.jpg

While standing, the background is most likely green screen with the majority of the arena being a virtual CG environment. One of the tricks of compositing is to "flash" the foreground character with the ambient color of the CG environment so they don't stand out so badly... he takes on a much more subdued shade..

Jango-Pistols-Side-Shot (1).jpg

Here against blue, he appears much more in line with that background as well...

Bottom line is the figure on your shelf will never benefit from any of these tricks of film so I feel they went a bit too saturated on the purple and it would have been nice to get a bit more subdued color. I especially wish the poncho was more desaturated/blue grey as with it on he looks like a big mass of purple.

He will definitely stand out on my shelf though and I am looking forward to playing with him.

As much as I dislike Jar Jar, he was such an important character in TPM that I would like a figure of him. I would not want kid boba.

I agree, but the Jar Jar ship has sailed...maybe back in the Sideshow early days for $59.99 , maybe. Now you're looking at $235 for Jar Jar, no thanks!

I would love a Clone Wars Kid Boba based on the cartoon and a Jar Jar TPM/Clone Wars figure with purple robes/cape and accessories.

All kidding aside, I think the umbrella that was shown on the making of clips, would have made a great exclusive. If they had the towel with proto Boba why not the umbrella ?

med_1411416229_1397333951_image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All kidding aside, I think the umbrella that was shown on the making of clips, would have made a great exclusive. If they had the towel with proto Boba why not the umbrella ?

med_1411416229_1397333951_image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jumpsuit looks black there.

Sideshow got it wrong again.

Okay. I'm canceling Jango. I can budget a PO of one other figure in exchange. Should I get HT Boba, Leia, or Vader???
(I already have Obi-Wan on PO, and I have SS Deluxe Vader dueling DX Bespin Luke.) Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. I'm canceling Jango. I can budget a PO of one other figure in exchange. Should I get HT Boba, Leia, or Vader???
(I already have Obi-Wan on PO, and I have SS Deluxe Vader dueling DX Bespin Luke.) Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No debate. HT Boba Fett for the win. Let us know what you go with.

Back