Sideshow 1/6 Terminator T-800 Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic Andy! Great sculpt made even better by the man himself!!!!! :rock

Andy Bergholtz said:
Just got mine yesterday, woo hoo! I swapped out the glasses for the ones that came with the T3 Gentle Giant bust, and I also ripped off the turtleneck section of the t-shirt. Once you snip the stitching it actually comes off fairly easily (did the same thing with T-1000). Sorry for the washed out pics!

T%20800%202.jpg

T%20800%201.jpg

Andy Bergholtz said:
Just got mine yesterday, woo hoo! I swapped out the glasses for the ones that came with the T3 Gentle Giant bust, and I also ripped off the turtleneck section of the t-shirt. Once you snip the stitching it actually comes off fairly easily (did the same thing with T-1000). Sorry for the washed out pics!

T%20800%202.jpg

Those glasses look a lot better. Good idea with the t-shirt. Do I dare?

dekadentdave said:
I am too embarrassed to post my "Mentally Challenged" Terminator!:monkey4

What? Come on, man. No shame. You didn't make it. I'm just curious to see some pics from you.

Andy Bergholtz said:

T%20800%202.jpg

T%20800%201.jpg

Nicely done AB, btw... PLEASE COME BACK!!! :lol

Andy Bergholtz said:

T%20800%202.jpg

T%20800%201.jpg

Andy, those shades are perfect! Since you worked for the company, maybe you can share some insight why the Sideshow artists prefer the oversized ones? :confused:

Wor-Gar said:
If they fit the extended legs...and don't "melt" over time.

Better to just stuff, guys. Its quick, its easy, and you have some control over how it looks.

However, if Dave's Arnie rocks after this, I'll get a pair myself.

Right now, mine are too bulky...

T-800FUTZ1.jpg
t2a.jpg

Luke.....Maul.....Arnold....long arms.....am I having Deja Vu? :monkey1

Sideshow, if you aren't even going to fix your bodies, I'm going to stop ordering your products, no matter what the license. Just not worth the cost to me anymore.

yeah, i'm surprised the big boy body has monkey arms. i thought the whole reason SS figs started getting monkey arms was because they were shortening the legs on some bodies to make short bods for Luke and other short characters, but when shortening the legs, they were keeping the arms the original length, hence creating monkey arms. no idea why Arnie has them.

I swapped the head, jacket and pants to a HT body and used the Pops T3 shirt and Dragon pleather jackboots. Pant waist is a little big, and the jacket needs some futzing. Man, look at the perfect HT biker jacket :monkey2

newt2a.JPG

newt2c.JPG

newt2d.JPG

newt2e.JPG

EVILFACE said:
I swapped the head, jacket and pants to a HT body and used the Pops T3 shirt and Dragon pleather jackboots. Pant waist is a little big, and the jacket needs some futzing. Man, look at the perfect HT biker jacket :monkey2

newt2a.JPG

newt2c.JPG

newt2d.JPG

newt2e.JPG

And yet ANOTHER reason why Hot Toys rules the 1:6 world!!!!!! :lol

Nice job, Evil.

OK, well I'm still tinkering with the SS figure, so here's my 3rd attempt to make the legs look right. Last time, too thick. I think these look better.

newlegs2.jpg

newlegs1.jpg

Guys, thoughts? Criticisms?

Well, I think I'm probably a minority on this, but for me, the pants work fine as they came from the factory but for a little too much open area at the hip joint, but the legs themselves seem fine to me the way they fill the pants, and I'm fine with his eyes and the shades. I'm also not sure why people feel he has monkey arms, I put the arms down on mine and the come out to mid thigh which is where my hands come to on my body and I'm 6'4" which is close to Terminator height.

newlegs1.jpg
t2a.jpg

Forgot to mention, since I turned the chest around, my head now tilts side to side and forward. The pic above shows his head tilted a bit. So T-800 does in fact have a ball jointed neck after all.

Back