Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC06759900x750.jpg

Amazing how the outer robe looks different in so many pictures, sometimes salmon, sometimes sand/tan like above.

I wonder if there is variation if we lined them all up?

After all the drama with Fett (the most widely modded fig in SSC history,) this figure is a huge relief. Especially when SSC never posted final product pics.

And I don't have a whole lot of SSC figs, but I always assumed that SSC bodies were renowned for being crappy... like expect it to be crappy and have to body swap?

Amazing how the outer robe looks different in so many pictures, sometimes salmon, sometimes sand/tan like above.

Browns and greens are nearly impossible to capture accurately in pics.

Got mine tonight. I'm really happy with it! Looks fantastic. The weapons are incredible, as are the headsculpt and the bandoliers. Great stuff. Quite amazing to look at in person.

Overall the body on mine is ok. Arms are good. The head is a tiny bit wobbly, but nothing noticeable. The knees are that weird rubbery bendy feel, but they hold their pose. And the thighs are very tight, which makes him a bit hard to pose. But the ankles are bad. They would not hold up the figure in any moderate to extreme pose. It might be okay with a regular straight up standing pose but that's it. I'm definitely keeping him on the stand (which is very cool, btw). But I have all my figures on stands anyway, so no big for me.

Really glad I got him!

But the ankles are bad. They would not hold up the figure in any moderate to extreme pose.

Mine too, the only disappointment on this figure. I'm hoping I can place the "wrap" in a way to hold the ankle. The rounded foot doesn't help either.

Can't wait to see yours.

I'll have mine tomorrow. Pics this weekend.

:clap

Awesome pic, love the look of this fig - and right out of the box!

Do you have one of those bounce/diffusion lighting set-ups? The lighting looks great, shows the detail really well.

Getting excited - mine's out for delivery...

I just have a bright light hanging from an overhead shelf. That desk is where I do all my painting/custom stuff.

nice pics chris................i'm looking forward to water treated pics.

first one to post them earns the title of "Grand Master Tusker Futzer"..........:lecture

:lol

Thanks. Someone else will beat me to the futzing, I wont be able to get to this guy until next week. I cant wait to see some pics after someone has weathered him up a bit too.

Its the lighting. The bulb/setup I have is used for photography, the colors are pretty accurate in the pics I think.

Its the lighting. The bulb/setup I have is used for photography, the colors are pretty accurate in the pics I think.

That's what I wonder though -- mine is noticeably salmon color, I can see reddish in the brown, but yours is very 'sand' color.

Great pics BTW, I may have forgot to mention.

Looks like there are a hand full of issues with the body but the one consistent thing is the weak ankles. I have 'em too. Aside from that mine is as tight and right as SS body could be. The knees feel funny when bending them but they're not loose at all.

I hope you masters of the art come up with some fixes for the ankles because in 15 minutes, I couldn't get him to stand. The wrapped feet are cool but might not be helping the situation.

The upsides are as most others already said. Sculpt and paint are fantastic. Utility belts are awesome. IMO all of the robes are pretty nice, the only cheap part is the bodysuit. Leg wraps are really nice too. Along with the sculpt, the accessories kick ass and put this guy over the top. The paint and detail on them is awesome and the real metal barrel on the rifle is a great touch (heavy and sturdy too). The Gaffi weapon has a really nice wood grain detail on the gun stock. All three weapons are so frigin' cool it's hard to pick a fave.

Once a solution for the ankles surfaces, this guy gets a solid A.

That's what I wonder though -- mine is noticeably salmon color, I can see reddish in the brown, but yours is very 'sand' color.

Great pics BTW, I may have forgot to mention.

Thanks. I hope to take some better pics when he is all "futzed".

Thats interesting about the color of yours. I think I saw someone mention that it looked salmon in his pics, but brown in person. Maybe Im color blind. :D

After reading all the stories about bad bodies, I was happy to open mine tonight and have no issues with it.

Back