Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there are a hand full of issues with the body but the one consistent thing is the weak ankles. I have 'em too. Aside from that mine is as tight and right as SS body could be. The knees feel funny when bending them but they're not loose at all.

I hope you masters of the art come up with some fixes for the ankles because in 15 minutes, I couldn't get him to stand. The wrapped feet are cool but might not be helping the situation.

The upsides are as most others already said. Sculpt and paint are fantastic. Utility belts are awesome. IMO all of the robes are pretty nice, the only cheap part is the bodysuit. Leg wraps are really nice too. Along with the sculpt, the accessories kick ass and put this guy over the top. The paint and detail on them is awesome and the real metal barrel on the rifle is a great touch (heavy and sturdy too). The Gaffi weapon has a really nice wood grain detail on the gun stock. All three weapons are so frigin' cool it's hard to pick a fave.

Once a solution for the ankles surfaces, this guy gets a solid A.

Wow that inexcusable. I wonder if you contact SS what they would say. Can't really just swap bodies with the wrapping and all.

I think a lot of the problems with the feet are that they used real wrappings instead of having a one piece ankle/foot "boot style" plastic wrapping. I appreciate the effort in this, but might have been more practical to do it the other way. Its not an issue for me at all since my figures stay on the stands.

Overall, the body on mine is nice. I just had to turn the arm around. No issues. Best Sideshow figure in quite sometime.

It makes you wonder how SSC can do a great figure like this and miss on so many others.

P1180297.jpg

P1180298.jpg

Killer pose! A+

Mine arrived today.The loose ankles were (sort of)offset by super-tight knees.Otherwise, a beautiful piece...PS

This....figure....rocks!

Been really enjoying the onslaught of pictures of this guy...keep 'em coming, folks! Don't let the Raider get lost in the Bespin/DC madness! This figure deserves it's moment in the sun(s)....

Just a couple of quick pics for the night....

TUSKEN-RAIDER-02.gif

TUSKEN-RAIDER-01.gif

Just some quick thoughts....really gonna enjoy futzing and posing with this one.....I like the robe materials...gonna probably do a little WT over the weekend with it and really work those robes...like cool little details like the solder/weld marks on the gadaffi stick (in fact all the the weapons are pretty top-notch)....just so dynamic looking!

I actually swapped out the crotch-grabber stand for the old waist one...let's you get him in some splayed-legged, dynamic poses in addition to the more "upright" ones...

Great job, Sideshow! Like many others in here, I don't think I'm gonna stop with just one...

Wow that inexcusable. I wonder if you contact SS what they would say. Can't really just swap bodies with the wrapping and all.

Yea I am going to run it past them. I hope that they'll just send me tighter foot peg replacements because the rest of the fig is issue free so I wouldn't want to return the whole thing for a replacement.

And I'm not done rolling the dice. I have two more on the way so well see how those turn out :pray:

I think a lot of the problems with the feet are that they used real wrappings......
It makes you wonder how SSC can do a great figure like this and miss on so many others.

Nail a Raider, botch a Vader...:slap WTF

I honestly think that if the ankles were TT tight, the real wraps wouldn't interfere much.

I got mine. Love the way they look but they can't stand. Top half of the body is fine but the ankles are way too loose and I'm not even sure if the knees work...

Just got mine. Happy to say I got a good example - body is fine, but as people have said the rubbery knee action is odd. Ankles are fine, but that counts for nothing because the fabric boots keep it from being able to balance on its own. My nylon fishing line thing will resolve the balance issues, but I tried out a couple of dragon foot stands and they work a treat. Still a stand of sorts, but not as obtrusive as the SS stand - which is nice with the sand base plate and all, but doesn't fit with the rest of my set up.

$T2eC16hHJI!E9qSO-StSBQT3ummduQ~~60_35.JPG

Great figure, pity I can't afford two but grateful to have even one. I've been waiting a while for one of these guys :)

___

Those foot stands are a cool idea man! :hi5:

..& if it's any consolation to you :)lol), I'll just be getting the one as well.

I personally think certain characters just pop on a shelf or in a cabinet, when they have a display all to themselves.

This guy will be one of those times for me. :)

Landspeeder jackin' is GANGSTA!

I always enjoy their reviews. There so well done but they have to start keeping it real and stop being so diplomatic. Too much praise all the time and not enough, "Sideshow, this fig rocks but WTF is up with the floppy ankles?". Or is that what we're here for :lol

Before and after with some lite water treatment.

P1180298-1.jpg
P1180316-1.jpg

OK
What is water treatment?
Do you just soak it in tap water?
I notice the difference,makes it look more weathered.
I don't trust my towns water enough to soak it,might discolor it.
Parts of my town have hard water.
Would bottled water work?
Yes I know this is the dumbest question ever.

OK
What is water treatment?
Do you just soak it in tap water?
I notice the difference,makes it look more weathered.
I don't trust my towns water enough to soak it,might discolor it.
Parts of my town have hard water.
Would bottled water work?
Yes I know this is the dumbest question ever.

It is wetting the fabric so that when it dries, it lies flat and has natural looking creases at that scale that fit the form of the body. Lol your town's water is fine, for this guy i'd prob just get some in a spray bottle and mist it on till its damp enough, then use hands to shape the wet robes. Dropping a load of water on him might take too long to dry with all his fabric.

Back