Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before and after with some lite water treatment.

P1180298-1.jpg
P1180316-1.jpg
:clap
Looks great King, just doing the same myself. I also stripped him and changed bodies to a TT. No real problems to report. The SS body isn't badly made just very odd, to me at least. I will post some pics later.

Few WIP iphone pics.
This is still wet so darker than it will be.
I went to town on it. Stage two will be dust/sand.
And I'm making new feet, this is on a TT, which is exactly the same size as the SS body. Making new bandages also.

WIP/iphone..
1-57.jpg
4-34.jpg
5-31.jpg
2-51.jpg

Last edited:
A couple more, still wet.
b.jpg
a-2.jpg

That's looking really good Rory :)

Thanks man, it's great to finally have a really good 1/6 scale Tusken.
I love these desert characters probably more than any others in either trilogy. Lets hope we get some jawas soon, I have a couple of Medi ones, but they are a bit ****.

You get your Tusken yet mate?

Thanks man, it's great to finally have a really good 1/6 scale Tusken.
I love these desert characters probably more than any others in either trilogy. Lets hope we get some jawas soon, I have a couple of Medi ones, but they are a bit ****.

You get your Tusken yet mate?

Yeah, some jawas would be sweet. As far as my SW collecting interests go it's all 1977. I loved ESB and thought it the better movie, but somehow I have little interest in those characters as figures.

Got my Tusken, and lucked out on the joints - they're all nice and relatively tight. A couple of those Dragon foot stands and it stands up on its own well enough. I'm really impressed with the job they did on this, so glad they did one of my favourite characters justice :)

Yeah, some jawas would be sweet. As far as my SW collecting interests go it's all 1977. I loved ESB and thought it the better movie, but somehow I have little interest in those characters as figures.

Got my Tusken, and lucked out on the joints - they're all nice and relatively tight. A couple of those Dragon foot stands and it stands up on its own well enough. I'm really impressed with the job they did on this, so glad they did one of my favourite characters justice :)

Yeah, the head and accessories really are fantastic. I didn't think SS had it in them to be honest, especially with the paint apps. The bandage work of the head is almost perfect. It's IV and V for me movie wise, although the original has a special place in my heart.
Bring on the Jawas.:clap

that's how i water treat rorywan............complete soaking. it's gonna look badass when dry.
i usually just take mine to the sink & use the sprayer and soak it over and over. a couple things i'm mindful of is making sure that the figure or it's accessories (like boots especially) don't hold standing water & that some types of materials don't bleed dye.

that's how i water treat rorywan............complete soaking. it's gonna look badass when dry.
i usually just take mine to the sink & use the sprayer and soak it over and over. a couple things i'm mindful of is making sure that the figure or it's accessories (like boots especially) don't hold standing water & that some types of materials don't bleed dye.

Yeah, I took everything off and then I did a lot of tinting and staining as well as I went. The body underneath is a TT, so it's a good base. I've made new bandages for the feet etc. The ones on the SS body are a bit like shoelaces! But I'm not knocking it, they got a load of stuff right.
photo-59.jpg

nah, why? If any color comes off it will just add to the mess.
And it's more important IMO to get it all dressed up when still damp to allow the fabric to fall and dry correctly.

QFT...............:lecture

I received mine yesterday when I opened it today I noticed that he is missing the harnest belts he wears on his chest. I guess I have to contact SS now. This is the first time I received a figure with something missing. :slap

I received mine yesterday when I opened it today I noticed that he is missing the harnest belts he wears on his chest. I guess I have to contact SS now. This is the first time I received a figure with something missing. :slap

Sorry to hear that man, and they are one of the best parts.

Be interested to see how your new feet turn out... but I think part of the issue with the Tusken standing is the bandages on the Sideshow feet are a bit too thick (as you said) leading to the feet not really sitting flat.

Its the same design, but they are just "bendy". Someone more articulate than me can explain it. :dunno

Wheres Galactiboy when you need him :lol

Sorry King... I was away on business. Well not really, I already had the figure and didn't check back in :lol

TBH, I'm at a loss on how to explain the knees myself. They look like the same kind of piece, but make posing a real pain. I assume they are made out of rubber in order to create more friction, but the previous Pro bodies (after the clicky knees) didn't have this and I never had issue with weak knees :huh

Damn Chris! You bought all TA's banoliers! :tap

Looks great, BTW!

The man has needs... just look at all those WIPs!!! :lol

Back