Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thud:
Be interested to see how your new feet turn out... but I think part of the issue with the Tusken standing is the bandages on the Sideshow feet are a bit too thick (as you said) leading to the feet not really sitting flat.

Sorry King... I was away on business. Well not really, I already had the figure and didn't check back in :lol

TBH, I'm at a loss on how to explain the knees myself. They look like the same kind of piece, but make posing a real pain. I assume they are made out of rubber in order to create more friction, but the previous Pro bodies (after the clicky knees) didn't have this and I never had issue with weak knees :huh

The man has needs... just look at all those WIPs!!! :lol

I stripped the body, so had a chance to have a good look at it. The knees are not rubber but a type of hard vinyl. The knee joints barely bend and when you do force them you can see white stress marks on the surface of the joint. So I would be careful with them.

WOW! Great figure and great pics everyone.

I just got in my two exclusives and have only opened one so far but love it. The arms were both on backwards on mine, so be careful to check before trying to bend in the wrong direction if you haven't opened yours yet. This pro body has some negative elbow bend that may make you think you are bending it the correctly and snap it.

As many have stated, the attention to detail here is awesome the accessories are true quality. Get it if you haven't yet.

:thud:

I stripped the body, so had a chance to have a good look at it. The knees are not rubber but a type of hard vinyl. The knee joints barely bend and when you do force them you can see white stress marks on the surface of the joint. So I would be careful with them.

Really... I wonder if it is a different version of the rubber knee :huh I have 2 other Pro bodies that have what I thought was the same design.

With some manipulation I was able to get the Raider to stand on his own, but honestly I don't 100% trust him not to topple. Luckily I usually use a stand so it's not a major issue.

I was walking by him this morning as I was getting ready for work, and I just had to stop dead in my tracks and get a long look at him. He's really quite good, isn't he? There's just something about him that is SO Star Wars. It really takes me back to those original Kenner figures. For me, this guy really steps up the nostalgia. The details are just mesmerizing!

Yep, few things scream Star Wars like a Tusken Raider :lol

tumblr_m9eluwRqUp1rp96kao1_500.gif

Really... I wonder if it is a different version of the rubber knee :huh I have 2 other Pro bodies that have what I thought was the same design.

With some manipulation I was able to get the Raider to stand on his own, but honestly I don't 100% trust him not to topple. Luckily I usually use a stand so it's not a major issue.

It could well be the same as other pro bodies Galactiboy, to be honest I don't have much experience with them, just a few SS creatures, a couple of clones/troopers and Boba. I will post a pic of the body later. It's quite odd and strangely balanced. Stiff joints and very very loose joints and those knees, which just seem badly designed. The parts don't fit correctly together.

It's not a major issue for me either, always use a stand, but not too keen on the bobble foot shape.

I agree with you... Sideshow's funny that they can get pretty close, but then just fall a touch short on something like the body :huh Overall this is a great figure, but they really need to just settle on a design for the body and stick to it :huh

I guess I did. If you need a set let me know. :)

The body does have some issues. My arm was also on backwards. Easy fixes really.

I'm good, but thank you! Just giving you some crap. :D I did get the parts I was wanting though. I need to snap some pics, but the hands, resperators and weapons really added a lot to my customs.

I've never dealt with SS before about a defective or missing part. Can someone who has gone through this explain to me the process? Is calling them the best way to go or sending an email? Do they usually send missing parts or do I have to send back the entire figure?

Thanks for the help

I've never dealt with SS before about a defective or missing part. Can someone who has gone through this explain to me the process? Is calling them the best way to go or sending an email? Do they usually send missing parts or do I have to send back the entire figure?

Thanks for the help

Just call them. If it's just a missing part they'll probably just send it to you... Something big might require you to send the whole thing back first though.

Just call them. If it's just a missing part they'll probably just send it to you... Something big might require you to send the whole thing back first though.

Ok thanks. Its just the harnest he wears on his chest. Someone on the assemly line forgot to put one on mine. :lol

Stress marks while bending the knees? That's not good to hear.

Well it sounds like most here are stand guys so the ankle issue isn't a problem for them. I hope there are a few other non-stand guys out there that will explore how to fix this and share some good ideas. The wraps make it harder to stand him but I don't think that's the main culprit. He buckles at the ankle very easily even when I'm trying to stand him upright. I think tight foot pegs will offset the bandages and you'll be able to get him in a sturdy stance.

I have to play around with it tonight, but the first things that comes to mind was HT Classic Predator or Leonidas foot pegs. They have the same large ball style but I'm sure the pegs won't fit.

But the sand overlay is cool and you can conceal most of the stand in the robes so if I can't sort it out, this particular stand might not be too bad.

They'll probably just mail the parts to you... anytime it's just been a damaged accessory I was not required to send the entire figure back. But if it's a broken limb, or something more substantial it all goes back.

A couple more, still wet.
b.jpg
a-2.jpg

WOW! That's really outstanding. The tattered and frayed robes really look excellent... and now I notice the cleanly hemmed lines on my own Tusken, looks a little silly :lol

Great work on the painting and distressing (the holes, the wear) -- it all makes your Tusken a very nasty and dangerous looking figure.

Hey joebizz34, is it one of the bandoliers? or that breathing apparatus thing that looks like a Bob Dylan harmonica on a holder?

They sent my local retailer 3 replacement overcoats for me for some HT Jack Jokers. They didn't even ask for the bad ones back. But maybe because he's a wholesale account

WOW! That's really outstanding. The tattered and frayed robes really look excellent... and now I notice the cleanly hemmed lines on my own Tusken, looks a little silly :lol

Great work on the painting and distressing (the holes, the wear) -- it all makes your Tusken a very nasty and dangerous looking figure.

Thanks man. Yeah it was the hem lines that made me distress it so much. I always thought these guys should be mysterious and scary, clean hems do not match that discription!

It's amazing how good the head is though, just trying to get the body to match it.

Back