Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple more, still wet.
b.jpg
a-2.jpg

Thanks man, it's great to finally have a really good 1/6 scale Tusken.
I love these desert characters probably more than any others in either trilogy. Lets hope we get some jawas soon, I have a couple of Medi ones, but they are a bit ****.

You get your Tusken yet mate?

Looking good, Rory! I can't wait to work on mine. :yess:

I have to admit I just kind of glanced over your water treatment... but damn if that doesn't look completely badass! Excellent work on distressing him, can't want to see him dried and in his final state :clap

That's a pretty big thing to overlook after inspecting, shutting the box and giving the thums up. I think that someone is puffin' on that Cali good-good on that assembly line :D

:lol I would think so. I called them and they told me to send over a pic. Here is the pic I sent them.

DSC_1642-1.jpg

^^^ That's weird. I hope you at least got sturdy ankles for the trouble. But they'll certainly give you two new bandoliers. Remind them that both are missing.

If anyone has the wherewithall I'd love to see more close ups of the head. I've noticed in most of the recent pictures that what people might call the upper silver "teeth" the paint is very even and clean, but on mine and a few earlier pictures the paint is either chipped or "dirty". I'm wonderng if there is a consistent 'clean' or 'dirty' paint scheme and being silver it doesn't really show except in close ups.

I have to admit I just kind of glanced over your water treatment... but damn if that doesn't look completely badass! Excellent work on distressing him, can't want to see him dried and in his final state :clap

:hi5: Thanks.

Looking good, Rory! I can't wait to work on mine. :yess:
Looking forward to seeing yours Flosi, I know they will be great.
:hi5:

Man! This guy turned out fantastic!!
Great pics everyone!!
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, sorry but I've been out of this thread for a week or so.
The outer robe looks a bit pinkish/salmon on some pics, how does it look in hand? Is it more "tan"?

I'm having a hard time not ordering the exclusive...:gah:

The outer robe looks a bit pinkish/salmon on some pics, how does it look in hand? Is it more "tan"?

That was my question as well, because I have this and mine is on the "salmon" side -- I clearly see a reddish tint in the faded brown. I think Evilface also mentioned this. But others here seem to express that the robe appears as it does in the pictures as more of a faded brown or "sand" color.

Depending on your lighting, that does seem to have an effect on the color. I'm guessing its all the same color and its just the interpretation that goes awry when trying to explain it.

It does not look Salmon at all in hand... looks pretty much spot on to what I expected.

See ....

Kuzeh here's my crappy pics in various lighting contexts: ambient light, sun light, camera flash, sidelight from window.

Tusken2.jpg
Tusken1.jpg

Tusken4.jpg
Tusken3.jpg

What I have in hand looks most like the lower left picture. For me.

Thanks for those pics WG...
I see what you mean, but regardless of the lighting, it does indeed look a little more salmonish than tan...
Worst case scenario it can be dyed or something I would assume...

Thanks for those pics WG...
I see what you mean, but regardless of the lighting, it does indeed look a little more salmonish than tan...
Worst case scenario it can be dyed or something I would assume...

I have to say, when I first opened him up I did think the outer robe was darker than I expected it to be. But its not bad... maybe the word "salmon" is turning into a bad word... it's just darker (mine is) than a lot of these pictures are showing. As you can see by my upper left picture, that's how most photos look, while my lower left photo seems much darker, which is closer to what I see in hand.

But I haven't given my guy a "bath" yet -- that may spread/thin the material so it isn't so dense perhaps.

Yea in some of these pics it may have a slight salmon tone to it but in hand it's a pretty solid taupe. At least mine is. Whatever you want to name the color, it's not really what we saw on screen but that doesn't bother me. This guy looks sick in hand.

Man! This guy turned out fantastic!!
Great pics everyone!!
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, sorry but I've been out of this thread for a week or so.

I'm having a hard time not ordering the exclusive...:gah:

If you can swing it, DO IT! The Gaffi weapon is cool as hell

Last edited:
Back