Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only just now had a chance to open this guy. Best SSC figure I've ever bought. All the other figs I love - Hammy, Gammy, Greedo etc - still had the slight feel of a very well done toy of the character. This feels like you're holding a shrunken-down Tusken in your hands, it's that eerie real.

No body issues at all. The feet are a bit odd - the size is pretty diminutive (gloved hands also are on the small side) because they are just those teeny SSC feet designed to go in boots, wrapped with fabric. The wraps on this guy should have been more like the farmboy Luke fabric wraps, but they work fine. It is hard to stand him with small feet rounded with so much fabric though. None of this you really see at all, so no real problem.

The sculpt and paint on this is phenomenal - 10/10. Love how the eye tubes are so deep. As usual, the weapons are outstanding. No one does weapons like SSC. These however could really do some damage - fanboy impaled on his toy gaffi stick. Hate to think of a kid with these things! But that makes it that much cooler.

I plan to clone him but I am tempted to buy more of this guy from SSC. If these were cheaper I would have already ordered.

Very exciting release, outstanding work SSC.:yess:

One thing about weathering and bedraggling these guys is the outfits on the Raiders on-screen actually seem pretty intact. I love how Rory's looks, but I think clean hems on the inner robes is actually accuate... this was the best pic I could find but it's from a still so it may not actually be what was on screen.

But either way, his robes are not so damaged here:
tr01.jpg

One thing about weathering and bedraggling these guys is the outfits on the Raiders on-screen actually seem pretty intact. I love how Rory's looks, but I think clean hems on the inner robes is actually accuate... this was the best pic I could find but it's from a still so it may not actually be what was on screen.

But either way, his robes are not so damaged here:
tr01.jpg

They vary quite a lot between pics, scenes and movies, though I do agree with you galactiboy.
For me it's about texture, it gives it scale. The SS inner robes are way too clean, you don't need to destry the hems but they do need more detail to set them in with the texture on the head IMO. And its a great way to make them look different. I actually still have the hems on mine, but I scruffed them up quite a bit. They just look too new, and textureless which throws the scale. It's all very subjective.:peace

This is how I always think of Tuskens (same pic, but it's not washed out)... they should be dirty and dusty..

sw_12back_tusken_raider_proof_card_a-1.jpg

I totally agree... and honestly a dirty ragged Sandperson makes much more sense than how clean the hemlines are on the figure.

I'll definitely be doing some adjustment to this guy. I may even follow your lead and wrap a new set of feet as I'm just not feeling the current fabric choice for that.

I love the tattered look personally and feel that's the way they would really look.... but being a costume that was designed and then quickly dirtied before filming you can understand the remaining hemline... especially when they never shot them in a way where'd you'd see it.

Ragged seaweed monster is more creepy nasty.

In "reality" there would likely be every type of condition from Rory's tattered to all hell look to Sideshow's and everything inbetween.

In "reality" there would likely be every type of condition from Rory's tattered to all hell look to Sideshow's and everything inbetween.

Yeah, exactly, and it's a great way to make them look different in a group. I intend on picking up a couple more of these along the way, and making them different.

Sure, maybe... but maybe Sandpeople were very fashion forward and took great pride in their inner robes not being too tattered :lecture

Could be... sure my outer robes are dirty. But see the pride I take in these inner ones; notice the clean hem and generally bright color :lol

Could be... sure my outer robes are dirty. But see the pride I take in these inner ones; notice the clean hem and generally bright color :lol

well yea...........what else would they be doing sitting in their caves between the occasional raids?

SEWING !!!!!!!!!! .....:lecture

At the end of this clip, you can tell the Tusken Raider takes much pride in keeping his inner robe clean. Let's take a look:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1mfxGd0YCw[/ame]

Sure, maybe... but maybe Sandpeople were very fashion forward and took great pride in their inner robes not being too tattered :lecture

A fashion statement, maybe?

URoRRuR'R'R!!!

well yea...........what else would they be doing sitting in their caves between the occasional raids?

SEWING !!!!!!!!!! .....:lecture

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:yess:

Back