Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cause they didn't give the production run's armour it's shine. You don't go through all that trouble to make the Prototype all nice and shiny and then when it comes time to deliver you hold back for whatever reason. That right there just smells of cheap! Like "^^^^, we don't really know how to make the armour shiny without breaking the bank so fvck it!?"

I still like this Storm Trooper and I will buy it cause it's so dirt cheap for an armoured Stormie but I just would wish SS would stop holding back and stop playing these mind games with prototype's.

Oh and Josh,your ridiculous! .

Did you ever see the proto? I did at SDCC it was actually a production sample now that I think of it. It looked exactly shine wise to whats being shown so far. There's no change there.

No, I'm not the one tossing out statements that show an utter lack of ability to know what the hell is exactly true and just made up BS.

Thanks to a great photographer "Shadow" for his great pics from SDCC. His pictures were a major factor why I pulled the trigger to buy the Stormtrooper. Pointing out the nice shine on the armor, I'm a sucker for shiny armor:D. As seen in Shadows pics it looks awesome, I was drooling :monkey5 over the shine and with the armor in its correct position.

I will make my stormtrooper look like the prototypes seen but wish SideShow produced what they originally presented.

Reading through the threads I think some are confused what this stormtrooper is supposed to represent. From the beginning I was thought this figure is representing the LUKE HERO version not the Han Version. So correct me if I'm wrong:eek: Which explains the Bubble lens that should be in black or smoked grey lens not green and having a smaller painted frown that most units almost are painted with a full frown. The prototype is the correct represetation of the LUKE HERO helmet. Cant truely say that is what is being shipped.

Got my notice today and stoked to have this in hand:D

Comparisons of the shine from Proto to Product
SsTkCOMPARISONS2.jpg

try this if the pic doesnt work https://www.geocities.com/psew/SsTkCOMPARISONS2.jpg

Luke on the Left what SideShow is offering and Han on the Right what I think some are mixed up on its representation.
heroandfollano2.JPG

ANH_HD_Hero10_Luke.jpg

Even though the Screen Stormtroopers werent that shiny I'd rather have it glossed up.

Last edited:
Wor-Gar, the pic was working. Now it's not. But boy, was the proto sexy! Hopefully we can somehow achieve a gloss like that!

EF and Maulfan, I admit I haven't tried it on a figure wearing pants. Thanks for the tip. LOL But as you can see, it looks fine with armored figs.

QUOTE=Wor-Gar;1511740]Sewbacca -- why do some of your pics show and most don't for me? I usually get little red x's with your posts.[/QUOTE]

Darn Yahoo pic hosting always does that, going to have to find a new host. It works when you close the page and open a new one.

Or try this for the missing pic.
https://www.geocities.com/psew/SsTkCOMPARISONS2.jpg

I use tinypic.com without probs.

EF, try that Zaino polish on a nude buck and see if it really works on plastic.

EF and Maulfan, I admit I haven't tried it on a figure wearing pants. Thanks for the tip. LOL But as you can see, it looks fine with armored figs.

It's a good thought, one case where it would really be handy are figures like Hot Toys Rambos where the stand would actually crease the rubber, I ended up switching out to SSC rings for those because they can be adjusted looser, HT's rings are kinda short.

If HT could figure out some way to make that stand so it doesn't look like the figure's got exposed nuts in some cases, it'd be great.

One flaw with some SSC figures, the resistance of the stand rings actually keeps some Buck figures legs open so far they won't stand properly, tried it with my Jedi Luke the other day, even have had some issues with my HT Jokers.

It's a step in the right direction but a few kinks to work out of it.

It's a good thought, one case where it would really be handy are figures like Hot Toys Rambos where the stand would actually crease the rubber, I ended up switching out to SSC rings for those because they can be adjusted looser, HT's rings are kinda short.

If HT could figure out some way to make that stand so it doesn't look like the figure's got exposed nuts in some cases, it'd be great.

One flaw with some SSC figures, the resistance of the stand rings actually keeps some Buck figures legs open so far they won't stand properly, tried it with my Jedi Luke the other day, even have had some issues with my HT Jokers.

It's a step in the right direction but a few kinks to work out of it.

I'd hate to be stuck with the HT underhook stands in an earthquake! :horror It's because of that very reason, I've switched out all the underhook stands with the regular waste clamps. I'd rather have dimples in a figure's midsection than have to hunt down a replacement for my broken, sold out figures and wind up getting reamed on ebay.

Wor-Gar, the pic was working. Now it's not. But boy, was the proto sexy! Hopefully we can somehow achieve a gloss like that!

That does look really good for the Trooper, and you can get it up there far enough that he's less likely to topple over. Every time I have to move Batman or one of the Jokers I have to be careful or they will drop like a rock.

I'd hate to be stuck with the HT underhook stands in an earthquake! :horror It's because of that very reason, I've switched out all the underhook stands with the regular waste clamps. I'd rather have dimples in a figure's midsection than have to hunt down a replacement for my broken, sold out figures and wind up getting reamed on ebay.

Good point, that is a factor. Not sure what the most ideal means is, neither waist or under hook is perfect.

Hey guys, thanks again for all of the great pics! I still can't understand all the hate for this figure, despite the few small nitpicks, it still looks amzing to me.

Oh, and my status has changed to "item shipping soon":D

Hey guys, thanks again for all of the great pics! I still can't understand all the hate for this figure, despite the few small nitpicks, it still looks amzing to me.

Oh, and my status has changed to "item shipping soon":D

Medicommunists aside, has there really been any hate?

Unfortunately that MG-34 is not the right one, the stand should be different. I also have exactly this one

mg3402.jpg

But the real DLT-19 should look like this:

54zlub.jpg

shropt said:
It's the correct rifle but the stand is backwards. All you need to do is remove the stand and glue it the correct way with superglue. Plus most people won't notice that detail anyway.

The two pack from 20th Century that I got at TRU actually has both versions of the MG-34.

I got my first Stormtrooper yesterday and loved him. Today my second one arrived and they look even better together. Praji is a poor subsitute for Vader, but the two Stormies flanking him looks really awesome. Amazing how just having two of an army builder figure in this scale looks so much more impressive than one. Glad I've got two Utapau Clones and two Cobra Troopers on order! With the different colored shoulder pads, the Sandtrooper just isn't as easy to army build. I'll just wait for the other colors to come out to get more of him.

YES! Just (like 2 seconds ago) got my shipping notice! Stormie will be here on the 9th! It's gonna be a loooong weekend, but the good news is I am on leave all next week:D

I got my first Stormtrooper yesterday and loved him. Today my second one arrived and they look even better together. Praji is a poor subsitute for Vader, but the two Stormies flanking him looks really awesome. Amazing how just having two of an army builder figure in this scale looks so much more impressive than one. Glad I've got two Utapau Clones and two Cobra Troopers on order! With the different colored shoulder pads, the Sandtrooper just isn't as easy to army build. I'll just wait for the other colors to come out to get more of him.

I'm jealous. I had to let my Reg ST go.

Let's see pics.

Some comparison pics between SS (left) and Medicom (right)

DSC08382.jpg

DSC08383.jpg

DSC08384.jpg

DSC08388.jpg

DSC08389.jpg

DSC08390.jpg

DSC08391.jpg

DSC08392.jpg

DSC08393.jpg

DSC08395.jpg

From a side view, Medicom's helmet is much more accurate...
But the more I see SS I think they did a great job on the overall look of the figure...
My only nitpicks about SS's is somewhat loose body, matte finish of the armour, and the side proportions of the helmet... oh and the chestplate being so loose too...
I'm still debating if I should sell my Medi's or use one of them for a StormLuke...

Back