Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kuzeh, are you just using the red because or are you intention trying to make the shots look like the ESB promos where Vader's in the middle flanked by Stormies on each side with a red back drop?

Kuzeh, are you just using the red because or are you intention trying to make the shots look like the ESB promos where Vader's in the middle flanked by Stormies on each side with a red back drop?

You mean this:

Vader_Stormtroopers.jpg

Nah, actually it's a chair I have here... makes the figure stand out!!
But when they release Vader, I'll try to replicate this pic!

Some comparison pics between SS (left) and Medicom (right)

DSC08382.jpg

From a side view, Medicom's helmet is much more accurate...
But the more I see SS I think they did a great job on the overall look of the figure...
My only nitpicks about SS's is somewhat loose body, matte finish of the armour, and the side proportions of the helmet... oh and the chestplate being so loose too...
I'm still debating if I should sell my Medi's or use one of them for a StormLuke...

It's like Han and Luke, side by side, in Stormtrooper disguise! :lol All kidding aside, as nice as Medi's is, Sideshow's is just that much better. I used to think the Medicom one looked perfect, but now he looks like a short fatheaded kid. :p After seeing the difference, my wife is already trying to get me to sell my Medicom Stormies and Vaders. :(

You mean this:

Vader_Stormtroopers.jpg

Nah, actually it's a chair I have here... makes the figure stand out!!
But when they release Vader, I'll try to replicate this pic!

I always liked how Vader and the Stormtroopers really shined against the red, I think it's the best color for showcasing them.

I'm shocked that people are still comparing the Medi to the SS. I mean, just check the pics above.

Moving on...

Let's compare a closer set: MARMIT vs SIDESHOW...

MarmitVSSS1.jpg

MarmitvsSS2.jpg

I love my Marmit. Mine is a Hurricane version with articulated ankles. I have to say though, in person the Sideshow one wins for me. I didn't think so until I actually got them out side by side in front of me.

Marmit is great, but it has soft features and lines. The armor is nicely shaped but the plastic its made from is cheap looking to me, especially in the mid-torso. The helmet is much softer too. The Sideshow armor is super white and crisp. The SS helmet also looks more real in hand. Again, the Marmit plastic is more "toyish". Part of that, believe it or not, is the gloss!

When I first pulled my Marmit out I was like "oh man this is awesome, got to be better than SS"... but that changed when I did an actual compare.

I think the SS wins. For me. And I'm not a SS fanatic. Just check my Belloq thread.

Nice, BM! So wish I had two of these now.

I just want to post this better lit shot of the Marmit vs SS, even looks to make the SS a little more glossy:

MarmitVSSS3.jpg

Again, not bashing the Marmit. Just comparing. I'm still very glad to have both of these. It's like a little walk thru 1/6th time... the beginning and the now...

I just want to post this better lit shot of the Marmit vs SS, even looks to make the SS a little more glossy:

MarmitVSSS3.jpg

Again, not bashing the Marmit. Just comparing. I'm still very glad to have both of these. It's like a little walk thru 1/6th time... the beginning and the now...

Any chance of getting a pic of the SS Trooper with the Marmit helmet?

Any chance of getting a pic of the SS Trooper with the Marmit helmet?

Well, there's nothing in the Marmit helmet to hang right on the SS peg, but I did this for you....

MarmitheadonSSST.jpg

The plastics won't match at all in hand...unless you repaint the helmet and all the armor to match.

Do you really prefer the Marmit helmet to the SS one? Do you have the SS in hand yet?

Got a chance to crack him open and snap a few pics while LOST is dvr'n. I think he rocks. Ankles on mine are loose, but no biggie. He looks fantastic and that is all that matters. I'm not well versed in all the differences between stunt, mr, ace this or that, but he looks like I see in the movies. Well worth the $90 or however much he was.

stormtrooper1.jpg

stormtrooper2.jpg

stormtrooper5.jpg

stormtrooper6.jpg

stormtrooper4.jpg

Oh and the armor IS painted white. While heating up the chest piece to pinch in a bit, one shoulder strap came unglued and you can see where it peeled up the paint. So Justin, give the T1000 body a rest lol.
stormtrooper3.jpg

Oh well, I plan on using some polish on him to shine him up a bit :banana

MarmitVSSS3.jpg

the SS helmet WINS hands down ......

MarmitVSSS3.jpg

This image reminds of something that's always sort of bugged me. Does anyone know if there's a document reson why the leg armor of the Stormtroopers differs between the two legs? The setup on the left leg definitely seems more practical and useful with the knee protection.

Back