Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sloppy and amateur is right. I'm still trying to find a reason to justify handing $25 to Sideshow on the back of a bunch of crappy promo pics. If I did King's body swap on my ANH Vader it'd leave this one in the shade.

EX isn't a big deal for me since I'd never use it and taxes in CA are a ***** anyway so who has a the best AD order for this? I don't have a Vader (blasphemous) and feel like I need one in my collection, although I'd prefer the ANH version that I stupidly passed on...

Tax in California for the ex and reg is $18.75. You will be sorry.

Inorite? Five years? Moar liek double that. :lol

There is no way in hell that sideshow will allow ht to come out with a vader in the next 5 years after the r&d they put into it. Plus we know the next 3 ht Star Wars figures and that will easily take 5 years to release them all.

I just pre-ordered this. This is the first SS figure I have ever ordered from them directly. However, I have owned dozens. I stopped collecting figures entirely, sold them all in 2011....but this figure made me want to revisit the first ANH Vader that they produced. (A figure I miss greatly)

Im sure this thread will be flamed with tons of critics. Respectfully, dont buy it if you dont like it. Focus on the positive and not the negative. peace.

the $300 Luke looks like a hell of a deal compared to this!

So this is Sideshows version of a DX? If only the head was the same size as HT and he didn't have MC Hammer pants. That pose they show on the sideshow main page almost looks like a Hammer Time pose :rotfl

Tax in California for the ex and reg is $18.75. You will be sorry.

I don't see why he would be. If he intends to keep the figure for himself and doesn't feel the need to have that accessory, he could save himself some money with a retailer discount and no sales tax if he buys it out of state, and he'll have the figure he wants.

There is no way in hell that sideshow will allow ht to come out with a vader in the next 5 years after the r&d they put into it. Plus we know the next 3 ht Star Wars figures and that will easily take 5 years to release them all.
5 years for the next 3 Star War figures from Hot Toys? :lol I give it 7 years for all 3 to be released to the public. This is Hot Toys we're talking about after all.

Just ordered the Ex. Will go nicely with the DX Luke.

Yes there is a severed hand to go with the stump. :)

Unfortunately there are no images of it to show at this time...but it does and will exist with the Exclusive version of the figure.

-SideshowAlex

Please tell me the hand is giving the middle finger! :pray:

Would be awesome! hahaha

Got the regular through Alterego...(234.99 - $20) $215 total

plus I like my vader cutting off Luke's hand and not the other way around :)....so the severed hand doesn't matter

besides,no HT luke Jedi to cut off Vader's hand and that isn't coming anytime soon

Im sure this thread will be flamed with tons of critics. Respectfully, dont buy it if you dont like it. Focus on the positive and not the negative. peace.

Folks have been waiting on this figure for a long time. When it finally does surface, it's an amateur-hour hodge-podge of inconsistent and poorly resolved details and pics that comes with a stratospheric (by sideshow's standards) MSRP. If you're happy with what you see, cool. Others in turn are obviously free to offer their negative summations.

Ordered the reg through SS with no NRD. I don't want or need the EX and since BBTS sold out in like 3 minutes, SS was the next best option.

I am not a fan of SS holding my NRD for the year it will take for this figure to get released unless the EX is an absolute must have and in this case it wasn't for me. This figure will look great with HT Bespin Luke.

Back