Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are people in this world who live for the moment and enjoy their existence. There other people who just love to complain about everything and try and make other people feel as bad as they do.

It's a plastic toy. It's never going to be 100% accurate. Were the Kenner toys we all enjoyed as kids accurate? Not even close, yet we all loved them. Why have so many become negative and cynical as they became adults? It's a toy. Nothing more.

This might not be the best vader ever, but I'm almost 40 years old. My grandfather died at 45 from a heart attack, my uncle at 47 from a heart attack. I think I'm going to order this and enjoy it while I'm still alive...I could die tomorrow. It's a toy and nothing more. If people are seeking perfection in a piece of plastic mass produced in china then they might want to rethink their expectations.

I'm here to lodge a complaint about the complainers complaining. Ok, that's handled.
Now: For the buyers, if you get it in hand and don't like it, you can always sell it for a *slight* profit on the DARK SIDE of ebay.
I just PO'd with this philosophy.

I'm here to lodge a complaint about the complainers complaining about the complaining. Ok, that's handled.
Now: For the fans/apologists, that's cool if you can afford to shell out $250 for a figure that is poorly presented in the pics (who knows for sure exactly what the issues are based on these) with the intention that it can be sold off if it doesn't satisfy in hand. Personally, I'm not one of those. I can only base my decision to purchase on what I see in the pics, and how much I think the figure is worth the substantial MSRP to have as a keeper. As it stands, the pics are pathetic in showing what exactly is going on in this release. I'm going to hold out for better pics before I buy.

Why don't we just take a small safe pointed object and gently tuck the pants into the boots? Sounds easy yet SS neglected to do this. The normal fans won't notice these things...I think the production photos are either rushed or lazy.

Can someone clarify that the chest and belt light up? I ordered the EX and I'm excited because hell go great with HT Anakin when it's released in 2036.

Bummed about them not posting a full face shot. Even from the side it does not look like Anakin from ROTJ. I'm guessing they improvised and that this is the face between movies?

Why don't we just take a small safe pointed object and gently tuck the pants into the boots? Sounds easy yet SS neglected to do this. The normal fans won't notice these things...I think the production photos are either rushed or lazy.

Can someone clarify that the chest and belt light up? I ordered the EX and I'm excited because hell go great with HT Anakin when it's released in 2036.

Bummed about them not posting a full face shot. Even from the side it does not look like Anakin from ROTJ. I'm guessing they improvised and that this is the face between movies?

The chest, belt and base all light up.

There are people in this world who live for the moment and enjoy their existence. There other people who just love to complain about everything and try and make other people feel as bad as they do.

It's a plastic toy. It's never going to be 100% accurate. Were the Kenner toys we all enjoyed as kids accurate? Not even close, yet we all loved them. Why have so many become negative and cynical as they became adults? It's a toy. Nothing more.

This might not be the best vader ever, but I'm almost 40 years old. My grandfather died at 45 from a heart attack, my uncle at 47 from a heart attack. I think I'm going to order this and enjoy it while I'm still alive...I could die tomorrow. It's a toy and nothing more. If people are seeking perfection in a piece of plastic mass produced in china then they might want to rethink their expectations.

So true. Buy a Mustang GT while you're at it. I'm serious. No flaming intended.:)

The chest, belt and base all light up.

As do both the Imperial base and the mediation chamber base.

No the light saber does not.

Yes, most of us are glad about that. :lol

I'd get an Audi r8 first. That's my dream car.

That works too!

Btw, the sideshow site says chest box with lights but the belts says: light effects. I'm kinda thinking the belt may be painted to look lit up like the first Vader? I really hope there's tiny batteries in the two.

Ugh they need to update the description better.

No because I teach college art history and all the kids are wearing their pants like that. Lol

That works too!

Btw, the sideshow site says chest box with lights but the belts says: light effects. I'm kinda thinking the belt may be painted to look lit up like the first Vader? I really hope there's tiny batteries in the two.

Creighton, yer starting to get on my nerves. :gah: (;))

The belt boxes AND the chest piece DO IN FACT LIGHT UP. The pics prolly are aided by some photoshop to appear lit, but when this goes in to production they will light up.

The belt boxes and chest piece will.

Light up.

The belt boxes and chest piece will will light up.

With lights.

:lecture

That works too!

A few pages back SS Alex confirmed light up chest box and belt (along with both bases and no light up lightsaber).

Back