Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe I am saying this..but I think I am going to pass...I like my original just fine..I wont display him without the mask...and I could pickup the chest and belt parted out if I really wanted them..truth be told I would turn them on once and then never again.

Folks have been waiting on this figure for a long time. When it finally does surface, it's an amateur-hour hodge-podge of inconsistent and poorly resolved details and pics that comes with a stratospheric (by sideshow's standards) MSRP. If you're happy with what you see, cool. Others in turn are obviously free to offer their negative summations.

Agreed. SS should have handled this reveal better and listed all the accessories in such a way that it is clear what comes with the figure. While several things about this version of Vader are inaccurate to the source material, HT would be the next best option and I don't see them making a Vader for a very long time if ever.

Overall I can live with what we are getting here and think it will look great on the shelf as long as the factory delivers.

I know all the pics were already show... but they couldn't give us a full front shot of the face???

I'll be buying anyway. I'm just in no hurry.

lemmings....lol People complain for a paragraph and then end it with..."I still ordered it" lol This is why we get higher and higher prices and lower and lower quality...its allowed..hell it is promoted.

I think someone pointed out the little details all added together make for a big fail in my opinion.
After waiting this long and to end with this shabby attempt is quite embarrassing especially given that price. That wrinkly jumpsuit alone is a disgrace. Gutted really as I need a decent 1/6 version of Vader in my collection :(

lemmings....lol People complain for a paragraph and then end it with..."I still ordered it" lol This is why we get higher and higher prices and lower and lower quality...its allowed..hell it is promoted.

Initially I was going to wait for in hand pics before I ordered but I decided to order now with the hope that a few of the inaccuracies will get tweaked during production. If that doesn't happen and I don't like what I see when I get it in hand then I will just return it for a refund.

The baggy jumpsuit is killing me :/
How could SS pass that as acceptable? Very strange.

Well I think the majority of us have already expressed that the bagginess is ok since it brings a good trade off of extra poseability than you would expect Vader to have. I guess it's a question of taste and preference.

I'm here to lodge a complaint about the complainers complaining. Ok, that's handled.
Now: For the buyers, if you get it in hand and don't like it, you can always sell it for a *slight* profit on the DARK SIDE of ebay.
I just PO'd with this philosophy, mainly because the mystical, atmospheric, dark, somber, moody, ominous SS photos... SUCK.
They don't show the product.

Buying multiple is probably the way to go, because once this thing is in-hand and out of stock, I can see an easy $350 sale on eBay. ;) The severed glove/hand alone should be an easy sell at $50. Folks are paying that much for Sandtrooper pauldrons.

Back