Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received vader today and all I can say is wow. It's so freaking awesome and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on him. Tbh I think I'm done collecting for the foreseeable future. Vader is the one figure I really really wanted and now it's on my shelf.

Anything else would just be excess and I'd prob just feel buyers remorse. The only thing that may get me back into buying is a perfect ROTS Anakin figure or that rumored ROTS Vader with operating table. Maybe even Jedi Luke, Dooku, or ROTS Obi-Wan as well. But i doubt those PT figs will even be made. Only sure thing is Jedi Luke atm.

My hat is off to SS though. I was blown away by everything, even the packaging. 10/10. I'd also like to thank Nyroame for being such a good poster to deal with. Everything arrived perfect and he gave me a great deal.

received this bad ass yesterday ....its freaking awesome... i dont think i will need HT vader

This Vader will be as good as HT...they'll both have flaws...so why wait?

Received vader today and all I can say is wow. It's so freaking awesome and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on him. Tbh I think I'm done collecting for the foreseeable future. Vader is the one figure I really really wanted and now it's on my shelf.

Anything else would just be excess and I'd prob just feel buyers remorse. The only thing that may get me back into buying is a perfect ROTS Anakin figure or that rumored ROTS Vader with operating table. Maybe even Jedi Luke, Dooku, or ROTS Obi-Wan as well. But i doubt those PT figs will even be made. Only sure thing is Jedi Luke atm.

My hat is off to SS though. I was blown away by everything, even the packaging. 10/10. I'd also like to thank Nyroame for being such a good poster to deal with. Everything arrived perfect and he gave me a great deal.

Congrats guys. :hi5:

After seeing the outrageous price on the Hot Toys Vader, I'm really considered on getting this one. Those who have him, is he a good representation of vader in hand?

Aside from the height (and keeping in mind HT's will be just as tall), I'm very happy with mine. The flare on the gloves bothers me a little bit but I am OK with the suit (some people dislike it). In-hand, it looks pretty fantastic in a low light with the belt and chest lights. They did a great job with the cape, as well. You can find quite a few good deals on this figure second-hand, so hunt around.

The HT one has sound effects and an LED-lit saber. The sound might be cool if it's on a remote control, otherwise not so great. The LED saber is likely going to look like total crap. The saber hilt appears to be the wrong scale/proportions which was also the case for Bespin Luke's. The shin guards look like they have more detail than Sideshow's.

The body suit looks pretty good in some of those photos, which is the most appealing thing to me - might be worth getting the suit later on parted out.

Like all HT releases, it will have issues too, but it does look decent so far.

I got another question, on sideshow it says that he's on Pre-order for the 1st quarter of 2015, and people have him. So is it like some sort of back-order?

Now that Hot Toys is officially released, price, gimmicks and all, this figure looks a hulluva lot better.

By my count this may actually be the third run. The second was this summer. No idea what's up with their production schedules, super strange. Next week we'll be at one year since the original shipping date.

By my count this may actually be the third run. The second was this summer. No idea what's up with their production schedules, super strange. Next week we'll be at one year since the original shipping date.

If they can keep the price at $50 cheaper than HT, might as well do a 4th run. :lecture

Yeah I only decided on this one after seeing how meh and generic hot toys vader looks. I padded the groin and forearms last night so now my only criticisms are gone. Def the best representation of vader available IMO. Good deals can be had on eBay and from fellow freaks if you're willing to do some hunting.

Glad to see that the Hot Toys announcement hasn't obliterated interest in this version....I'm quite happy with it as the 1:6 scale representative of Lord Vader in my collection...I think it's a great figure.

Back