Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About how often do new codes come along? Is it usually just a once a month kind of thing? Or a holiday thing?

There's normally 1 per month. The "NEWYEAR15" code is good till tonight 12:00am PT. They'll probably be another one good for the rest of January, but that's just a guess on my part.

Vader has been a big miss in my collection. After weighing out everything I decided to go with this over the Hot Toys. Much more bang for the buck and the reviews sound very favorable.

Vader has been a big miss in my collection. After weighing out everything I decided to go with this over the Hot Toys. Much more bang for the buck and the reviews sound very favorable.

With a little futzing this is a great figure. Surprisingly good value nowadays.

With a little futzing this is a great figure. Surprisingly good value nowadays.

Yeah, who would have thought $250 for a figure would seem like great value.:slap:lol

Even the Tauntaun is looking like a steal.

Considering how disappointed I am with HT's, and seeing King's excellent modded ESB Vader, I'm starting to consider getting this one instead of waiting on HT's ESB Vader.

Here's King's Vader:

I was surprised how happy I was with Vader stock out of the box (given all the criticisms), but with slight modifications it is even better. That said, I am in the process of paring down what I have to make room for what is coming, so will be selling my Ex for $200.00 US, if there are any Canucks interested (shipping doesn't make it worthwhile for US Freaks, I don't think). Couple things that should be reviewed but PM me if interested. I won't mention it again, as I hate seeing the reg threads bumped with posts like this, but there have been so many people commenting now that they're in the market for one that I figured I should advise.

That is a great looking Vader. And it's amazing how much difference a simple, natural pose like that can really make to the figure.

I tried a similar kind of thing with mine (for those who didn't see it in the mod thread):

IMAG2287 (467x800).jpg

Considering how disappointed I am with HT's, and seeing King's excellent modded ESB Vader, I'm starting to consider getting this one instead of waiting on HT's ESB Vader.

I am completely with you. I have just been looking through this thread and looking at what mods can be done. with the HT one coming out now, theres potentially a chance to get a good deal on a vader as people look to trade up to the hot toys. I'm not fussed about sounds or a light up lightsaber, and with a few modifications the sideshow ones can look just as good. Theres a few good deals I'm watching on the ebay at the moment!

Can anyone who has the ESB/ROTJ figure confirm if the robes can be rearranged to be like the original ANH version, with the robes over the chest armour?

I've taken mine apart a few times, and looks like it should be possible. The only problem is the armor is thicker and sits a bit higher, which means the robes will be pulled up higher off the ground as well (and they already seem a tad bit short to me as it is).

Here's King's Vader:

Wow, the cape hangs so natural! Are those the iforigno cape and robe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, the cape hangs so natural! Are those the iforigno cape and robe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that is iforigno's robe/cape. They are $70 a set I think.

Is there a reason why the SSC ANH body has a SSC ESB head?

Back