Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering how disappointed I am with HT's, and seeing King's excellent modded ESB Vader, I'm starting to consider getting this one instead of waiting on HT's ESB Vader.

Here's King's Vader:

Looks amazing. We def need King to hook us up with the mod info. I was waiting for HT to release their version, but for the price, the SSC one still seems like the better value. In another month I'll have $100 in rewards; think I'll be adding SSC Vader to the fold. HT just seems like I'm paying $50 more for gimmicks nobody needs.

Wow, the cape hangs so natural! Are those the iforigno cape and robe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that is iforigno's robe/cape. They are $70 a set I think.

Is there a reason why the SSC ANH body has a SSC ESB head?

So long as you don't get a frayed one, I found the stock cape to be one of the best stock capes on any figure. I got an iforigno Batman cape, but left my Vader stock.

That's my ANH Vader on a KP-02 body with iforigno's cape and tunic. That shot had Sideshow's ESB/RotJ dome and mask though for whatever reason I did it at the time.

That's my ANH Vader on a KP-02 body with iforigno's cape and tunic. That shot had Sideshow's ESB/RotJ dome and mask though for whatever reason I did it at the time.

I really hate that I know this stuff enough to tell the SSC ANH helmet from the SSC ESB/ROTJ helmet at that distance.:lol

Looks great and those iforigno capes are really nice once fully futzed.:clap

guys im not feeling the love for the hot toys version , I prefer my SSC deluxe with 2009 ssc body suit and lowered dome.

heres mine ( new photos )

10006626_850806221608214_2920855147944311855_n.jpg

10926229_850806284941541_2500878331060560305_n.jpg

10929896_850806368274866_7473056227350686908_n.jpg

1509139_850806421608194_5447038610472470985_n.jpg

Yeah I'm not too crazy about the body suit that came with mine either. But I can't see myself buying a whole Vader figure just to get a better suit from it.

Shame there's probably nothing you can do the current suit to make it look more like the old one. Other than just try to scrunch up and wrinkle the crap out of it first. Lol :p

Why the KP-02 instead of the TTM-20? Just curious as I've been considering a body swap too.

How does that V1 vader suit fit the new one? I thought he was a lot taller. Also, how do you lower the dome? Is that an easy mod?

Why the KP-02 instead of the TTM-20? Just curious as I've been considering a body swap too.

I didn't do a body swap , I don't see the need for it , plus then you have make sure all the holes and pegs fit the ttm 20.

once the V1 suit is on no more mods are required for the body ( my opinion anyway) /

How does that V1 vader suit fit the new one? I thought he was a lot taller. Also, how do you lower the dome? Is that an easy mod?

hi , it fits perfectly on the KP02 body you should try it . Once its on you realise how awesome it looks compared to the new deluxe suit . , I actually compared both SSC bodies and they are almost the same height . The 2009 suit when putting it on gets tight when pulling it over the shoulder area but once its past the shoulders it fits amazingly . I didn't have to cut or mod the old suit at all. Also What I did was use the existing dome on the Deluxe head and put that dome onto the V1 . Then used the spare Deluxe dome and glued it onto the deluxe masked head. Then used the V1 dome to have on that light up display thing . That way nothing is wasted .

another thing that blew me away was the lines on the gloves match up perfectly to the old body suit. And thanks to the new suit , the gloves don't look like huge oven mits anymore :)

hi , it fits perfectly on the KP02 body you should try it . Once its on you realise how awesome it looks compared to the new deluxe suit . , I actually compared both SSC bodies and they are almost the same height . The 2009 suit when putting it on gets tight when pulling it over the shoulder area but once its past the shoulders it fits amazingly . I didn't have to cut or mod the old suit at all. Also What I did was use the existing dome on the Deluxe head and put that dome onto the V1 . Then used the spare Deluxe dome and glued it onto the deluxe masked head. Then used the V1 dome to have on that light up display thing . That way nothing is wasted .

Gotcha. I don't have a V1. Wonder if I can buy just a suit somewhere. I thought the mod only involved the V2 helmet and a dremel. I need to read through that mods thread here

I didn't do a body swap , I don't see the need for it , plus then you have make sure all the holes and pegs fit the ttm 20.

once the V1 suit is on no more mods are required for the body ( my opinion anyway) /

I was asking King Darkness about the body swap he did but you've got some great info. I picked up the ANH suit off eBay a few months ago for a steal. I'm planning on changing the suit because it looks so much better and fixes the glove issue completely.

I also picked up some ANH shin guards because the have much better detail than the ESB/RotJ ones.

I'm considering a body swap to get his height down so he scales better to Stormtroopers. If I was displaying him alone I wouldn't put in the effort.

replacing the mid section with a regular TT midsection shaves off quite a bit of height. If you have a spare that is.

Thanks. I don't have any spares, this would be my first mod. Maybe I'll start a thread for one one the WTB section.

Is replacing a midsection something difficult to do?

Back