Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder why so many problems with missing tusks, the clamshell box was badly designed. It puts pressure on the tusks.

The figure I have here is 353mm from heel to dome. Feet, knees, hips & head are in their sockets. :dunno

I do know how to use steel rule too. I can even say it right. :dance

Well, I can categorically say mine is 13.5". And we say steel ruler where I live, trust me I used one for 4 years in design college. :lol
:dance

I'm sure you say that to all the ladies at the bar. ;)

Hmm.. We're all talking about the same figure, right? Kenner 1978 Chewbacca.

I did all the shiny dome, 13.5", head not leaning to one side Vader/***** jokes a few pages back... :lol
And I would love a Kenner Vintage 12" Chewie. :(

Does anyone offhand know the type or the size of batteries that the chest Lite up feature uses? Mine is not working after I tried removing the plastic tab.

Mine do not seem to work either. I have taken out the batteries and changed them with fresh ones and still don't work. And the tusk is broken on he mask....but on the plus side, my cape is in excellent condition. Time to email SSC!

Also, I'm not sure about the West Coast, but for the 1/6 figures, it ships through Fed-Ex, and I've never had to pay any duty. Just the shipping charges which are usually $25.

You're pretty lucky, then. I'm in Calgary and have only escaped duty maybe twice out of say ten figures.

I get hit every time by Fed Ex, I set up an account so I don't have to pay the $10 processing charge...but Fed Ex screws up the taxes everytime and over charges. It took 18 days last time to get it corrected. I really wish SSC would offer another shipping choice for Canada.

Forgot to show my pics, sorry they are instagram pics, but anyway love this figure, great job sideshow!

eyxd.jpg

ei1x.jpg

2wor.jpg

Hmm, I really wonder what's going on. That's just a hair over 13 7/8", more than 3/8" taller than the 13.5" a number of people have reported, and measured in a very precise fashion from their description.

I'm confused. Where are you guys measuring to? Out of box, mine was 14.25" from ground to highest point of dome. Seeing this 13.5" stuff caused me to revisit it. I pushed down on mine and the shoulder armor seemed to lower a bit and bring the head down with it. Kept pushing, something popped. Maybe a foot peg wasn't in all the way, he did seem to be a little lopsided at first and stands more evenly now. Even so, he's still every bit of 14" to top of dome. If I measure to the intersection between the top of the mask eyes and the front edge of the helmet, it's right at 13". When I look at where 13.5" hits, there is no landmark there. It's just right in the middle of his dome. I don't understand where the 13.5" talk is coming from.

IMG_20140123_195300_735.jpg

Will sideshow make us ship back the entire figure if the electric box isn't working?

Will sideshow make us ship back the entire figure if the electric box isn't working?

No, they'll just send you a replacement box and ask you show proof you destroyed the defective one after you receive the replacement within a couple weeks or so.

I'm also waiting to hear back from them on a replacement chest box.

For the particular case of the chest box and belt, it seems like a waste to destroy those pieces when they could probably be easily fixed. If I were Sideshow I would mail out a replacement, then ask for the faulty piece to be mailed back instead of destroyed and have someone there have a go at fixing them. It's probably just a loose wire or something simple like that. And I can't imagine sending back that small piece would be expensive to mail.

The way things are going, they're probably going to deplete their replacement parts in no time. It wouldn't hurt for them to have the refurbished pieces waiting when they run out of the legitimate replacement pieces.

my darth vader it has been very unlucky...

there was a mouse in the box and he has gnawed the cape and he has eaten one the tusk on the first head...

then he was furious and he has given an headshot to the second dome and now is scuffed..

I've killed the mouse but now my vader is injured..

i'm sure people have mentioned this but one small thing i really dig about this new vader is the chain for the cape and how noticeable it is...............a small detail but to me just an extra cool detail that really steps this release up.

Back