Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will that code work with other figures?

Many other figures, yes. Best to try it first and see if it takes. For instance, Hoth Han was NOT listed as one of the items it would work on -- but it did.

Thanks. I just did this. I appreciate you guys posting these codes. :)

Pleasure. Every little bit helps, right?

Shocked no one has posted the new Sideshow Indy in here to show what the new Sideshow Han Hoth will most likely look like.

3914_press06-900x600.jpg

39141_press02-399x600.jpg

I didn't think they bothered with the new eye method for the prototypes. Maybe I'm wrong but the vader reveal sculpt seem to have that similar shiny eyed look and those aren't the new system. I wish SS would take higher quality pics like the HT ones. Never seem to have a sharp shot of the head sculpt. The in progress one looks much higher res.

I didn't think they bothered with the new eye method for the prototypes. Maybe I'm wrong but the vader reveal sculpt seem to have that similar shiny eyed look and those aren't the new system. I wish SS would take higher quality pics like the HT ones. Never seem to have a sharp shot of the head sculpt. The in progress one looks much higher res.

Not generally... the eyes happen in production. Although with Han and Luke, I believe the heads are sculpted as a separate face, helmet and hair. So at least what was originally intended by the sculptor will be what goes into production, unlike the hack job they did with Drake.

They got pushed back again... Han now in February, Luke in March... Those sculpts must have been close to the Drake disaster to need extra time like this...

I expect a June/July release...:slap

Yeah, I saw that awhile back... Tauntaun is now in January as well. Odd how these big one-off items tend to get released before the accompanying figures :lol

I've posted this a few times, but I took some screengrabs from Optobotimus' review of Superman and honestly the paint work and eyes on the head look good. I'd love some nicely lit photos, but even from the bright video review I'm impressed:

If Han and Luke are painted this well then we might be in business... although knowing sideshow Han and Luke will be the bad quality paint work to follow up good. Of if the paint is good the bodies will be crap :lol

068bfb1f-f278-4dde-b9b5-5a430c059ebe_zpsf6cec9c1.png

5fbcb0e2-f534-4518-bcdc-8a86ac6a1b7d_zps33dc386f.png

Not generally... the eyes happen in production. Although with Han and Luke, I believe the heads are sculpted as a separate face, helmet and hair. So at least what was originally intended by the sculptor will be what goes into production, unlike the hack job they did with Drake.

Yeah, I saw that awhile back... Tauntaun is now in January as well. Odd how these big one-off items tend to get released before the accompanying figures :lol

I've posted this a few times, but I took some screengrabs from Optobotimus' review of Superman and honestly the paint work and eyes on the head look good. I'd love some nicely lit photos, but even from the bright video review I'm impressed:

If Han and Luke are painted this well then we might be in business... although knowing sideshow Han and Luke will be the bad quality paint work to follow up good. Of if the paint is good the bodies will be crap :lol

068bfb1f-f278-4dde-b9b5-5a430c059ebe_zpsf6cec9c1.png

5fbcb0e2-f534-4518-bcdc-8a86ac6a1b7d_zps33dc386f.png

wait, are Supes eyes blue or brown?

That's a very nice likeness but the finish/paint definitely looks a bit Hasbro/Mattel, not high-end equivalent to HT.

Very disappointed but at this point the only thing we can rely on is that Sideshow's paint apps are going to but just ugh! No matter how many pictures you show, people will still buy SS figures, just look at Drake it sold out didn't it? Are these figures going to be shelf warmers? Prob. not.

Vinyl head bootleggers on eBay manage better skin/paint than either of those.
:lol:goodpost::exactly:

People should not buy a loaded $200 Sideshow figure because one feature of it doesn't match the quality of a barebones $240 Hot Toys figure (or $1000 custom)?

People should not buy a loaded $200 Sideshow figure because one feature of it doesn't match the quality of a barebones $240 Hot Toys figure (or $1000 custom)?

I see your point but are people solely buying a figure because of the coat and accessories? Or because it actually looks like the person it represents? Like if you were showing these figures to someone are you going to ignore that it doesn't look like the actor or point out all the accessories that most keep in the box and don't display anyways.

That's a very nice likeness but the finish/paint definitely looks a bit Hasbro/Mattel, not high-end equivalent to HT.
Ditto.

I would like to buy everything, but looking at the crazy prices that are coming and will come in the future, if this is the quality of the offering I'd rather save that 200$ for the 240$ Hot Toys one. :dunno

Edit: I mean, I will surely keep my current POs (Han included), that's my position for future releases.

Back