Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's snake. Really hoping Han has a better paint app.
attachment.php

Not bad. Better than Supes, I think. But definitely room for improvement. And infinitely better than Drake!

That head looks like a TRU toy. Or the fancy cap for a kiddie shampoo bottle.

If Han's head looks like that for $200, I'm done with Sideshow 1/6th. I just have to be.

If you could free yourself of Hoth.... you'd be free from Luke Hoth, Han Hoth, Snowtrooper, Probot, Taun Taun, possible Hoth Leia and Rebel Soldier. That's a lot of money. Almost pays for the new HT ANH hero collection.

People should not buy a loaded $200 Sideshow figure because one feature of it doesn't match the quality of a barebones $240 Hot Toys figure (or $1000 custom)?

Yeah, but paint and head are pretty significant... on Drake both were off and it really was a deal breaker. Or at least it would have been if I had any interest in owning Drake :lol But if I got a Han with a ****ed up face and paint like Drake I'd be pretty pissed. At $220 there is no excuse for Sideshow to deliver anything less than HT, although we all know that they will.

Best case scenario is a head with Superman level paint... which is at least acceptable. Snake level, I can deal with but still it needs to be a bit better at this price point.

When ESB Han came out, it was a bad looking sculpt, even for the time... but for $55 I really wasn't that bothered. Could it have been better, sure, but at that point just getting any decent custom head would have cost at least $25 for a blank resin copy and another $35 to $60 for a paint job from one of the boardies. So at $15 less for a full figure than it would cost to get just a painted head I'm good with a fat-faced Han :lol

But $200 for a ****ed up figure is just doesn't wash out IMO.

I don't think you'll get a Hoth Luke from HT with three heads for $240.

And we wouldn't get that from Sideshow anymore either... with barebones X-Wing Luke being $240 ($10 less than a very loaded Commando figure) you are just not getting a similar value.

If you could free yourself of Hoth.... you'd be free from Luke Hoth, Han Hoth, Snowtrooper, Probot, Taun Taun, possible Hoth Leia and Rebel Soldier. That's a lot of money. Almost pays for the new HT ANH hero collection.

Yeah, but the probe droid and snowtrooper are pretty awesome figures :lol Probe's overpriced and feels kind of cheap, but honestly looks great on display. And the Snowtrooper (aside from that ****ing rubber mask) is a damn good figure.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Sideshow owns me at this point and I'll need to see this Hoth thing through to the bitter end :lol

There doesn't seem to be much paint on either Snake or Superman in those pictures. Just a rubber look and shadows from the light. Clear Commander Ganch vibes. Now Ganch isn't that bad, at all (for a Sideshow clone). But not up to par with what's excpected now.

Commander_Ganch_Sideshow_Collectibles_Celebration_VI-13.JPG

Pic stolen from rebelscum

Yeah, but the probe droid and snowtrooper are pretty awesome figures :lol Probe's overpriced and feels kind of cheap, but honestly looks great on display. And the Snowtrooper (aside from that ****ing rubber mask) is a damn good figure.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Sideshow owns me at this point and I'll need to see this Hoth thing through to the bitter end :lol

I think the only reason Hoth is so popular among the fans is all the bitchin' stuff the Empire has in those scenes. The rebels have what, the Snowspeeder and K-3PO that looks kinda cool?

Yep, I'm definitely happy with a couple Snowtroopers, E-Web and Probot. No need for the Rebels or Tauntaun (especially @ $700.00 plus shipping, etc). Sideshow's in for a world of hurt if their Luke and Han look like Supes or Plisskin. I think that would be the case even w/o HT getting into the market.

Yep. Could see the Hoth Rebel stuff getting slashed and dumped @ Spooktacular, unless the headsculpts are a pleasant surprise.

Only Hoth Imperial I cared about was the Snowtrooper.

But...why? :dunno

Yeah, but paint and head are pretty significant... on Drake both were off and it really was a deal breaker.

It's a long way from "not as good as HT" to "as bad as Drake.

And we wouldn't get that from Sideshow anymore either...

No, but we are getting it with Hoth Luke.

That head looks like a TRU toy. Or the fancy cap for a kiddie shampoo bottle.

If Han's head looks like that for $200, I'm done with Sideshow 1/6th. I just have to be.

:goodpost::exactly: Glad to hear it man, I can't believe the cult like following SS gets on here sometimes, just look at the Plisskin video review people are starting to sound like those A$$ kissers on Da Bomb Show. Except they aren't even getting free figures from SS :lol

You know, even if Han and Luke look accurate, if they look like that -- meaning like a plastic toy -- its just as bad as having a weak likeness.

The thing is to me the likeness is weak on those figures, but gets a pass cause they seem like more stylized to the days of old SS SW figures which I think is kinda cool. But that kinda niche stuff wont fly with the stuff HT comes out with from time to time. Hot Toys has awful figures too plenty but their worst still looks better than Sideshow's best offerings.

Back