Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancelled Han, ordered Ben. All in a day's work.

d165129c077b7333cc03b5ecfffda74f1a5607232f9ab6652348d76111f55a9f.jpg

Great pics Paramore. This figure is a crying shame... a pretty good likeness, but the eyes give it that thousand yard stare you get after a rough weekend where you've hardly slept.

Wow. I haven't bought a SS human 1/6 scale figure in many, many, many years. They've come a long way. Glad I've got this on order.

I'm not to bothered by the eyes. Paramoremcr88 says they don't look too bad in person.

My plan was to (hopefully) get a Tauntaun so Han would likely wear his googles on that. There is also the Ex bonus sculpt that may not be so wide eyed.

If Luke turns out the same I had been planing on using the wampa damage sculpt and recreating the ghost Obiwan scene with Hot Toys Obiwan. So wide eyes works for that.

I still stand by my initial thoughts. I think it's an excellent release. I like the sculpt and paint apps. The hood could do with more of a fur lining. I wasn't going to keep him, I was only getting to photograph but I've decided he's staying now and I've just got on the WL for the EX Luke to go with him.

Good to know, thank you for taking the time for all of us here. Great shots.

Part of me wishes this was an easy call one way or the other as to keeping or cancelling. I think the fact that it looks pretty good makes the call even tougher, as I feared.

Good to know... sometimes what looks bad in a photo is fine in person. Or at the very least we get a bit desensitized to it over the coming weeks :lol

On display at viewing distance im sure he looks all kind of kickass (could say that about many figures I suppose) but at these prices distance shouldnt have to be relied on. If I dont get han, no luke, no luke, no taun taun. Im very pro sideshow but just cant pull the trigger on these. I would rather have the ratchett kness back than this new eye system. If the new eye system proto matched the final figure it would be a no brainer insta-buy.

Part of me wishes this was an easy call one way or the other as to keeping or cancelling. I think the fact that it looks pretty good makes the call even tougher, as I feared.

Core 12 from ANH: Pretty good makes the cut

Everyone else: Pretty good = pass (especially at current prices)

:lecture

If the eyes still look bad in Jason's pics then there is no hope.
His pics would make a potato look impressive.

Seeing his pic that has the top half of the face in shadow is really saddening, it shows what a **** up the eyes are.
The eyes do something to the overall expression that I hate, his weird face actually irritates me, like Drakes did.

My Drake ended up thrown back in a parts box and hidden from view. I fear this head will be the same. Not sure if I should cancel or keep order and replace Solo head. Along with Bespin Luke, one of my favourite SW trails. What a waste of cash though?

I still stand by my initial thoughts. I think it's an excellent release. I like the sculpt and paint apps. The hood could do with more of a fur lining. I wasn't going to keep him, I was only getting to photograph but I've decided he's staying now and I've just got on the WL for the EX Luke to go with him.

Yeah but they really don't bother me too much. I think it's a great likeness. I know others will feel the opposite but for me, I'm very happy to have him. And luckily I have no preference to coat colour either ;)

:lecture One in-hand opinion beats twenty opinions of pics.

Yes, that does appear to the the photo HT used as ref for the Ben sculpt - nailed! (kidding):lol

On display at viewing distance im sure he looks all kind of kickass (could say that about many figures I suppose) but at these prices distance shouldnt have to be relied on. If I dont get han, no luke, no luke, no taun taun. Im very pro sideshow but just cant pull the trigger on these. I would rather have the ratchett kness back than this new eye system. If the new eye system proto matched the final figure it would be a no brainer insta-buy.

Yeah, these ultra close-ups should definitely be taken with a grain of salt - it's like people who still aren't seeing Guiness in the revised HT Ben sculpt in those ultra-huge close-ups. At normal 1/6 size in-hand, and at normal viewing distance (i.e. a couple of feet) both HT Ben and this Hoth Han are going to look great.

...I hope.:lol

:lecture One in-hand opinion beats twenty opinions of pics.

Yes, that does appear to the the photo HT used as ref for the Ben sculpt - nailed! (kidding):lol

Yeah, these ultra close-ups should definitely be taken with a grain of salt - it's like people who still aren't seeing Guiness in the revised HT Ben sculpt in those ultra-huge close-ups. At normal 1/6 size in-hand, and at normal viewing distance (i.e. a couple of feet) both HT Ben and this Hoth Han are going to look great.

Depends if you have Drake or Snake though? Drake is worse in hand then in pics. And as I mentioned it's what the eyes do to the overall expression, makes it look creepy?

Oh, wow, another Sideshow figure you don't like. Shocker :lol

'Only the Sith deal in absolutes.'

Seriously, why bother quoting me saying this figure has 'a pretty good likeness' then boiling my comments down to the conclusion that I just don't like it? Why does it have to be love or hate for figures, why can't a response be more nuanced than that?

EDIT: Sorry to talk fancy at you.

Back