Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by pics of snake, some people might get figures with eyes like they are on the right and some will get their figure with eyes as they are on the left. It'll be interesting.

Impossible. Isn't the separate eyes simply a piece that fits in place like a puzzle piece? There can't be any movement or the eyes will end up being recessed or oddly placed.

If they work like Grievous' eyes there's really no room to adjust. The only option would be to repaint the eyes entirely... which for some will be easier with the removeable piece.

Figure seems okay, this is not a $200 figure, maybe if you got the Exclusive with the unhatted head, it would up the value some.

Realistically, it doesn't make sense for SSC to say "Let's take the most universally unpopular aspect of Hot Toys' figures, separate eyeballs, and add them to our figures."

I would wager that SSC was brainstorming with their factory on ways to make the figures better and the factory communicated that it would be easier to paint the eyes if they were a separate piece, and this was the result. So, they sculpted up a bunch of heads with separate eyes, so at this point, it's their only option. I would imagine now, at this point, they've gone back to one piece heads, and we won't see the result of that until maybe this SDCC or next. Even if they went back to doing one piece heads today, we won't see the fruition of that for at least a year or so.

:rotfl I think you're right on with everything you said.

Sideshow loves giving Ford huge eyes.

legendary_indy1.jpg

I remember that! That was SDCC 2012! They've been trying this crappy technique since back then and they still haven't gotten it right!

I saw a guy on SSC Superman thread (Username if I remember correctly) who simply removed the inner eye piece replacing the eyes with some mini white balls with painted iris, obtaining a sort of PERS effect.

Wait, that was actually real and not a photoshop?? Holy crap.

Oh, yes! It's the Legendary Scale Indy. It wasn't really shown during SDCC, but some shots were taken of it during preview night when Sideshow was still unpacking and setting up. I'm sure you can imagine the comments that piece got on the forum. Sideshow must have seen the terrible feedback and decided to pack it back up and not show it during the event. I don't think it's been seen or heard from ever again!

Here's a link to the thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/indiana-jones/101203-indy-legendary-scale-probably-anymore-19.html

It does looks a bit like an embalmed corpse, I just didn't want to go there. ;)
Best stunt double likeness ever.
...It's just funny to me that now that SSC is taking photos of the final product, people are still haranguing them about it. You folks will just never be happy. It's no wonder SSC doesn't give these complainers any credence. They'll never stop.

But you said it looked like a reanimated corpse? WTF. Are there two of you posting on here?
Will the real Pixelpiper please put his hand up. :lol

Last edited:
Screw it, I deleted most of my post as this is always a giant waste of time.

But you said it looked like a reanimated corpse? WTF. :lol

:slap Rory is the king of 'out of context,' misquoting and complete fabrication. It's the only thing he has talent and passion for. Again, super sad, especially for everyone else in the forum.

I apologize to everyone else for having to regularly read his pathetic snipes, but apparently he has a twisted crush and just can't leave it alone. Just report them if they get too bothersome.

Last edited:
Ok guys I'll take a couple and post them in a bit.

No, this is only the reg Han and just has the one sculpt. :( The EX brown has the extra sculpt.

Really looking forward to seeing the Bespin jacket in your pics - mostly because it's looking like it'll only be you and me that will have it in-hand!:lol

Back