Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's even doing the infamous Harrison Ford 'finger of doom'... I didn't notice before.

Come to think of it... THAT is an accessory we all need! HT and SS failed to recognized the humor in adding an extra hand with the dreaded digit of directed disgruntlement, aka 'finger of doom'... it would truly be a funny accessory for display, pointing at 3PO or (gulp) at YOU!
I know there are 1/6 pointing hands out there- I've seen them... and, the search begins...
Angry-Han-Solo.jpg

Last edited:
Kids back then had much better imaginations. You didn't need molecular exactness. You could imagine it.

Imagination is one of the reasons movies were better in the 80's too.

Yep. Totally agree. We did'nt even notice the continuity errors that are now so painfully obvious after viewing them repeatedly.

[...]The funny thing is, this figure on the tauntaun with all its details is what I think I saw as a kid. Looking at the toys today its a little startling how simple they are. Its not how I remember them. [...]

Same, for the most part...I have a distinct memory of lining up a couple of stormtroopers* (surprise) to approximate that "crowd" or "swarm" effect, and sort of super-imposing my memories of the film on those unarticulated hunks of plastic.

I remember that I never did get a Kraken from Clash Of The Titans** (odd, because I had one hell of a collection back then) but upon seeing one online the other day, I was shocked at how simple it looked as well...in my memories it's covered in scales and crazy detail.

*Funny thing is, in spite of that memory I'm not sure I ever had two stormtroopers as a kid...

**I had two "Thallos" figures from Clash Of The Titans; now that was a confirmed case of army building...

GI Joe in the early 80's always had more articulation than SW figures, some people might argue even more detail, [...]

GI Joe was kind of a game changer for me. I did mix Star Wars and Joes but I remember wishing SW figures were articulated like that. All the vehicles from both lines were awesome, though.

I believe the pointy finger came with the demon batman/Scarecrow set and the T-1000 .
Here:
HOT Toys 1 6 Terminator 2 T1000 Hands 4 Point T2 HT047I | eBay

She's even doing the infamous Harrison Ford 'finger of doom'... I didn't notice before.

Come to think of it... THAT is an accessory we all need! HT and SS failed to recognized the humor in adding an extra hand with the dreaded digit of directed disgruntlement, aka 'finger of doom'... it would truly be a funny accessory for display, pointing at 3PO or (gulp) at YOU!
I know there are 1/6 pointing hands out there- I've seen them... and, the search begins...
View attachment 169070

Last edited:
I saw the pic in the TOD Indy thread, and like I said there I think it's more the bad photo with lens distortion and bad lighting that's making it look worse than it is.

That HT sculpt is arguably a worse likeness than their Indy. Hard to believe. Who took that totally distorted photo of the Hoth Han?

Back