Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Talked to a Sideshow online rep just now and she told me it'd be a couple of weeks as well.

Hopefully we get him soon!

I'm afraid you owe GI Joe an apology.

You're right, I take that back. Don't know what I'm thinking. I started thinking back on things like Storm Shadow's back pack & all of his weapons; All of their accessories actually. The sculpts of the figs were really detailed too. I was also forgetting about the great articulation. They were really amazing 3 3/4 and the vehicles were sick too, especially for that time

GI Joe in the early 80's always had more articulation than SW figures, some people might argue even more detail, but I grew up with Little People and Adventure People, so I didn't mind the straight arms and legs on the Kenner SW line and appreciated their robustness, letting my imagination fill in the rest of the picture as Luke and Han got crushed in the compactor or as the Snowspeeder zoomed around my room. I can even still remember the day that the Hoth Survival gear I sent away for arrived in the mail. Ahh, good times.

That Snowspeeder was the best! One of my favorite childhood toys

I obviously didn't mind the lack of detail on the vintage figures either until the PotF2 figures came out. In addition to their better detailing and accuracy, I liked that they didn't all stand in a rigid straight armed and legged fashion. Once I had that, there was no going back. I suppose that's the way it is with SSC and now HT figures being released. Show of hands, who collected the Hasbro 12" figures? And who still has them proudly on display? Exactly.

All you fancy-schmancy 90's kids :lol

To us late 70's-80's kids, that's all we had and they were fkin' phenomenal! We had yellow light sabers and weird figs like Greedo, Hammerhead and Walrus Man that looked nothing like they did on screen and we loved it!

Those days are long gone :lol:lol

Yeah when you were a kid actually playing with these figures in the 80s, I think all you wanted was something that was a representation of what you saw on screen, so you could create your own little adventures with them and pretend they were the real thing.

It wasn't the same kind of concern that we have now as collectors, where it's all about the detail and accuracy and having something great to display.

Yeah when you were a kid actually playing with these figures in the 80s, I think all you wanted was something that was a representation of what you saw on screen, so you could create your own little adventures with them and pretend they were the real thing.

To us late 70's-80's kids, that's all we had and they were fkin' phenomenal! We had yellow light sabers and weird figs like Greedo, Hammerhead and Walrus Man that looked nothing like they did on screen and we loved it!

Those days are long gone :lol:lol

Kids back then had much better imaginations. You didn't need molecular exactness. You could imagine it.

Imagination is one of the reasons movies were better in the 80's too.

Well back in the 80s, there was no expectation that toys or action figures even COULD look as detailed or super realistic as what we see now. So that made it a whole lot easier to just be happy with what we had. And I honestly don't even remember being bothered by the lack of detail or accuracy on my toys. That was just the way they were supposed to look, as far as I knew.

And if a very basic, poorly detailed Hoth Han from Kenner was the only Hoth Han we could ever have, then fine, we'd take it. :D

I took my Kenner Luke X-Wing and made custom webbing straps and pipes, built up a red raised ridge for the top of the helmet, put in a clear set of goggles, repainted the chest box.:slap:lol Some things never change.

I can't wait to get this in hand so I can mod the hell out of that frizzy mess that is his hood. Might tackle the snow look as well. Great job Para :hi5:

Your snow-job is inspiring para- I'll thoroughly enjoy doing the same to my blue exclusive,
but I think I'll be trimming the fur just a tad...
phyllis-dil.jpg

Back