SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

I'm probably "weird" but I LIKE the sculpt.

It looks like someone that's had a near fatal injury, been kept in brutal conditions and been working 'round the clock on a desperate escape plan. "Edge of the Abyss" Tony Stark, not "Playboy" Tony Stark.

If this falls to $250, I'll get another. One to display helmet up and one to display helmet down.

Cool, so if I still want one one even AFTER I get the Hot Toys 1/6 Mark I, then I'll get one for $250 down the road then... :angelsmil

$250 :horror:horror i don't know about that. don't forget these first have to make it into the consumers hands before they can get that cheap.
ss never knocks down the price of their product that much, so the only way we'll see them that low is if ss stays sold out (which is doubtful) and the consumer is willing to dish out this kinda of $$$ instead of for things like food, shelter etc.

these will be hitting ss by the end of 09, and things are only going to be worse by then.

I cant wait for this piece myself i think it will gain momentum closer to release.

This one is still a good deal away isn't it? Wasn't the first FLEXPay in May?

Regardless, I had to cancel my ex of this...plus the Classic Iron Man exclusive maquette. I'm simply getting crushed at work. Nothing is coming in and I get paid by contract. It really, really pained me canceling these. Hopefully I can get them when things are a little better but I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel with this job. I hope somebody on these boards that got on the waitlist gets these exclusives that I had no choice but to cancel.

Regardless, I had to cancel my ex of this...plus the Classic Iron Man exclusive maquette. I'm simply getting crushed at work. Nothing is coming in and I get paid by contract. It really, really pained me canceling these. Hopefully I can get them when things are a little better but I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel with this job. I hope somebody on these boards that got on the waitlist gets these exclusives that I had no choice but to cancel.

Sorry to hear that. I hope that you can get it in near future when things are getting better. ;)

seen the new pics?

the likeness looks worse IMO. Kind of relieved I cancelled now.

Besides the un-correlated RDJ face sculpt, the anatomically weird gap under his arm, the un-dyamic pose, the boring stand base, I was really annoyed at how long his neck looked or how revealing it was when it first came out, but it seemed they have fixed this problem my stretching his helmet thus making look like there is a conehead under.

Don't get me wrong, the amount of detail put into the suit itself is amazing. I don't think they could have done it any better. The heart even lights up. It's just for the amount of money charged and those reasons I listed above; I think they could have fixed all of that easily because based on the suit alone, I don't doubt the sculptor's expertise and skill.

Maybe I'm wrong and the real one will not look like the prototype but based on the photos, if SS wanted more sales and appraisal, these corrections should have been more evident in their photos.... or maybe they need to fire their photographer.

no matter what, if the likeness is not there then you can forget about it
all these issues would have been overlooked and "tolerated" if the likeness was spot on
Indy had many problems (jacket, colour, etc) but because the face is dead on, those things dont matter as much.

Besides the un-correlated RDJ face sculpt, the anatomically weird gap under his arm, the un-dyamic pose, the boring stand base, I was really annoyed at how long his neck looked or how revealing it was when it first came out, but it seemed they have fixed this problem my stretching his helmet thus making look like there is a conehead under.

Don't get me wrong, the amount of detail put into the suit itself is amazing. I don't think they could have done it any better. The heart even lights up. It's just for the amount of money charged and those reasons I listed above; I think they could have fixed all of that easily because based on the suit alone, I don't doubt the sculptor's expertise and skill.

Maybe I'm wrong and the real one will not look like the prototype but based on the photos, if SS wanted more sales and appraisal, these corrections should have been more evident in their photos.... or maybe they need to fire their photographer.

i thought that the arms looked better in the retakes, but maybe it was just the angle of the pics.

looks lame

IMG_0226.jpg

I AGREE!!!!!

so much of ssc pieces change from production pics to in hand pics, i'm still keeping mine on order at least until i see some in hand pics from people that get these pieces way before us international collectors do.

Back