SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Don't think you should promote, what is pretty much a recast so openly bro.

I'm not promoting this statue, just came across and wanna share with forum friends, that all. :D

It's optional for ppl to decide whether to get it or not, good and bad comment are welcome. :naughty

I'm not promoting this statue, just came across and wanna share with forum friends, that all. :D

It's optional for ppl to decide whether to get it or not, good and bad comment are welcome. :naughty

You have a point but fact is that it is made up of a recasted statue, that's illegal and a big turn off in my book. I look down on this.
You should too, and not tell people how the packaging is perfectly suited for international shipping. I mean:confused::confused:

Don't think you should promote, what is pretty much a recast so openly bro.

i don't know if i'd call it a recast. other that it's most likely not authorized by marvel. it looks totally different than most of the statues out there right now.
but most likely is made by someone that is know for recasting either way.
so kind of a judgement call there.

probably didn't even sell, just trying to drive the selling price up, for when they ramp up production.

i don't know if i'd call it a recast. other that it's most likely not authorized by marvel. it looks totally different than most of the statues out there right now.
but most likely is made by someone that is know for recasting either way.
so kind of a judgement call there.

probably didn't even sell, just trying to drive the selling price up, for when they ramp up production.

Erm i'm pretty sure it's made up of the recasted body parts of the SS comiquette. In my eyes, that means it's still a recast.

Erm i'm pretty sure it's made up of the recasted body parts of the SS comiquette. In my eyes, that means it's still a recast.

I don't care if its a recast. He's not really promoting it that badly. He is just bringing it to our attention. I bought one and will let you know if its worth it. Hopefully it comes in one piece. LOL

I don't care if its a recast. He's not really promoting it that badly. He is just bringing it to our attention. I bought one and will let you know if its worth it. Hopefully it comes in one piece. LOL

Oh then you bought youself a badly done piece IMO.
Well if he got you to buy it, just shows that you're easily persuaded? Easily impressed?
Why do you not care that it's a recast?
You do not feel it's morally incorrect to engage in piracy?

Oh then you bought youself a badly done piece IMO.
Well if he got you to buy it, just shows that you're easily persuaded? Easily impressed?
Why do you not care that it's a recast?
You do not feel it's morally incorrect to engage in piracy?

Well I actually contacted the guy who was selling it. I think it looks nice. I have lots of money to spend. I buy many statues. I do not consider it a recast. IMO a recast has to be pretty close to the original. But if I did not already own a IM EX comiquette I would consider buying a recast. I guess that makes me a horrible person.

Well I actually contacted the guy who was selling it. I think it looks nice. I have lots of money to spend. I buy many statues. I do not consider it a recast. IMO a recast has to be pretty close to the original. But if I did not already own a IM EX comiquette I would consider buying a recast. I guess that makes me a horrible person.

You :rock!!!

I'll have his face covered anyway so it doesn't matter if he doesn't look as good as he should. I just think the sculpture is amazing and being able to see his eyes through the helmet is a great thing, that's why I didn't get the regular version.

700 is actually quite high compare to it's price.. thought this piece ES should be 500 and below...

700 is actually quite high compare to it's price.. thought this piece ES should be 500 and below...

True...200 too much...

I love this piece, but I might cancel due to space...SS mention alot more Iron Man items coming and I rather have a Mark II or III PF scale instead...Will see what I can do about space.

I'll have his face covered anyway so it doesn't matter if he doesn't look as good as he should. I just think the sculpture is amazing and being able to see his eyes through the helmet is a great thing, that's why I didn't get the regular version.

Wait.. the regular doesn't have the eyes showing?

I didn't know the face plate was movable??

Wait.. the regular doesn't have the eyes showing?

I didn't know the face plate was movable??

According to the photos, the regular version has the eyes painted black but the exclusive you can see through. I would never consider getting the regular for that price. I want it close to the real thing as possible. Also remember it will light up. I think it looks amazing, despite the likeness.

cancelled a long time ago (right after i saw the detailed pictures actually)
what a disappointment this was
they hit the nail on likeness with Indy and Arny but they can't get it right for RDJ ???
I mean c'mon!
the guy's features are way more defined than them two.
and if Hot Toys can get it right on a 12" doll they should get it perfect on a $400 statue FFS!

Back