Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i plan on having QMx call me today about possible options, so i will post any information that may be of interest.

I've already been having a few email discussions back and forth with the concierge service.

One idea, which while it may cost a little more, if more ppl wanted it, then it wouldn't just be a one off and hence likely cost so much, so to make a small redesign change to the builders plaque.

At one point there was the option to have your name listed as Captain, I'm told one still can, but then you can't have Nathan sign it. The deal for nathan's signature is that the Captain is listed as Mal.

Needless to say, I'm not giving up the signature. However, I asked if it woudl be possible to add a 'Co-pilot' line and have may name listed as that. Other then the need to redesign the plaque and hence some extra cost, Andy seemed to think that would be doable.

So, if others are interested as well, maybe bring it up and it would no long be a single one off redesign cost, making it cheaper for all of us.

well, due to scheduling conflicts (my fault), i still have yet to talk with qmx. i will have to set up something definitive here very soon!!!

Aww, I feel left out

Darth-

Don't feel left out - I'm sure you will get it at a cheaper price in the future as people start to realize that a $2000 price point is much more than the $200 price point they may be used to for collectables.

also, i read your entry at fireflyshipworks. real nice - including the computer model image. pretty sweet!!! do you get anything by having a top ten entry?

Darth-

Don't feel left out - I'm sure you will get it at a cheaper price in the future as people start to realize that a $2000 price point is much more than the $200 price point they may be used to for collectables.

also, i read your entry at fireflyshipworks. real nice - including the computer model image. pretty sweet!!! do you get anything by having a top ten entry?

Thanks, I got a $10 discount code, not sure if I'll actually get anything though. The only thing they have that I want is the Mal pistol and while it's nice to get $10 off I can't afford the extra.

So boochydog, you had a chat with QMx yet?

Turns out I can't get my name on the main builders plaque, they will be a bulk production and signing by Nathan.

However, another option is to add a second plaque, with my name and the signature of the lead designer that will be building Serenity for me.

I have no problem with the nameplate the way it is, but I can understand people wanting it personalized a bit more.

So far I have been happy with the service that QMx has been providing. They have had pleasant replies to all questions. The real test will be the final product. For example, I have requested that the shuttle take off from the starboard side of the ship, instead of the port side, as in their prototype (to fit with it being Inara's).

If they can follow through with the requests, they will have a lot of happy customers.

So I assume others have got the email from Sideshow about Serenity. She will go up for pre-order this Thursday, but those on the waitlist can get in a little early.

However, here's the real kicker, Sideshows price will be $2700, so now I've saved $700 by ordering direct with QMx and using the discount code.

However, here's the real kicker, Sideshows price will be $2700, so now I've saved $700 by ordering direct with QMx and using the discount code.

Go se.
That doesn't seem to be the way to get more people on board with this piece. I'm glad I hopped on at the same time you did.

Can anyone loan my $2500.00 for this piece? :lol

Seriously though, congrats to all who have/will secure one of these. I can only imagine what the detail will look like in person. It really looks to be an amazing piece. Thank goodness I've limited myself to PFs and maquettes because pieces like these really make collecting dangerous. :lol

Well, you want have too, since I'll take some close up hi-res pics of choice area's once I have mine :D

That will be awesome i'd love to get one of these but can't go blowing that much cash on one thing. :(

Congrats to all you lucky people that are getting one though. :)

hi all. it has been a while since i have had a chance to post here. i have my options in for my serenity (shuttle #1 taking off, shuttle #2 docked, reactor vent covers open, capt. mal's name on the builder's plaque for signature).

i am looking forward to this piece!!!

So that's much the same as me then. I'm not sure anyone will have the reactor vent covers closed, covers up too much of the lighting.

Really looking forward to it too, tho based on my last email from Andy, seems the wait maybe a little longer. Don't think he'll mind me posting this:

In fact, just to give you a sense of just how dedicated to quality we are – we just rejected the entire first shipment of build kits for not being good enough. The detailing was great, but a couple had cracks from mishandling is shipping and others had a slightly higher-than-acceptable shrink rate after curing (we're talking a difference of 1-2%). In China they would use the kits anyway, patching or bending the resin to fit. But for our artisan program, every kit must be pristine – even if that means a delay in production.

Still, it's the quality that matters, since we plan to keep it forever. Just means I think I'll be having a big couple of months in Jan/Feb.

I just want to make sure that they get the primary buffer panel on tight. ;)

Don't know about anyone else, but I just got my confirmation 'setup' email, ie confirming exactly how I want my Serenity built, so one assumes production will be starting soon on mine. But of course Christmas/new year is going to get in the way a bit, tho by the end of Jan is still looking good.

Since quality is the overriding factor, I suspect the first bunch are taking longer then QMx had hoped. No doubt once they get in to the rhythm of building them, things will go a bit faster.

Back