1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made my peace with the new pricing so if this guymatches the price of the biker scout or is cheaper ill **** a brick in excitement! Even if he'll probably be a year out from whenever the pre order starts. Funny how this is the most basic figure out of their recent Star Wars announcements but it's the last to go up for order...

Haven't drunk a drop since Saturday. :lecture

My next week's worth of posts will be fueled by Bailey's so it'll be a swinging pendulum of morose and exuberant, though consistently bitter and petty in between. In other words, no noticeable change.

My next week's worth of posts will be fueled by Bailey's so it'll be a swinging pendulum of morose and exuberant, though consistently bitter and petty in between. In other words, no noticeable change.

Sounds like an average poster in any HT Star Wars thread. :lol

Preview!

preview__TieFighter.jpg

PO next Thursday.

Last edited:
Finally!!! Thank you sideshow!!!!

Too bad we won't see him until episode 7 hits theaters (at the very earliest)

If it was $199 I might get it. You'd think the savings on not having make and paint a likeness would drive the cost down a bit.

PREVIEW - PO next Thursday...

preview__TieFighter.jpg

One of my favorite armor designs. Will look killer having a couple on display with Vader.

A year ago it would have been $129 or $149. But now SS has been able to implement the HT pricing model (without matching quality and head sculpt likeness and scale). That said, I'll need to pick up one or two. Sucker.

But now SS has been able to implement the HT pricing model (without matching quality and head sculpt likeness and scale).

Ok, Sideshow have produced some misses, no one will argue that. But of all the latest prototypes shown, Sideshow is absolutely annihilating Hot Toys in terms of likeness. There's just no comparison and you can take examples from Hot Toys entire line, not just the crap likenesses they've shown so far for Star Wars.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by scale because both companies produce figures that are off in that respect, past and present - one is no better than the other here. I'd say the build quality goes to Hot Toys based on past releases, considering both soft and hard goods, especially the base bodies. BUt both companies also have some exceptionally great and poor examples.

Costs have gone up everywhere and my guess is they just saw that they could command a higher price because collectors are willing to pay for it. Bill of Materials and production expenses doen't necessarily dictate the final cost of an item. You build to a price point based on your intended market and margins to begin with.

A year ago it would have been $129 or $149. But now SS has been able to implement the HT pricing model (without matching quality and head sculpt likeness and scale). .

:exactly: folks will argue SS has improved human sculpts which is debatable but SS has yet to prove to me they can match paint apps and tailoring to get in the high price game. That said, I have SS Snow and Sand Troopers along with web canon and probe droid so they do some things fairly well. The Hoth series (for me) will determine what I think about their future of human characters at escalated prices. All that aside, Pilot roll in around Scout price and I'll pick him up.

Worried about the price but pretty confident it will be a home run figure. SSC proved their Worth when it comes to armored/helmeted figures. I can't see them mess up with this Tie Pilot.

Back