Sideshow Storm Shadow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a nunchuck fan as well, no regs here for me, I'm going down in the blaze of glory on the WL for those chucks! :rock

Nunchaku.gif

Numchuks are awesome. I dressed as Michaelangelo for 3 consecutive Halloweens as a kid, and every year I broke the cheap plastic numchuks from spinning them around too much.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/bv9uFxYhp3c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/bv9uFxYhp3c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am a closet geek, I'll admit, I don't flaunt my collection to the world, I don't tell everyone I collect toys comics and statues, I don't do it for them I do it for me, just like tattoos, I got 3 but never show them off to people unless asked specifically.

I definitely don't think people who open toys are grown men with problems, I just commented that there are some if not many not in this hobby that do believe it. I like my collection neat and orderly, I don't even go to comic shops that are messy, I used to work in the WBSS Gallery and just love the look of everything nice and orderly. Well displayed well lit, clean, I just don't see it with a loose collection, I never will, I have tried, trust me, I have, but I am over that when I moved out and got my own place.

And I don't know what OCD is:confused:

OCD
Obsessive compulsive disorder. A common problem among collectors, and neetfreaks. Everything must be EXACTLY so, or it drives you batty. an EXTREME example of OCD is Danny Tanner from Full house.

DannyTannerBobSaget.0.0.0x0.512x384.jpeg

Poster boy for OCD

I don't mind, but I always just call them 12" figures. I don't always like to hear that they are referred to as dolls, especially since they are so dang expensive, but I agree that's what they are technically.

I only started recently with 1/6 scale, (I had the 21st century swat and WWII figures that came out like 10years ago when I was working at Toys R Us, opened those too, but ended up selliung after awhile, cuz I just don't care about loose figures) I do really want the Hot Toys Batman figures, and really consider opening them, but then I will be right back in the same situation with the Joes, will I be able to justify it...probably not, but who knows.

Batman, if you get him is a MUST to open, simply because in the box, you really CANNOT appreciate him. besides, he looks excellent posed in a brooding stance ontop of some tall perch in your living room.

OCD
Obsessive compulsive disorder. A common problem among collectors, and neetfreaks. Everything must be EXACTLY so, or it drives you batty. an EXTREME example of OCD is Danny Tanner from Full house.

Batman, if you get him is a MUST to open, simply because in the box, you really CANNOT appreciate him. besides, he looks excellent posed in a brooding stance ontop of some tall perch in your living room.

Well, I don't think I am that bad, if I don't get something, I don't freak out about it, I will try and get it though eventually (try). I just like my collection to look clean, I don't dust every day, maybe once a month or two. I like mib stuff, just like loose collectors like loose stuff. I am definitely not a neatfreak either, being in the Marines, I definitely know how to clean and what to look for, but they dissuaded me from actually wanting to clean all the time. (if anyone else went through bootcamp, you know what I mean)

I am more interested in the Jokers (bank Robber, police outfit) especially since the police outfit one has a second outfit that can be put onto another body, so 2 figures for a much lower price. Plus the eyes move :naughty
I would get the Batman also, I think they are doing a deluxe one also...are they sealed with tape? or are they able to open like the SS 12"?

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for the Storm Shadow 12-inch Figure – Sideshow Exclusive collectible (item #26111) on September 25th

Should be here on the 26th(if they ship it on the 25th) or early the following week. (I am an hour away from them).

I went on the WL 1 hour after the PPO (I hate those things) it took me almost 4 months to get it converted to an order....just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back