Sideshow Wolf Bio Recast Alert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why wouldn't you have stated that in the FS thread? None of this was stated in the item description. And even an idiot would know that the one you sold him with was a fake when you look at it and look at the original one so stating "I thought it was the original" is bull____.

Why didn't I state the "original" bio was broken?? Well that's the answer in itself:lol

I listed the bio as custom. Plus all you've gotta do is look at the damn thing. I DID NOT know the bio was a "fake" I don't have much custom accessory experiance so...... I fell in the seller's trap:lol (my fault)

That's the thing. Common sense would tell you to wait until it arrives and you hear back from the buyer before spending the cash. Tracking will tell you when it gets there so you know when to start bugging.

Trouble is "common sense" is not very common any more.

Hey RUMADMAN, I'm turning 16 soon! YAY! :D

@RUMADMAN: That "against the law" comment may be true, but it's not my PP account I buy with. It's my dad's. And it's not me the buyer MO's are sent to. It's my dad. We get the money in the mail addressed to him, he cashes it, and gives it to me. Plain and simple, it's my stuff and my dough, but he's the middle man that such a process would require.
Dunno how it is with Elder; at one point I heard he had a PP of his own, but it's not rocket science to be under 21 and also be a responsible person to deal with.

@DutchAzlon: Best... quote... ever.

Hey Elder, I'm turning 16 soon! YAY! Dunno if you've already had your birthday this year, but we could sure as hell set an example for younger people putting their old stuff up for sale. All it takes is at least one picture per item (assuming you can show all of the accessories in that one picture), and an honest description easy.

@RUMADMAN: That may be, but it's not my PP account I buy with. It's my dad's. And it's not me the buyer MO's are sent to. It's my dad. We get the money in the mail, he cashes it, and gives it to me. Plain and simple, it's my stuff and my dough, but he's the middle man that such a process would require.
Dunno how it is with Elder; at one point I heard he had a PP of his own, but it's not rocket science to be under 21 and be a good person to deal with.

thats a scary thought... then i as a selller dont know who i would be exactly dealing with..... you or your father...

Hey RUMADMAN, I'm turning 16 soon! YAY! :D

@RUMADMAN: That "against the law" comment may be true, but it's not my PP account I buy with. It's my dad's. And it's not me the buyer MO's are sent to. It's my dad. We get the money in the mail addressed to him, he cashes it, and gives it to me. Plain and simple, it's my stuff and my dough, but he's the middle man that such a process would require.
Dunno how it is with Elder; at one point I heard he had a PP of his own, but it's not rocket science to be under 21 and also be a responsible person to deal with.

@DutchAzlon: Best... quote... ever.
Please keep my name outa the conversation :) :lol

Why didn't I state the "original" bio was broken?? Well that's the answer in itself:lol

I listed the bio as custom. Plus all you've gotta do is look at the damn thing. I DID NOT know the bio was a "fake" I don't have much custom accessory experiance so...... I fell in the seller's trap:lol (my fault)

That right there is basically you admitting to defrauding your customer. It wasn't the original bio then and you, fully admitting here that you knew it, still stated that Celtic was "complete." And again, any idiot looking at the custom, who's seen, let alone held the original bio, would know the difference. And I'd say you set the trap and thought you could take advantage of someone while gaining a real "complete" Celtic in the process. I really hope he takes it the legal route. You're actions are disgusting and shameless and deserve proper consequences for what you've done.

That right there is basically you admitting to defrauding your customer. It wasn't the original bio then and you, fully admitting here that you knew it, still stated that Celtic was "complete." And again, any idiot looking at the custom, who's seen, let alone held the original bio, would know the difference. And I'd say you set the trap and thought you could take advantage of someone while gaining a real "complete" Celtic in the process. I really hope he takes it the legal route. You're actions are disgusting and shameless and deserve proper consequences for what you've done.

I haven't done anything. Read the PM I forwarded you. Ash bought the figure AS-IS so.....:lol

Plus, the Bio I got from Juan had two black parts on the back.(It looked like one bio was glued or welded on top of the other) I don't know if that's what the original one looked like or not. But oh well, as I said in a PM "figure sold as-is" he bought it anyway.

thats a scary thought... then i as a selller dont know who i would be exactly dealing with..... you or your father...

You'd be dealing with me. My father is only needed for the payment part of it all. Rest assured, I've gotten only positive feedback both here and on The Hunter's Lair. But I understand, whatwith all of the things that have been going on, it's hard to believe you could trust someone under 21. Really though, age has nothing to do with it. Common sense is the thing.

@PVA: I got your forwarded message. The box is the only point you were trying to prove there, when there are more important issues concerning the transaction (the bio and your lack of communication on what's happened between you, Darthjuan, and that pesky feeBay seller). Not helping much...

And you may have told him you were selling it "as-is", but that's no reason not to include some potentially important details like... hmm, the original bio was broken and you had to get a new one off eBay? Seems pretty significant, regardless of whether or not it was truly legit. To me, using the fact that you wrote "as-is" is like an excuse not to be blamed for any issues the figure may have. And you failed to specify any of those. Looking at a pretty photo isn't all a buyer needs. A good and honest explanation's pretty helpful, too.

I haven't done anything. Read the PM I forwarded you. Ash bought the figure AS-IS so.....:lol

Plus, the Bio I got from Juan had two black parts on the back.(It looked like one bio was glued or welded on top of the other) I don't know if that's what the original one looked like or not. But oh well, as I said in a PM "figure sold as-is" he bought it anyway.

That little PM doesn't mean anything bub. You also said he was "complete" and clearly, having a custom bio, missing the stand and spear, he wasn't. Stating "as is" and then stating "complete" tells me and everyone else that he's coming with every accessory originally on the HT figure except for the box, which again, we've agreed with you about. Plus, you're not accounting for the damage resulting from your halfassed packing job.

If I ordered a figure from you that was loose but complete, which is how you've described yours, and it came like yours, there'd be two officers showing up at your house to take your mother down and book her for two felonies, wire fraud and embezzlement (since unfortunately it was her account that accepted and spent the money). I'd let the DA sort it out while filing a suit in small claims court afterward to get my money back if the bank was unable to put a stop payment on the transaction.

Nothing's happend between me a DJ, I didn't care the bio was broken for these reasons:
1.I finally had a Celtic Pred
2.I had another Bio which I thought was stock, but customized
3.Didn't plan on selling him anytime soon

I sold the figure to him "AS-IS" its just like selling a car, as long as it's sold "As-Is" the seller is protected.

I've agreed to refund his money, he's not happy with it, because he over hyped himself with what he was getting, and didn't read/understand all the info in the PM's I sent.

He also keeps changing the deal around, first he just wanted the spear and stand, then he wanted half his money back, then a full refund, and NOW he wants my figuremasterles custom movie accurate Scar Predator plus $100.

Everyone that I sent a forwarded PM to please read it, and post it here if possible. I don't know how :lol It proves everything I said before as true

PvA how do I know you didn't alter the messages to look like how you wanted? Sorry but trust seems to be lacking between me and you. I wish I could trust bro but I'd rather let you and the person this is between resolve it. Don't bring others into your mess please.

I wouldent feel comfterable making payments to a second partys paypal account if that was the case.

Nothing's happend between me a DJ, I didn't care the bio was broken for these reasons:

I sold the figure to him "AS-IS" its just like selling a car, as long as it's sold "As-Is" the seller is protected.

I've agreed to refund his money, he's not happy with it, because he over hyped himself with what he was getting, and didn't read/understand all the info in the PM's I sent.

He also keeps changing the deal around, first he just wanted the spear and stand, then he wanted half his money back, then a full refund, and NOW he wants my figuremasterles custom movie accurate Scar Predator plus $100.

FYI, I don't care how much "As Is" you put in anything. It doesn't protect you from breaking the law. Especially in a state as liberal as ours. At this point, you're just exposing more dishonesty with each and every post. I'd request that the mods ban you from selling, but that's up to Ash. People like you ruin it for honest members.

He's probably asking you for that stuff because you stated you won't have the refund ready soon enough. Two weeks is perfectly reasonable judging by all the stuff you have up for sale. As soon as you get $420, send it to Ash. Don't worry about your wish list or other things until that's taken care of.

And again, the words "AS-IS" mean nothing to me but a quick way to cover one's self if anything might be wrong with a figure. Pictures and a detailed, truthful description are needed before half-heartedly slapping something like that on a deal. It's about as cheap as saying you have no responsibility for an item in transit after you pack it in a box of Cheerio's. Liability phrases like these should only be used IF you've done your end of the deal well enough.

I wouldent feel comfterable making payments to a second partys paypal account if that was the case.

That's what feedback's for :). I know it sounds weird, but no matter your age, if you collect, you ought to be able to sell. And if you've proven to be responsible, no reason to be worried. I've been uneasy when it comes to buying stuff at times. Maybe the seller wouldn't do as good a job at packing, maybe the item wasn't well taken care of. Well, as hard as it may seem to believe, I take good care of my items (and if I buy them broken, I list whatever issues/fixes they have on the thread) and pack them as securely as possible with my dad, who's actually a skilled hobbyist (he uses a hot wire cutter to cut and shape foam to make model RC airplanes).
I recently packed a loose McF AVP Alien Queen for someone on THL. We made a little foam support (almost like a cube) that it would sit in, carefully secured with wire, with walls that would prevent any of its spines from getting snapped. This was an international shipment and the buyer got her stuff safe and sound. My record is clean on both sites I've sold stuff on and I've got references as well.

Like I said, when bad apples do their thing, people are more uneasy when it comes to dealing with younger sellers. Truth is, those bad apples could be any age. And it doesn't take much to know you want to make the buyer happy so you can keep your money and your guilt complex from going on the fritz :).

PVA, like I said, have the refund ready within the two weeks and let Ash send it back afterwards. If things go smoothly and according to his original fix, then all you'll end up doing is getting stuck with the Celtic and out $420 as before. That's about as neat and tidy as this can get.

Last edited:
Dunno if you'd accept paying the price Ash had to pay. I think it's better to shoot for the refund. Then at least the seller will have learned a lesson and we'll have better prevention from something like this in the future. Honest mistake or not, no reason to simply swipe it under the rug.

@spider: Welcome, man. I'd say it's about the same. With eBay you have PP protection, along with eBay's protection. Here, most sellers use PP as well (I personally use money orders), so you should be covered either way. Also, on a forum, you can have better communication and negotiation. Typically the prices are lower, too. Good hunting, dude ;).

How are you covered with money orders again? :tap

It's a term of endearment he earned from me in the Joe threads over a spat regarding the Cobra throne. ;) :lol

O I remember that BULL ____, I got called out by this ashkanls, giving me ____ about not having a shirt on my profile and some lumped in with you and Deak about something said about him.

U R still on my mf'n list ashkanls :mad:

Back