Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that is the end of Tobey and Garfield's Spidey time. I doubt anything else will feel right. Tobey was the stoic veteran that brought the calming presence. His demeanor when stopping the glider was a great moment.

I think that is the end of Tobey and Garfield's Spidey time. I doubt anything else will feel right. Tobey was the stoic veteran that brought the calming presence. His demeanor when stopping the glider was a great moment.
I would feel the same if Venom had stayed in the MCU universe, but Sony would not let their vilanverse to be without Spiderman, and Garfield's is the best choice.

Unless Tobey is the wise old teacher to tutor a Miles, I’m perfectly at peace about this being his swan song. But Andrew definitely has a lot more to give and I think the feeling’s mutual.

Well now that I think of it....really it seems like there was only 2 universes brought in before Strange sealed the spell. All were connected to Tobey's or Andrew's. And since you can count out a Venom in Tobey's universe, the logical assumption would be that Hardy's Brock is in Garfield's universe. How about that?

Well now that I think of it....really it seems like there was only 2 universes brought in before Strange sealed the spell. All were connected to Tobey's or Andrew's. And since you can count out a Venom in Tobey's universe, the logical assumption would be that Hardy's Brock is in Garfield's universe. How about that?
That's certainly possible but I wouldn't say it's logical. What's weird is Dr. Strange said the spell drew in people from other universes that knew who Spider-Man was, but It seemed clear that Eddie Brock/Venom did NOT know him, so why was he pulled in?

Speaking of the Eddie Brock scene, did anyone else say "Football is life" when they saw the bartender? :wink1:

but It seemed clear that Eddie Brock/Venom did NOT know him, so why was he pulled in?
Yeah good point. I also cannot figure out how Tobey seen Ned and MJ before he walked through the portal. That's the biggest question I have at this point.

Also, what a huge tease seeing the villains in the multiverse tear. I spotted Kraven, Scorpion and Rhino all in their full glory comic book forms. WTF I wanted to see those in live action!
p.s. - I'm starting to feel ill again, Matticus. That avatar!!!
It is from the latest red carpet interview. Couldn't help myself. She was wearing a fur jacket too as I think she is Kraven The Hunter. :FREAK:

Yeah good point. I also cannot figure out how Tobey seen Ned and MJ before he walked through the portal. That's the biggest question I have at this point.

Also, what a huge tease seeing the villains in the multiverse tear. I spotted Kraven, Scorpion and Rhino all in their full glory comic book forms. WTF I wanted to see those in live action!

It is from the latest red carpet interview. Couldn't help myself. She was wearing a fur jacket too as I think she is Kraven The Hunter. :FREAK:
Well, Ned and MJ had been ID'd by the media as friends of Peter, so I think he could have just seen them on a newscast or something.

I saw Kraven and Scorpion during my second viewing today, but if I saw Rhino I didn't recognize him.

Well… I actually enjoyed this movie. Comedic parts and all. And I usually hate those.

**Mild spoilers below** just in case

It was definitely a fun flick to sit through for 2 and a half hours. The parts you guys felt were emotional didn’t really hit me the same way lol. I didn’t shed a single tear. Quite frankly, I would’ve liked to see MJ go splat since she’s the weakest part of the three movies, but I appreciated that moment because of Andrew Garfield’s Parker. Seeing the three Spider-Men fight together was really fun to watch and all of the villains were fun, too. Even Jamie Fox playing Jamie Fox lol. Willem Defoe was awesome. I was about to get annoyed that Sandman’s human form wasn’t shown but he finally did towards the end.

Someone here questioned the scene with Spider-Man and MJ swinging through the sewer, it made sense to me, the whole city was harassing them and he was trying to get away, or hide away, whichever.

I’ll also agree that it kinda felt like Tobey wasn’t really feeling the Peter Parker role anymore, like he outgrew it or something. His performance improved towards the end, imo.

That's certainly possible but I wouldn't say it's logical. What's weird is Dr. Strange said the spell drew in people from other universes that knew who Spider-Man was, but It seemed clear that Eddie Brock/Venom did NOT know him, so why was he pulled in?

Speaking of the Eddie Brock scene, did anyone else say "Football is life" when they saw the bartender? :wink1:
Remember in the post credits of Venom 2, where Venom says to Eddie that Eddie has no idea how vast the universe is, and that he is connected to a larger hive mind (to do with being a symbiote) and that he will show Eddie a sliver of his own powers.
If he is connect to a larger hive mind then he knows that Tobey's Spider-Man killed Venom(Topher Grace) in Spider-man 3, thats why Venom says referring to Tom's Spider-man in the tv "I hate this guy".

Remember in the post credits of Venom 2, where Venom says to Eddie that Eddie has no idea how vast the universe is, and that he is connected to a larger hive mind (to do with being a symbiote) and that he will show Eddie a sliver of his own powers.
If he is connect to a larger hive mind then he knows that Tobey's Spider-Man killed Venom(Topher Grace) in Spider-man 3, thats why Venom says referring to Tom's Spider-man in the tv "I hate this guy".
Yeah that makes sense. Forgot about that as the symbiotes can talk to each other through the multiverse and Hardy Venom would then know who Spider-Man is in multiple universes. Good catch.

I had the same feeling, Garfield was having the time of his life but Tobey was bored with the character, yes he was nostalgic but i just did not feel him giving his 100%.
It has been what 14 years for Tobey. Even at the time of Spider-Man 3 I think Tobey was mentally done with the role after the epic ness of Spider-man 2 and that Raimi had to really convince him to do Spider-man 3 and Tobey only agreed because Raimi wanted to do one more and he liked working with Raimi. I think being the type of actor Tobey was, he liked the role more than the actual character but he never wanted to be known for just being spider-man in his career, but of course that was what happened . I wouldn’t say Tobey pulled a Harrison Ford with Han scenario, but I can tell he was going to make this one special as a fan service more than anything, but perhaps a swan song for him as well.

with Andrew, as I mentioned..this was 100% redemption on his part for the critics who kicked him aside as a Spider-Man in the movies .

It has been what 14 years for Tobey. Even at the time of Spider-Man 3 I think Tobey was mentally done with the role after the epic ness of Spider-man 2 and that Raimi had to really convince him to do Spider-man 3 and Tobey only agreed because Raimi wanted to do one more and he liked working with Raimi. I think being the type of actor Tobey was, he liked the role more than the actual character but he never wanted to be known for just being spider-man in his career, but of course that was what happened . I wouldn’t say Tobey pulled a Harrison Ford with Han scenario, but I can tell he was going to make this one special as a fan service more than anything, but perhaps a swan song for him as well.

with Andrew, as I mentioned..this was 100% redemption on his part for the critics who kicked him aside as a Spider-Man in the movies .
Let's hope Andrew is back in the future maybe with with Venom 3 after his excellent return in NWH, Sony already have a few Spider-mens in action, what is the problem with one more.

Yeah that makes sense. Forgot about that as the symbiotes can talk to each other through the multiverse and Hardy Venom would then know who Spider-Man is in multiple universes. Good catch.
Well, I would have had to see Venom 2 in order to remember anything from it, but thanks for the explanation. :lol I did pick up the blu-ray the other day, so I'll watch it eventually.

This movie just proves that EVERYONE loves Spider-Man. This movie transcends actors, good or bad stories, even people like Wor-Gar who has a black hole where his soul should be will be seeing this movie. I just hope Disney and Sony work out a deal so we can get at least get 3 more Spidey movies. Even with all of his main villains used, there are still more villains and allies for Spider-Man to interact with. Happy to see all the people enjoying some web action for the holidays and another MCU home run. 👍

Well, Ned and MJ had been ID'd by the media as friends of Peter, so I think he could have just seen them on a newscast or something.

I saw Kraven and Scorpion during my second viewing today, but if I saw Rhino I didn't recognize him.
What, where did you see them? Tbh I would have loved that instead of Lizard and Sandman, two really weak characters, that they just brought in a novelty villain like Frogman or Big Wheel for a laugh. I guess it was nice they were so accommodating.

Back